• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

RangerBAD

The part of matchmaking that I dislike is getting into a game with rank 50s or just high levels and then the other side is mainly made of people low in rank. It's like a no-brainer on who is going to win. The matchmaking makes no attempts to balance it or anything.

Roto13

The part of matchmaking that I dislike is getting into a game with rank 50s or just high levels and then the other side is mainly made of people low in rank. It's like a no-brainer on who is going to win. The matchmaking makes no attempts to balance it or anything.

Eh, player level is basically a measure of how long someone has been playing, not how good they are. I've been a lot better than plenty of level 50s and I'm currently only level 12.

RangerBAD

Eh, player level is basically a measure of how long someone has been playing, not how good they are. I've been a lot better than plenty of level 50s and I'm currently only level 12.

In my case they were good. :p Also, there are some pretty nice abilities they have opened up at that point.

Kard8p3

It has to be your end and how your internet connection is setup for your console.

Bleh.. my NAT type is moderate :/ how do i make it open? I wasn't having this problem at first, I did like.. 5 tag battles earlier today.

Also HOLY CRAP Durga and Garuda are hard..

Roto13

Just did a Mad Survival where a ton of Cybrid Joes showed up and didn't react to my blows. I certainly reacted to theirs, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So, kill-stealing in battle royales. Acceptable or not? 'Cause I think it's totally fine, the game's called Anarchy Reigns after all. But I've heard people bitching on mic about kill stealers a few times. :lol Far as I'm concerned, if you want the kill, you've gotta fight for it.

akaoni

Banned
So, kill-stealing in battle royales. Acceptable or not? 'Cause I think it's totally fine, the game's called Anarchy Reigns after all. But I've heard people bitching on mic about kill stealers a few times. :lol Far as I'm concerned, if you want the kill, you've gotta fight for it.

You're doing them a favour! Though from what I've gathered, killing the most people only matters at the start, then it should be a game of cat and mouse to chase after the people with top score, it's kind of like you steal their position because of the points gained/lost, at least that's what I noticed. Most people still haven't realised the importance of this and ignore the top scoring players, which pretty much means they can chill out even more and pick their battles as they see fit while they run the timer down.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm getting on. Although BRs are a little too chaotic for me.

Can't find it in either Ranked or Public. Assuming it filled.

wanders

How long do you guys wait for a Battle Royale on PS3? 30 min? I dont think I have played one yet sounds chaotic and amazing

Edit: ^^^ Found my answer lol

Finally got my copy, currently at Black Side stage 3, Hard mode. Considering playing Durga, Fei Rin and Max, none of which have been unlocked yet...

I'll hit online as soon as I unlock the characters I want

Continuity, ContinuityHive, xbox

Shizzlee

That Battle Royale lobby is brutal. I got teamed on everywhere I went in the third match. I guess they didn't want a repeat of the second one. If it wasn't for that one kill they got I would have won the third one too.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
I think I'd advise new people to avoid Battle Royale. I find it frustrating when someone is just juggling you and there's nothing you can do. At least in one of the Team modes, there is a chance your teammates are close by (as they should be if they know what they're doing) to help out.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah, I'm not too fond of Battle Royale either.

I'm sorry, this is a bit premature but the Baron alone has, for me, made this the game to beat for goty for 2013. Hyperbolic? Sure but the character is entertaining just the same.

"Ninja-fade-into-the-shadows" shit

My ninja.

We need to do 2v2 stuff, J.

Mubbed

Normally people who aren't very good complain about kill stealing. One person earlier was complaining on his mic about me stealing kills and sneaking up on him while he was fighting others. He ran off whenever we met in battle. The main issue would be the players who hit and run to maintain their top scores. Not because of the tactic itself as it is a viable strategy; the issue arises when half the players fail to understand the concept of attacking the players on top of the leaderboard. There's generally a good number of players who will actively target specific players based purely on grudge deaths from early on in the match rather than leaderboard position. I can have upwards of 3 players chasing me while I'm gunning for the top player who is actively avoiding me while the clock is ticking down.

