• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The game is called ANARCHY REIGNS. Are we really having a discussion on the morality of kill stealing?

Heh, see this is exactly what I'm saying though. There really shouldn't be any discussion on it. It's anarchy, fuck morality. :lol If you want the kill, you've gotta protect your quarry, heh.

Volcynika

Heh, see this is exactly what I'm saying though. There really shouldn't be any discussion on it. It's anarchy, fuck morality. :lol If you want the kill, you've gotta protect your quarry, heh.

Yeah, if someone is getting beaten up and has low health, you better know I'm going to try to run in and pull off a throw on them to finish em off!

bitoriginal

Yeah, if someone is getting beaten up and has low health, you better know I'm going to try to run in and pull off a throw on them to finish em off!

Fuck a throw, I'm a fan of the mid air killer weapon heavy attack for the final blow. Durga gun leg death from above.

Neiteio

On the first one

jtHFPc9n0ktlD.png
Ah, OK. Thanks for sharing this. Battle Royale was a lot of fun last night, and the Gargoyle you played after that match was monstrous. :)

PlatinumGamesJP said:
The game is called ANARCHY REIGNS. Are we really having a discussion on the morality of kill stealing?
Oh man, I love kill-stealing. I'll hang back on the other side of a room, watching people duke it out, licking my lips, rubbing my hands together... Waiting. Then when the moment is right, I scoot on over (love how Bull scoots) while humming Ennio Morricone music. I leap into the fray with repeated hammer swings, and if nothing else rudely interrupt the brawl in progress, lol.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I don't consider it kill stealing if I'm on a team. That's what team work is for. Also, like someone said before, it's anarchy. :)

Neiteio

If the KW guage had no limit, I would just do Ai Rin's flying chuk twirl all day long. I like how it sounds like a lightsaber.

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah, I gotta play online tonight. Far too many SEGA games die out far too quickly online and they usually have unique gameplay you can only find in their games. :(

akaoni

Banned
Good games! I was a complete liability though, need to practice.

Don't be fooled! I'm just really good at mashing out those scrub tactics.

I've discovered certain characters that take me to whole new levels of it too, the amount of taunts im getting while using Big Bull... don't they realise it's only more delicious for me?

Thanks for the fun.
__

On a serious note; is there any kind of guides available that run through all the characters strengths/weakness and what to do during fights/matchups etc. While it's certainly looking to me like some characters are far above others, it won't determine who I play, I just want to know more precisely what I should be doing to exploit my characters strength - can't be a scrub my whole life. I'm kind of hoping a high level meta develops like SSB or something (p.s. that meta is not a pun), though they've made that difficult with no LAN play I guess.

EDIT: Extra note; switched to the English dub having spent the vast majority of game time with the Japanese dub. It fits very well, might stick with it from here on it. Was English intended to be the standard audio for the game? I can't remember if Max Anarchy defaulted to English or Japanese when I imported it. Did Madworld have a Japanese dub at all?

EDIT:
Hey aka, if you can read Japanese, I just found this wiki that has nice information on every character. Also, a while back, I thought someone on GAF mentioned a thread on SRK gathering info from back during MA's release, but I can't find it through Google.

Unfortunately I don't live up to the name. I said I would learn nihongo like 5 years ago now, and yet....

Thanks for the link, there's definitely some concise and useful tips in there if you run it through a translator and manage to decipher what is being said. Plus the damage tables are straightforward to understand. I can only hope someone who can speak the lingo will do a proper translation.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I gotta play online tonight. Far too many SEGA games die out far too quickly online and they usually have unique gameplay you can only find in their games. :(

OutRun & Sega Rally online communities. :(

*pours a 40*

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
On a serious note; is there any kind of guides available that run through all the characters strengths/weakness and what to do during fights/matchups etc. While it's certainly looking to me like some characters are far above others, it won't determine who I play, I just want to know more precisely what I should be doing to exploit my characters strength - can't be a scrub my whole life. I'm kind of hoping a high level meta develops like SSB or something (p.s. that meta is not a pun), though they've made that difficult with no LAN play I guess.

Hey aka, if you can read Japanese, I just found this wiki that has nice information on every character. Also, a while back, I thought someone on GAF mentioned a thread on SRK gathering info from back during MA's release, but I can't find it through Google.

