• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Teknoman

Felt really lost in that Death Ball match, especially with the Super Star shots. Hoping I get into a TDM round.

Super star shots can be caught if positioned right. You have to do a button mash game to intercept. Also sometimes it pays to just act like a quarterback if you're first to the ball. And dont be afraid to pass if you can/dont just get into local battles.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Super star shots can be caught if positioned right. You have to do a button mash game to intercept. Also sometimes it pays to just act like a quarterback if you're first to the ball. And dont be afraid to pass if you can/dont just get into local battles.

Thanks for the tip, I approached the ball twice but both times, it just zapped me. I dunno if it was my connection or approaching from the wrong angle. Couldn't get into the Death Ball match just now though, shame.

Shizzlee

Thanks for the tip, I approached the ball twice but both times, it just zapped me. I dunno if it was my connection or approaching from the wrong angle. Couldn't get into the Death Ball match just now though, shame.

Your character has to match the element of the shot.

I will not lie, I loved the results from that CTF, even if it ended with a tie.

...OHSNAP, They read my question about maybe getting some Play Arts Kai figures...it may be considered, YES!

Holy shit, not a single match tonight without amazing amounts of lag. Took one game 5 seconds to decide that it was over after the final kill, where it just glitched out all over the place before the the announcement came up. Trying to play this shit makes me want to murder some one.

Kyouji

That last BR was fun cause I wasn't getting spanked by everyone, haha.

JP, could you please spare a poor, beat up Ai Rin a DLC code for the sake of Mad Survival?

I went and bought the DLC on jPSN to see if it'd work on the US version, haha. It doesn't!

Oh. Did you press O? You should have caught it if you did...

Uh, oops. That might've been it. I probably didn't hit O. Thanks for clearing that up!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Won that last one by the skin of my teeth :/

Playing smart and targeting point leader pays off tho

deim0s

That last BR was fun cause I wasn't getting spanked by everyone, haha.

JP, could you please spare a poor, beat up Ai Rin a DLC code for the sake of Mad Survival?

I went and bought the DLC on jPSN to see if it'd work on the US version, haha. It doesn't!

Uh, oops. That might've been it. I probably didn't hit O. Thanks for clearing that up!

Glad to know that the DLC is region locked, was thinking about it too.

Kyouji

Just had some really great TDM matches with professa_k and Kincaido. We ran into some assholes who abused the infinite evading and some crazy lagger that warped around to throw us, but for the most part, it was super fun. Closed the night with a few rounds of Survival and beating up Cyber ******. Good times!

jg4xchamp

Been messing with the solo play, because MP is hit or miss for me. Sometimes I end up in some fun matches, other times I have people who quit. I can't do tag matches. Suck too much, and don't have anyone I consistently can play with to coordinate correctly.

The solo play is decent enough. It's a little padded considering I essentially feel like I'm going through the game twice on my initial playthrough, but it's fun. Not nearly as over the top funny as Bayonetta/Vanquish can get though.

Sasha has been my main in mp, might switch it up though now that I got some unlocks.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
so is there a penalty for dropping out of the game?

nah

but there's no penalty for losing either, so you don't see rage quitting much outside of sweeps like when one team is losing like 18-1 in TDM or something. and I mean by that point it doesn't even matter.

Doesn't deny you rank up points at the end either.

Rage quitters aren't a big problem in this game at all. I don't think anyone takes it that seriously.

Majukun

tried the game a bit.

on single player:i've started on hard difficulty because i remembered the demo being too easy,and dame if it's hard...the normal enemies are pretty easy but the boss are hard,i had to repeat the battle against durga 4 or 5 times before finally managing to beat him.

on multiplayer:disappointed by the netcode....in a game like this that should be the first concern of the developer ,instead lag is the norm,and when even on 1 vs 1 you get problems,like grabs that are dodged or nowhere near enough to connect but they still do somehow it's a bit frustrating.

when it's good,it's really good..i've made some battles durga vs bayonetta that were all really close and it was pretty amazing,but that just add disappointment to the fact that it is not the norm

plus,on my zone find a match is pretty complicated..too few players

oh and bayonetta is overpowered

Kazzy

tried the game a bit.

on single player:i've started on hard difficulty because i remembered the demo being too easy,and dame if it's hard...the normal enemies are pretty easy but the boss are hard,i had to repeat the battle against durga 4 or 5 times before finally managing to beat him.

I hope you are prepared for story mission 3, which is just an exercise in frustration. I toiled at it for about an hour yesterday, before finally finishing it (and getting a platinum!). Not that I can profess any great skill at actually achieving that, though, as it just felt like I had successfully learnt how to exploit what was a broken and unfair design.

but there's no penalty for losing either, so you don't see rage quitting much outside of sweeps like when one team is losing like 18-1 in TDM or something. and I mean by that point it doesn't even matter.
I was more talking about my self rage quitting lol. After getting teleported into a third throw animation, I kind of want to stop playing the game for a bit haha.

Good games last night. Also, the training/practice mode really opened my eyes to some combos and killer moves I knew nothing about.
yeah the killer moves that take almost half the enemy's life when they connect lol

Is there anyway to keep the move/combo list visible in practice training mode? Its pretty hard to use as-is because it disappears so quick and the button to make it visible is also used to scroll the list. :(

kiyomi

Is there anyway to keep the move/combo list visible in practice training mode? Its pretty hard to use as-is because it disappears so quick and the button to make it visible is also used to scroll the list. :(

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I've never seen it disappear? Or do you just mean specific combos?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but I've never seen it disappear? Or do you just mean specific combos?

I am referring to the mode/screen where you can set bots and practice fighting.

The move and combo list shows when you press down on the D-pad but for me it does not stay visible. It disappears after a few seconds. You can press down to make it visible again but it scrolls to the next item and then disappears after a second or two.

Its not like lets say Bayonetta where the move/combo list stays visible.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I was more talking about my self rage quitting lol. After getting teleported into a third throw animation, I kind of want to stop playing the game for a bit haha.

oh haha

no shame in it. I've done it a few times myself

Rather spend the next 6 minutes looking for a new game than in a deathball lobby I mistakenly joined vs dudes premade with mics.

oh haha

no shame in it. I've done it a few times myself

Rather spend the next 6 minutes looking for a new game than in a deathball lobby I mistakenly joined vs dudes premade with mics.

I swear it is the same group of guys that sit there waiting for the lobby to fill up with newbs vs their level 30+ team w/mics, and planned elemental coverage. And they wonder why people join and leave.

Kazzy

Just finished Black side > White side campaign, and it was fairly enjoyable. Max is such a good character, enjoyed any cut scene where he was involved. In comparison, Leo and the subsequent second half kind of fell flat with his absence.
And Leo is nowhere near as fun to play as.

This game gives me a desire to play a genuine open-world game by Platinum.

Just finished White Side campaign - had a lot of fun with it, about to get into multi. Seriously, game feels like is straight out of late-Dreamcast era. I'm DrAndonuts on PSN, if you'd want to add me.

kunonabi

Can Max's launcher punish 360 attacks? I keep getting it blocked or 360ed right back. Does he have anything that causes guardbreak or stagger? It happens to me constantly but I've yet to break anyone's guard myself.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
started playing gargoyle today

never realized how good his jKWL was. The tracking is so good on it

Top Bottom