Do I have to start a new game from the opposite side to unlock everything? Can it be solved with stage select? I just finished it on Hard but a couple of the stages on the other side are still blocked off. Is anything different besides reversing Jack and Leo's roles for the final stage?

Neiteio

That Battle Royale lobby is brutal. I got teamed on everywhere I went in the third match. I guess they didn't want a repeat of the second one. If it wasn't for that one kill they got I would have won the third one too.
Wait, were you the crazy Gargoyle user I kept hunting with my Bull?!

I was happy with how I did. Top 5 or 6 most times. I think I was second once?

Shizzlee

Wait, were you the crazy Gargoyle user I kept hunting with my Bull?!

I guess so lol.

I was happy with how I did. Top 5 or 6 most times. I think I was second once?

On the first one

jtHFPc9n0ktlD.png

I trolled it up with Max on the first one. The lobby was too good for that. After going 10-0 on the second one and ending it early, they made sure I didn't win again. :(

akaoni

Banned
So I was in a battle royale with two players around the top of the scores playing Baron who were both capable or 1 shotting me with a flame-uppercut attack - how is this even possible? I had to blink the first time it happened, but it ended up occuring 3-4 times, and it didn't seem to have any significant tell for being a 1 hit kill move. I would've guessed they were using using an ability or something, but only 1 ability would have a description to do that, and they didn't have anything attack based equipped.

Other random question, what exactly do you do with the PSN/XBL ID's in the OP, does everyone just spam add each other? What do you do when people stop playing etc? I'm not a console player so I don't quite geddit I guess.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I guess so lol.

On the first one

jtHFPc9n0ktlD.png

I trolled it up with Max on the first one. The lobby was too good for that. After going 10-0 on the second one and ending it early, they made sure I didn't win again. :(
Really liking the character variety on that screen. Haven't played much online outside of Survival and I was scared it'd be nothing but Bayonettas and Rin sisters.

Keasar

Starting to think I am gonna have to purchase a new copy. While I can go into Custom Games and search for matches in my region, I cant host them in any other region than Japan.

Other random question, what exactly do you do with the PSN/XBL ID's in the OP, does everyone just spam add each other? What do you do when people stop playing etc? I'm not a console player so I don't quite geddit I guess.

Spam usually until we have formed a spidery web of a friends network. Though I wish there was a faster way to add friends than having to manually add each one. Like having big guilds, groups or something you join and can see everyone in as friends.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Any 360 players actively playing (especially in Euroland), I'd like to get some games going but it seems like PS3 dominates fight gaf :(

That shit is my bread and butter.

akaoni

Banned
Spam usually until we have formed a spidery web of a friends network. Though I wish there was a faster way to add friends than having to manually add each one. Like having big guilds, groups or something you join and can see everyone in as friends.

Thanks. I'm just not used to how people organise/communicate as I sort of take Steam/Mumble/IRC etc etc for granted. It's a real shame they haven't implemented something akin to the Steam community groups, where you can freely create your group, have 1000's join and have a hop-in, hop-out chatroom, makes it easy to play together too.

akaoni; gingertree_; PS3

We getting our game on tomorrow. Www.platinumgames.com for details.

So is that tonight for the USA/early hours Europe?

T.O.P

Banned
I'm still waiting for Amazon to make the 360 version available again :(

i don't even know what their problem is actually

Kazzy

Might is right!

----------

And I'll be sure to buddy up with the rest of GAF when I take it online, though I really want to finish off the campaign first.

Picked this up on Sunday (360, UK).

I've only played through the tutorial and the first free mission so far.

Anyone got any words of wisdom for a newbie?

I kinda wanna play through the campaign before going balls deep in the multiplayer, but I did try a CPU only multiplayer and was getting thoroughly destroyed, lol.

bitoriginal

I think kill stealing is fine in the middle of huge battle, however if there's two dudes duking it out in the corner I tend to leave them to have a duel.

Me and this guy were fighting each other yesterday in a battle royale and a mutant spawned behind me. We stopped fighting each other, killed the mutant together and continued our duel. Kinda wish there was a bow emote or something so I could have thanked him for his manners.

Top Bottom