• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Man I am getting gangbanged by Durga and Garuda on hard.

Any tips? As soon as they fight starts they have me air stun locked until I come back on my seocnd try then they do it again. Sasha is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Go in with a rampage stored, and play defense until your partner lands a combo on one or the other, then pop your rampage and start attacking along with your partner. Ideally, your partner will keep the target in hit stun after your rampage flurry, so they wouldn't be able to block the next one. If you continue this for the entire duration of your rampage you should be able to kill one boss with the rampage, and the 2-on-1 afterwards is pretty straightforward.

could anyone use a code for Bayonetta + the two maps? I tried this a bit but don't really like it.

also I'm in the UK so don't know if it will work on other region accounts or not. let me know

PS3 version

I wouldn't mind them. I love this game!

Edit: I'm in US though so it may not work :-(

Neiteio

Hoping to find some time to play this tonight! Probably around midnight EST.

I know it's a good game when I feel restless not playing it!

Roto13

So I tried that survival boss again and won. Except I didn't get the kill so I didn't unlock it in the model viewer, which was my goal. :p Boo.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Went and picked up my preorder from EB Games, but they told me they're not handing out anymore DLC codes. Does anyone have an extra PS3 code to spare?

Please add me to the list of players too, thank you.

Kyouji; Pak38; PS3

Kazzy

My copy arrived today, and despite some stupidity surrounding my purchase (my account is US-based, I bought the UK "Limited Edition"), this game has not disappointed me one bit.

I decided to go in on the hard difficulty, which is quite challenging, though it's manageable. Well, there have been a few niggles.
The gargoyle mission was a huge spike, and probably the hardest thing I had to do in all my missions on the Black Side. Also, I can't get my head around how to take out that cyborg at the end of the first free-mission in the desert. Its the only mission I eventually took a pass on, and it doesn't help it takes the good part of 10 minutes to reach that one enemy (not to mention you have 1 life). Maybe it's because I'm on hard, but one combo can pretty much drain your entire health bar.

I did the entire Black Side in one sitting, so it's safe to say that I'm enjoying myself! I like playing as Jack, Rin Rin too, although I'm undecided on Black Baron, and I didn't get along with Big Bull at all.

wingz

My copy arrived today, and despite some stupidity surrounding my purchase (my account is US-based, I bought the UK "Limited Edition"), this game has not disappointed me one bit.

I decided to go in on the hard difficulty, which is quite challenging, though it's manageable. Well, there have been a few niggles.
The gargoyle mission was a huge spike, and probably the hardest thing I had to do in all my missions on the Black Side. Also, I can't get my head around how to take out that cyborg at the end of the first free-mission in the desert. Its the only mission I eventually took a pass on, and it doesn't help it takes the good part of 10 minutes to reach that one enemy (not to mention you have 1 life). Maybe it's because I'm on hard, but one combo can pretty much drain your entire health bar.

I did the entire Black Side in one sitting, so it's safe to say that I'm enjoying myself! I like playing as Jack, Rin Rin too, although I'm undecided on Black Baron, and I didn't get along with Big Bull at all.

For the dessert free mission, start off with rampage mode and defeat as many enemies as you can. By the time the 100th enemy comes, you should have another rampage mode and go all out it using it (just keep on doing your light power attack combos). Also, if possible try to get some items before going into the mission.

Teknoman

Is Mysterious Destiny from Bayonetta in the rotation for MP? I've seen it posted as part of the soundtrack, but havent heard it yet.

Fucking level 50 Bayo going 12-1, infinite dodging, combos that do 80%. Ugh, I have no idea what is happening.

All I can say is just hang back, watch for openings, and try to do slide combos ( attack pause a second then continue the combo to do a slide modified combo). Also use the hell out of items.

Hoping to find some time to play this tonight! Probably around midnight EST.

I know it's a good game when I feel restless not playing it!

Yup my thoughts exactly. Has there been a GAF deathball, TDM, or CTF match yet? If not, there needs to be. Also invite more people to the Anarchy Reigns PSN chatroom so they know whats going down.

EDIT: I need to practice with Jack. I want to get better with him, Leo, Durga, and Zero (when I unlock him anyway). Maybe Garuda since I like robots...and he transforms into a jet that is actually rid-able by teammates!

