• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Himself

Just played some death ball where my team was getting our asses kicked so i just started fights instead. Got like 13 kills. It's was like a Flyers playoff game or something.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So, can we safely assume there will be no post-release support for this game? I'm not even talking about new content, just a patch. The game has been out since last Summer in Japan, so I guess we are stuck with the poor online interface for good? The game is rad, but I'd love some bug fixes and streamlining.

More than a safe bet that Platinum has moved on and Sega isn't sinking any more money into this release.

Argyle

You could still download it. So long as it's on the same machine, you'll be able to access it on your US account.

You sure? A lot of times European DLC only works with the European version of the game (because the product codes for DLC and the base game need to match, and between regions they are typically different, like BLUS-xxxxx vs. BLES-xxxxx).

You're correct that if I had a European copy of the game, and I had the DLC downloaded onto a European account, I could play and access the DLC while playing with my US account.

Kazzy

Has anyone actually tried this? Because I've never heard of European DLC working with a US version of a game.

That sounds about right. My mistake, I have a US account and actually own a European copy (because it comes with the DLC as standard), so I wasn't able to use it. I did download it on my original Euopean based PSN, though. It worked in the end. I had forgotten that it was my account that didn't match the region, rather than the game.

.You're correct that if I had a European copy of the game, and I had the DLC downloaded onto a European account, I could play and access the DLC while playing with my US account.

Exactly this. Apologies.

Argyle

That sounds about right. My mistake, I have a US account and actually own a European copy (because it comes with the DLC as standard), so I wasn't able to use it. I did download it on my original Euopean based PSN, though. It worked in the end. I had forgotten that it was my account that didn't match the region, rather than the game.

Exactly this. Apologies.

No worries, so the EU version of the game has the code in the box? I might just order one. Is there any store left that has reasonable shipping to the US? I used to order a fair number of games from the UK but lately it seems that just about all of the game stores there are about to go out of business :p

Kazzy

No worries, so the EU version of the game has the code in the box? I might just order one. Is there any store left that has reasonable shipping to the US? I used to order a fair number of games from the UK but lately it seems that just about all of the game stores there are about to go out of business :p

It is the "Limited Edition" which as far as I'm aware, is the only version. So it's pretty much a first-print thing, and lets face it, the only one!

Argyle

It is the "Limited Edition" which as far as I'm aware, is the only version. So it's pretty much a first-print thing, and lets face it, the only one!

Now if only Zavvi would take my money, as it turns out buying the game from them with the cheap international shipping is cheaper than me walking down the street and buying it from Gamestop anyway :p

Any other alternatives in case they never get their billing working? No idea why it won't take my credit card info or PayPal...

Edit: order placed, had to use a different card.

Is there a trick to breaking Cthulhu's shield quickly? And how do you avoid its spinning laser spread attack? Sometimes you can get close to it to dodge it, but it doesn't always seem to work.

Shizzlee

Pimping ain't easy.

j9rmzYahDKCuy.png

Well I guess FPS games aren't all that unique after all in terms of majority of the players being absolute morons. Played capture the flag, we lost the game, scored the 2nd highest number of points out of both teams because I was the only one capping the flag on our team.

Teknoman

Well I guess FPS games aren't all that unique after all in terms of majority of the players being absolute morons. Played capture the flag, we lost the game, scored the 2nd highest number of points out of both teams because I was the only one capping the flag on our team.

People just act dumb in objective games these days. Last time I played a game where people actually played to complete objectives were Team Fortress 2, Gears 3, and Lost Planet 1.

Every other game, people just take it as another deathmatch...whereas it would be so much more fun if everyone was attacking/defending as necessary. I guess Battlefield 3 counts too.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Felt really lost in that Death Ball match, especially with the Super Star shots. Hoping I get into a TDM round.

Top Bottom