Neiteio

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I have a hard time imagining this game's MP ever completely dying. The gameplay is just too unique. You can only shoot people in so many online FPS before you want to just get in there and clock someone up the head with a rocket-powered hammer.

This game is actually growing on me as I continue playing multiplayer. I just love finding ways of punishing 360 spamming Rin sisters.

Ethics Gradient; horkin; PS3

chrono01

After playing a bit of multiplayer last night [and generally coming in between 3-7 in Battle Royale], I've decided to practice combo's in training today [with Bayonetta, she's the fighter I've chosen to main, I don't care if she's over/under-powered, I like her as a character >:)] . Otherwise, it's way too common for a combo to be interrupted with a Spin Attack. The combo I'm planning on perfecting is an air juggle one, so that should help things considerably.

That being said, it's frantic as all hell, but I always have a great time. It's an incredible experience, win or lose.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That Battle Royale lobby is brutal. I got teamed on everywhere I went in the third match. I guess they didn't want a repeat of the second one. If it wasn't for that one kill they got I would have won the third one too.

I'm so glad you told me how good Douglas' dash attack was, I felt like I was missing something. Haha normally I would expect something like that in a game like this to be a bad idea his is totally dumb x.x/

Dave Long

Banned
Maybe I'm an optimist, but I have a hard time imagining this game's MP ever completely dying. The gameplay is just too unique. You can only shoot people in so many online FPS before you want to just get in there and clock someone up the head with a rocket-powered hammer.
All the good ones don't last. I loved The Club's Team Siege mode. That didn't last long. Chrome Hounds, Daytona, Sega Rally, Phantom Dust, OutRun... PD isn't a SEGA game but had former SEGA devs behind it.

It just seems like anything competitive that is NOT a first person shooter doesn't last online.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, as sad as it is, I can totally see this being another Chromehounds. =/ An amazing game that didn't get the audience it deserved because it wasn't a military FPS.

I do so hope I'm wrong, though.

Recall

Had to buy the soundtrack. Still sooooooo good. Didn't even know it was available to be fair, a little advert for it in the game box would have made me pick it up even sooner :)

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
It just seems like anything competitive that is NOT a first person shooter doesn't last online.

Actually, I'm happy to say that Gears of War 3 still has a decent community. And one of the best co-op games ever made, Lost Planet 2, has a very small, but dedicated, community.

This thread is picking up fast, I forget their name but to the member with the Binary Domain avatar, I just saw the cut scene at the end of chapter 3 you were talking about, really cool seeing the game go all MadWord, if only for a moment.

We only played a couple games akaoni but good stuff all the same. Oh and cheers for the tip on health recovery, was wondering why everyone else had more health than me.

For those just starting out online I reckon the smaller games are a good way to get a chance to try out the movesets, getting the hang of Mathilda's combos and killer weapon moves.

I certainly won't be dropping this game anytime and agree with others that its a shame unique MP games, particularly Sega games have died out in the past. Not gonna happen this time!

Dave Long

Banned
Yeah fighting games do terrible!.... oh shit wait nevermind
They're an exception, to an extent, because many people who are into fighting games play with friends or attend events to play them in a local multiplayer setting. They will also tell you this is the best way to play the game competitively. This is especially true of the games with poor or imperfect netcode.

akaoni

Banned
This thread is picking up fast, I forget their name but to the member with the Binary Domain avatar, I just saw the cut scene at the end of chapter 3 you were talking about, really cool seeing the game go all MadWord, if only for a moment.

We only played a couple games akaoni but good stuff all the same. Oh and cheers for the tip on health recovery, was wondering why everyone else had more health than me.

For those just starting out online I reckon the smaller games are a good way to get a chance to try out the movesets, getting the hang of Mathilda's combos and killer weapon moves.

I certainly won't be dropping this game anytime and agree with others that its a shame unique MP games, particularly Sega games have died out in the past. Not gonna happen this time!

Would you mind commenting on the health recovery? How does one do that?

I should've mentioned that I've yet to try it myself as I'm signing out, so it might be best if akaoni explains.

Eh? What's this health recovery malarky you guys are talking about?