Recall

I must say the music in this game is amazing, might not be to everyone's tastes but it certainly is mine. Loving he gameplay too, pile driving helicopters is epic fun.

My only issue and its a tiny one is that you are given the option to play in Japanese except the subtitles are those of the English dub, so the subtitles and what they are saying are totally different. The Baron fight in Black Side 1 was the biggest culprit of this, different lines completely so the subtitles don't match.

wanders

Is Mysterious Destiny from Bayonetta in the rotation for MP? I've seen it posted as part of the soundtrack, but havent heard it yet.

All I can say is just hang back, watch for openings, and try to do slide combos ( attack pause a second then continue the combo to do a slide modified combo). Also use the hell out of items.

Yup my thoughts exactly. Has there been a GAF deathball, TDM, or CTF match yet? If not, there needs to be. Also invite more people to the Anarchy Reigns PSN chatroom so they know whats going down.

I know! I want to hear Mysterious Destiny!

Teknoman

Also I demand that Cybrid Joe be a dlc character (unless they stopped doing DLC) or at least appear in Vanquish 2, Bayonetta 2, or something.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm haven't gotten the trophy for getting all the characters despite having finished Campaign and having everyone in the OP. Who am I missing and how do I get them?

Roto13

Also I demand that Cybrid Joe be a dlc character (unless they stopped doing DLC) or at least appear in Vanquish 2, Bayonetta 2, or something.

Cybrid Joe really seems like he should be a playable character. Moreso than the Gargoyle. Speaking of which:
I'm haven't gotten the trophy for getting all the characters despite having finished Campaign and having everyone in the OP. Who am I missing and how do I get them?

You have to beat the campaign a second time starting from the other side to unlock Gargoyle.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok I liked the campaign, but for now I really dislike the multiplayer :/ I just played 2 matches, but is there a mode without this shit like oooh the whole area is poison or pandemic?
And still 16 player ffa?
Annoying

Roto13

Ok I liked the campaign, but for now I really dislike the multiplayer :/ I just played 2 matches, but is there a mode without this shit like oooh the whole area is poison or pandemic?
And still 16 player ffa?
Annoying

I like the random events but there should be a way to turn them off.

There isn't, though.

akaoni

Banned
Mad survival: I think I've beaten all the stages at least once but I cry inside everytime it's the subway or the oil rig where it ends with the robots. I didn't think the oil rig was an issue when I first tried the mode because my team were just badasses but I didn't realise, at least I think I remember winning it several times. You really notice it with newer players, those robot enemies doing penetrating full screen attacks taking out your entire team in 1-2 hits. I did beat the subway for the first time where it ends with 2 Max and 3 Barbot, so that can be beaten. Problem is I don't have working strategy for the bot endings, seems to be a matter of luck, and team competence. I tried to rampage the robots down on oil rig, but they're still standing after throwing a full rampage at them, and then you still have the other 4(?) to deal with. In short - how do you beat those bots?

What is the actual input for breaking throws?

Is anyone else having problems winning rampage duels? It seems like I'm doing fine and then suddenly lose when the button changes. There's not enough time to humanly react, which I'm thinking might be a result of the host connection in that the user with better latency will see the change first which allows them to get a free headstart on the button change.

How do you initiate a private duel in other game modes? When I began fighting one player in particular, we got moved to our own private cagematch during the game, and then moved back to the larger game when I lost.

Someone complaining about a lvl 50 Bayonetta - that's exactly what I faced in my private cagematch during a battle royale. I think they had the evader ability equipped which allows them to be really slippery. They were pretty much wiping the floor with anyone who attempted to fight them in a battle royale no less, and they were doing absurdly long strings (possibly infinites). I tried to erase it from my memory while crying myself to sleep, most standout player I've seen so far, they clearly knew every little quirk to the gameplay.

Recall

Just played 4, 2v2 death matches and holy shit was it crazy. There is a nice flow to it all even with the madness and getting a kill feels very rewarding. I like it a lot.

Teknoman

And still 16 player ffa?
Annoying

Search for smaller modes then or host a match with a limit. No way to turn off random stuff though since thats pretty much part of the game. Pretty easy to avoid most of the time, but I think its there to force people to explore/move around the levels.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Going to hit up some more multiplayer sessions soon. If there's enough interest, I might give out a few Bayonetta / Extra modes codes to people who jump in the matches and don't have them yet. :) More details shortly!

