• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android 5.0 Lollipop announced

DrFurbs

So my screen discharged over night at a rate of 75%.

Jesus what the actual fuck? I had 70% battery and not I'm charging it as I wake up.

Drifters

Said it in the Android thread but I'll say it here too... Run down your battery on the phone or tablet till it powers off. Charge it over night and behold the power if Volta!

Replaced with dat saturation drop.

nexus2cee_slow_thumb.gif

What is this calendar widget? Is this what the official 5.0 widget looks like on a tablet?

Sch1sm

What is this calendar widget? Is this what the official 5.0 widget looks like on a tablet?

Must be. Looks nothing like that on my N5 even when expanded to fit an entire page. It gives me a day/agenda view, but I can scroll through the whole month of November onward.

E: but you could've gotten that by just looking at how many things are in the favourites tray.

Laekon

Still waiting for the update on my Nexus 5. Anyone know if there is any Google Now improvements? It's my favorite Android feature but some things need work. The worst for me is the weather. The temperature is close but the wind is not even close. I'm a cyclist and my apartment is fairly sheltered from the wind. Google Now is showing no wind but I just got back from a painful ride in gust over 20 mph.

ZeroRay

Check for updates -> last checked 1:47PM. "Hmm, only been less than 40 mins, ah what the hell"

Android 5.0 System Update

Woo!

Aiii

So not worth it
It looks nice to me IMO. It complements the saturated look of 5.0.
I can see why they did it. Material design is all about the paper aesthetic, so it doesn't really make sense to have your stack of papers turn off like an old TV.

But it also doesn't make sense to have your papers desaturate and fade into black.

Arjen

Oh, just make sure to unlink any authenticators you might have like Google Auth or Battle.net Auth, in case anything goes wrong.

Yeahhhh I have no idea what that means. I think know it's better if I just patiently wait for the ota.

Trouble

Banned
Wow this performs like dogshit on my Nexus 10. :(

It wasn't exactly speedy before, but everything just lags badly now.

Edit: I think it's specifically input lag. I can stream video and such without any problems.

Ty4on

Woohoo!
avDImDM.png

Don't worry if you don't have it. It is random and we're the guinea pigs :p

From what a dev said on Reddit 1% got it the first week and then 25% the next.

Druz

I can see why they did it. Material design is all about the paper aesthetic, so it doesn't really make sense to have your stack of papers turn off like an old TV.

But it also doesn't make sense to have your papers desaturate and fade into black.

Makes your screen flash white when turning off. CRT effect looks cool for a few weeks but sounds like a waste of battery.

ScOULaris

So I noticed on my wife's Nexus 5 running Lollipop that there is a "Voicemail" tab under the Call History section of the new phone app. It doesn't show any of her voicemails, though.

I have seen NO mention of this anywhere online, ever. What is this supposed to be? Are they planning on eventually flipping the switch on baked-in visual voicemail for the phone app and entering the 21st century?

Kssio_Aug

Why are people talking about none/priority as silent mode substitute?
You can just turn volume down to minimum or click on the bell to set it to vibrate or silent mode.

What I didnt like is... wheres my old gallery?? I liked that much more then the new photo app.

Swig_

I have a Nexus 5, before the update, I could hold down the lock button and it would allow me to change between Sound, Vibrate Only and Silent. This is gone now and there's only a Power Off button in it's place. Is there a way to get that back or an easier way to do what I could do quickly before? Now I'm having to go into settings and move sliders, which is really unreasonable.

kris.

Banned
So many people getting their updates! Even someone on AT&T! Mine must have come!

*brb checking*

"Your system is up to date."

FUCKING LIAR.

Top Bottom