• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

any tips with max? I can't seem to do shit with him.

Maybe I've just been playing shit players because I've been doing pretty well against most players with Max. I've had some trouble with the Rin sisters, but then again who doesn't?

His step combo is really good for baiting 360 and people who love pressing buttons, if you land one successfully you get a full launcher combo. You can cancel the step combo with a block so you don't get too predictable, I feel that people can probably throw your step combo, but I haven't tested yet.

You can throw out the counter if people try to chase down your step combo with lunge attacks, if you get a counter you get a full KW combo as well. You can even counter wake-up attack, threaten people enough with that and you can start throwing people on their wake-ups. Cancel your counter with a block and dodge to stay unpredictable.

d0c_zaius

Unfortunately no, you need to go to campaign > new and pick the other side first. I had to do this to unlock the final ability I needed because your campaign choice determines the other character that will miss Bari Shur (desert) as a proper map I think. Of course once you reach them you're free to pick them all at any time with stage select.

damn thats kinda a bummer. oh well, no big deal. thanks for the info!

kunonabi

Maybe I've just been playing shit players because I've been doing pretty well against most players with Max. I've had some trouble with the Rin sisters, but then again who doesn't?

His step combo is really good for baiting 360 and people who love pressing buttons, if you land one successfully you get a full launcher combo. You can cancel the step combo with a block so you don't get too predictable, I feel that people can probably throw your step combo, but I haven't tested yet.

You can throw out the counter if people try to chase down your step combo with lunge attacks, if you get a counter you get a full KW combo as well. You can even counter wake-up attack, threaten people enough with that and you can start throwing people on their wake-ups. Cancel your counter with a block and dodge to stay unpredictable.

The bolded will help immensely. Does he have anything else you can cancel into block or jump?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I know of, I don't think anyone can legitimately jump cancel other than Rin sisters

a few characters and J.C their lean attacks. (Sasha, Mathilda and Garuda off the top of my head)

but yeah being able to J.C just about anything they do is what makes the Rins so dangerous. Especially in cage match since they can follow it up with an air move that leaves them plus on block.

Had a ton of games with DECOY-LDN and a few with Edgeypoo, was great stuff besides the JP hosted battle royale lag.

Yep, connection was wonky, but it's almost always been like that in the two days I've played. Maybe I'm a little too used to it.

Anyway, I don't remember if you were still there (I think you weren't ><) but... I freaking won a 16 player battle royale with Baron, and it was almost the first time I played with him (didn't really feel it in the demo) and BAM I fucking won.

Dat KWH.

akaoni

Banned
Yep, connection was wonky, but it's almost always been like that in the two days I've played. Maybe I'm a little too used to it.

Anyway, I don't remember if you were still there (I think you weren't ><) but... I freaking won a 16 player battle royale with Baron, and it was almost the first time I played with him (didn't really feel it in the demo) and BAM I fucking won.

Dat KWH.

Haha, I left with DECOY because we had been there a few games and the lobby was 1 bar quality, sadly we missed it. I hosted a lobby after and sent you an invite but you could've missed it, I know I miss PSN invites all the time because they appear so obscurely in the top right like a regular online/offline notification. I don't really want to rain on your parade, but there's a 'bug' with Baron that's apparantly online only (I did try it in training room before but can't remember if it was working there too) which makes his KWH do more damage than it should because of lag, doing 1HKO on certain characters - it's the flaming uppercut move he does which makes him arguably one of the strongest characters to play.

kiyomi

Blegh, the game turns into stupid mode once rampage mode is activated in most matches, especially tag.

Sorry for that tag game, I... well.. you saw.

I also absolutely hate the button mashing when two players are going rampage-to-rampage. I haven't won a single one yet.

Anyways, good cage fights!

Man, the online is already kind of depressing. It takes forever for rooms to fill up, and nothing in-game is as rageworthy as when you wait thirty minutes to get seven people for a team deathmatch only to get booted. I've never had any issues with the netcode in-game, though.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Really starting to appreciate this game for what it is. I've been playing a lot of games lately like Skyrim that really require you to sit down and play for a bit before you get into any action. Being able to fire this up and just start beating the crap out of everything is a lot of fun.

Finished up black side last night and now I'm startin to work on the white side. I like how they did the transition from one to the other.

Still haven't touched multiplayer yet :S

Blegh, the game turns into stupid mode once rampage mode is activated in most matches, especially tag.

I would have won a battle royal earlier if my finger didn't slip on the guide button when I started to mash. Really wish the was a way to turn rampage off, also I wish you could kick people in lobbies so people who are happy to spend 30 minutes loading when it's obviously never going to happen couldn't ruin your chances of starting a battle royal.

Riposte

Finally back to this. Just reached the second part/world/stage w/e on Max's campaign. Game is pretty cool so far, don't I don't quite like the grunt enemies. They seem to be getting more health, but not really that interesting. That said, I got 100 kills then it started to rain and a whole bunch giant monsters with hammers backed by drones showed up. I got the hell out of there.

PSN was down, but I'm going to be playing multiplayer a lot tonight. Which modes do you guys frequent?

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
PSN was down, but I'm going to be playing multiplayer a lot tonight. Which modes do you guys frequent?