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Going to hit up some more multiplayer sessions soon. If there's enough interest, I might give out a few Bayonetta / Extra modes codes to people who jump in the matches and don't have them yet. :) More details shortly!

That would be lovely, how do we join you?

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
In the character model library, there's a "beat ??? in Survival" to unlock. Is ??? the
Tokusatsu Gargoyles?
Because I ran into them yesterday and they beat the shit out of us. The bartender/cybrid joe hybrid wasn't that difficult and beating him didn't unlock anything.

Roto13

In the character model library, there's a "beat ??? in Survival" to unlock. Is ??? the
Tokusatsu Gargoyles?
Because I ran into them yesterday and they beat the shit out of us. The bartender/cybrid joe hybrid wasn't that difficult and beating him didn't unlock anything.

It's the Cybrid Joe Bartender. You have to land the killing blow for it to count.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's the Cybrid Joe Bartender. You have to land the killing blow for it to count.
Well, fuck. He actually wiped out two of my teammates and I went Rampage to deal with him/stall until they respawned and did most of the work in killing him :\

And while we're at it, anyone have tips for beating said spoilered group from my previous post? I had the misfortune of fighting THREE at the same time (though I lasted longer than my teammates who got solo'd, hehe). They did nothing but spam throw. Why, there's nothing different from the A.I. and how people play!

Roto13

Well, fuck. He actually wiped out two of my teammates and I went Rampage to deal with him/stall until they respawned and did most of the work in killing him :\

And while we're at it, anyone have tips for beating said spoilered group from my previous post? I had the misfortune of fighting THREE at the same time (though I lasted longer than my teammates who got solo'd, hehe). They did nothing but spam throw. Why, there's nothing different from the A.I. and how people play!

Your team mates might have been crap. :p They're not really that tough if you have three competent players. But if it's just you against five Gargoyles, you're gonna have a bad time.

When I played, I was with two good players and I took out two of the gargoyles and we didn't have much trouble.

Eusis

Fell out of it for awhile because I got enthralled by Xcom. Willing to jump back into Anarchy again now though since I've been getting kinda frustrated at Xcom!

kiyomi

Beat the SP, pretty fun and just the right length.

Haven't found the time to play much MP, I usually get on midnight GMT/7pm EST though.

Could do with a bigger Euro contingent, other region play with lots of players hasn't always been that smooth. Still getting my ass handed to me either way, lol.

I am definitely down for this, let me know. What's your PSN name? If it's on Xbox live then I can't join ya.

Kard8p3

Just played 4, 2v2 death matches and holy shit was it crazy. There is a nice flow to it all even with the madness and getting a kill feels very rewarding. I like it a lot.

So far this is my favorite mode. With the right teammate I have been wrecking the competition.

Neiteio

So far this is my favorite mode. With the right teammate I have been wrecking the competition.
Tag Battle, which is 2v2v2v2, is also a lot of fun. Playing Ai Rin and flying off a boost pad side-by-side in perfect sync with my Fei Rin teammate was awesome.

Kard8p3

Tag Battle, which is 2v2v2v2, is also a lot of fun. Playing Ai Rin and flying off a boost pad side-by-side in perfect sync with my Fei Rin teammate was awesome.

Woops, I got what he was saying mixed up with this mode, lmao. I feel dumb. This is easily coolest mode.

I didn't check but is there a way to play this game locally? As in just play this game at all. Because with the kind of lag you get online you could hardly call it playing.

Neiteio

The secret is to host.
Yep. Host a Battle Royale yourself and be patient. The first few minutes, everyone who joins will leave since they'll see all the empty slots. They'll then try searching again, and wind up in your room since you're the only room available. Eventually, they arrive alongside one or two others. Seeing more people in the room, they stay. Then latecomers see the crowd and stay, as well. Soon you hit 12 out of 16, the minimum for the game to start, and the yellow countdown begins. Then four more people join. Then it's off to the races, and when all's said and done everyone had so much fun that most of them stay. Had like four back-to-back matches I hosted myself this way.

Roto13

Alright, I'm gonna play some Mad Survival, if anyone wants in. rotothirteen on PSN. Can't promise anything since it's only a three player game though. :p

Top Bottom