Wow wow confusion here! It was just a simple scrubby rotation to help improve your gameplay in the early stages, it recovers Killer Weapon meter, not health. My fault for the lack of explanation I guess, it's always tempting to use broken English entering those messages on PSN (would the little keypad thing be worth buying). Sorry for the confusion. If you're having trouble getting on your feet, find a character with a reliable air(L2+Triangle), it costs 2 bars and can do some serious damage from nowhere if you do it above a group of players. Then what you want to do is build some meter like we're playing street fighter by spamming some square to build 2 bars over and over, this builds even if the opponent guards. Pick Big Bull and laugh as their health evaporates to 40% with 1 simple attack.

On that note it's worth mentioning that the game does have regenerating health and it doesn't stop within the vicinity of the battle, it only stops when you get hit. A good idea seems to be making use of throw/killer weapon animation invincibility to run the clock down for your health to start regenerating. You can add this to the jumping L2+triangle routine by picking a character that has an animation on hit. I think Baron has the best one because his does AoE damage to those around your target as well? <-- I think this is true at least, I've noticed my health regenerating while fighting many times.

Pro tips from your experienced scrub - answering your questions one at a time while asking a thousand. No Problem.

P.S. did anyone ever answer my question about breaking throws? I'm still not sure how it's done.

Edit:
Press throw when you get thrown

Thanks, I was under the impression that you had to mash every button like getting frozen/stunned etc.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Press throw when you get thrown

yeah

but I can understand why people get confused online about it.

I've broken throws with square and x as well

and have broken KW cutscene moves as if they were throws.(I'll take full damage from the cutscene, but after it's played out I'll get the throw break animation and get all that health back lol.)

So I think consistency of the rules is a definitely a problem online for whatever reason.

but yeah I think most players are consistent with pressing circle as soon as they see the cutscene start on their side. I've actually tried to get in the habit of sliding my finger over X to Circle just in case but I have no idea if that does any good

Roto13

Speaking of kill stealing, I played a few rounds of survival where one player's strategy was apparently to throw any enemy I happened to be pounding on so he'd get the points for the kill.

And since that's not very efficient, we ran out of time.

Teamwork!

Kazzy

Anybody got any advice on White side mission 3 (chapter 1) on hard? It just seems the AI ignores everything and destroys you, doesn't help that your partner is next to useless.

I have a hard time believing that those Afterglow headphones are one of GameStop's top sellers. Makes me question the legitimacy of that list.

Still, it'd be great if it were true!

When I worked at a local gamestore we couldn't keep Afterglow stuff on the shelves. It would come in and be gone within a couple of days.

So yeah, it rings true. Which is great for Anarchy Reigns... And Afterglow or something. ;)

Argyle

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I only now started paying attention to this game. Am I screwed as far as the pre-order dlc at this point? (As in, is there any way for me to get it, even if I just purchase it on PSN?)

(Hrm, nothing on PSN. If there's no way to get the dlc, I might just take it back unopened to the store, I hate that feeling of having a game with fundamental missing content.)

Dereck

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times, but I only now started paying attention to this game. Am I screwed as far as the pre-order dlc at this point? (As in, is there any way for me to get it, even if I just purchase it on PSN?)

(Hrm, nothing on PSN. If there's no way to get the dlc, I might just take it back unopened to the store, I hate that feeling of having a game with fundamental missing content.)
Not fundamental, though.

RangerBAD

I'm going to go play for a few hours if anyone wants to invite me or whatever. I may make a room for Team Deathmatch or Battle Royale. Hopefully I can get into the PG game!

Argyle

If you're in the EU, I can give you my code. Never played Bayonetta and don't really care about the DLC.

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm in the US.

I went back to the store and they said there was no way for them to hook me up with the preorder DLC, so back it went. Too bad this game was completely not on my radar until today, it sounds like I woulda liked it, but I'm not planning on re-buying it until I can either get the DLC (for example via purchase on the PSN store) or the game is steeply discounted.

So, can we safely assume there will be no post-release support for this game? I'm not even talking about new content, just a patch. The game has been out since last Summer in Japan, so I guess we are stuck with the poor online interface for good? The game is rad, but I'd love some bug fixes and streamlining.

Hell, I got stuck in the first offline mission:
GKAPk.jpg

Top Bottom