We're playing right now if you want to join us. Add Pak38 and gingertree_ and message us for an invite or join us in the IRC channel on EsperNet at #gafanarchy.

Tomat

Does Bayonetta count towards the Unlock All Characters achievement? It could be a bug too, or maybe I really am missing someone.

I finished Black and White side campaigns and I'm fairly certain I have unlocked all of the characters but I never got the achievement. Am I missing something?

Does Bayonetta count towards the Unlock All Characters achievement? It could be a bug too, or maybe I really am missing someone.

I finished Black and White side campaigns and I'm fairly certain I have unlocked all of the characters but I never got the achievement. Am I missing something?

There is a secret character. You have to beat both Red sides to unlock him.

Neiteio

Do you have Gargoyle? Complete Red side of campaign (ask someone else how that works) or reach Rank 22 in multiplayer (which is how I did it).

kiyomi

You need to go back through it starting on the side you didn't start on before, I believe, and play through that red side.

Bayonetta doesn't count.

Tomat

There is a secret character. You have to beat both Red sides to unlock him.

Do you have Gargoyle? Complete Red side of campaign (ask someone else how that works) or reach Rank 22 in multiplayer (which is how I did it).

You need to go back through it starting on the side you didn't start on before, I believe. Not completely sure though.

Bayonetta doesn't count.

Ohh Gargoyle, thanks. I thought Garuda was the "secret" character for some reason.

Tomat

So what are the odds of getting a decent 360 lobby going tonight?

kiyomi

I'm wondering whether I should redeem my DLC just for Mad Survival, I had completely forgotten there was a game mode in there! I was just going to offer it around again but now I'm not so sure. Is it just a wave based thing?

I'm wondering whether I should redeem my DLC just for Mad Survival, I had completely forgotten there was a game mode in there! I was just going to offer it around again but now I'm not so sure. Is it just a wave based thing?
It's like Survival, but with boss characters instead of minions(and usually 3+ each round). Each team of bosses is usually some sort of theme, like robots or curvy women or something. Do it! Nice avatar, btw.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
We had some "interesting" fights against a Bayonetta player tonight in Team Battle. Then we beat up on another flowchart Bayo in TDM, and he started avoiding our room.

Bayonetta Must Die.

Last post about this. Pinky swear.

RNdaN.png

We're doing a GAF-only giveaway for a US copy of Anarchy Reigns + its Bayonetta and modes DLC in the Gamesies Ep5 thread. Just check out our newest episode (it's a video), and tell us what you think in the thread. It's open to everyone in the world, ends on Tuesday 1/22. Here's the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507882

Riposte

I did the Gargoyle mission in Max's 2nd chapter (hard). Its really good, but also really frustrating. I can see how this campaign is going to be a lot of fun, but also piss me off a lot lol. Here are things that bugged me:

1. Turret part: Is there a way to prevent taking damage here? It almost seems luck based. I was using a shield, but without it I would have had a pretty troublesome time.

2. Damn, one fuck up in a fight with these guys and that's like more than half the life bar if they juggle you (mainly if they do what think is their killer weapon+hold triangle move). At least they really woke me up and made me a better player. I was killing myself trying to beat this mission with no deaths (since you need to redo the turret part each time). Almost miraculously, I got it down to the last guy, then he killed from a charging grab he started while hiding in the water. At that point I was like "fuck it" and beat it with that death (though I almost died again lol).

3. The shock mine or w/e kind of useless? CPUs mash out of that crazy fast. I'm going to stop trying to hit a Killer Weapon+Triangle with it.

Last post about this. Pinky swear.

RNdaN.png

We're doing a GAF-only giveaway for a US copy of Anarchy Reigns + its Bayonetta and modes DLC in the Gamesies Ep5 thread. Just check out our newest episode (it's a video), and tell us what you think in the thread. It's open to everyone in the world, ends on Tuesday 1/22. Here's the thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=507882

I think most people in this thread already have copy and might not want to snatch it from others, lol.

Tomat

Kinda bummed they didn't include the jazzy tune from the main menu in the OST.

RedSwirl

So is the multiplayer the main core of this game?

Edit: So is this like the successor to MadWorld? Because I loved MadWorld (as well as God Hand). I'm only a few missions into Leo's game, so according to the Eurogamer review it hasn't gotten really crazy yet.

Riposte

Mad Survival is mad fun. I think it might be way better than normal Survival though I've only done the latter once. One thing though... what the hell do you do when you draw "King of Kings?" Those bartender robots are absurd, lol. I mean we actually cleared it once, but I really couldn't tell you why. What is there weakness? Is it attacking them from behind (that worked really well... once)?

So is the multiplayer the main core of this game?

Edit: So is this like the successor to MadWorld? Because I loved MadWorld (as well as God Hand). I'm only a few missions into Leo's game, so according to the Eurogamer review it hasn't gotten really crazy yet.

From what I've seen so far the single player is meaty. Multiplayer is arguably the "core", but I just did a mission where I raced around a track on a vehicle and there is a multiplayer mode based on throwing a bad into a goal... the game is not afraid to stray from its core.

Top Bottom