• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

A few people in this thread recommended Fiz, so I picked it up on a whim. You guys. YOU GUYS. Fantastic tycoon-style sim. I can't recommend it enough, even if you hate beer and breweries. Feels just as deep, if not deeper, than the last tycoon game I played, Game Dev Tycoon, so you know there's a lot going on here. About the only thing that's sub-optimal is that while you CAN just play for five or ten minutes at a time (the game has the best suspend/auto-save feature I've ever seen), you'll want to play for longer stretches to feel like you're making real progress. Oh, and the end gets a little weird with the pacing, the events could've come in a little faster. But otherwise it's great, well worth the two bucks I spent on it.

Tried Terreria on my Nexus 4 and... It just doesn't control in a very fun way. I enjoyed it on PC but don't think I'll get more than an hour into it on mobile.

Also, how is there no Peggle for Android? What the fuck?

So how good/bad are the controls in Deus Ex?

For the record I hated the controls in one of the Modern Combat games, though Deus Ex games can be played pretty slow so I guess that wouldn't be a problem.

Also, how is there no Peggle for Android? What the fuck?

I think for a while Popcap was pretty against the Android platform because of piracy concerns. That's always what I heard the reason for it not having Peggle, Bejeweled, and why Plants vs. Zombies 1 took years to get updates that made it up to par with the iOS version (which only happened when it added the microtransaction stuff to it).

First thing I did when I got an iPad Mini recently was pick up Peggle and it's so great to have that on a mobile device. Wish I could have it on my Android phone too. :mad:

Benedict

Having trouble with my nexus. Everytime I try to enter the Play Store or use the Gmail-app they crash.
Tried doing it in Safe Mode and still the same.

Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of a good online multiplayer Snooker game? Total Snooker is great but it's offline only which gets boring. I have Pool Tour Live which is great for Pool, but I can't seem to find a similar app for Snooker.

Amazon's Free App Of The Day today is Star Command:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FG1Q5J8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I guess if you missed the Humble Bundle it was in, now's your best chance to grab it.

And to crosspost with the Apps thread
Amazon Appstore's giving away a bunch of travel-related paid apps today:
http://www.amazon.com/s/hidden-keyw...G|B008K8HLOC|B004UB9SKS|B00D0SEGMC|B008RJFRTK

- Weather Ex
- Weather Live
- OsmAnd+ Maps & Navigation
- MapsWithMe Pro, Offline Maps
- Rain Alarm OSM Pro
- Travel Interpreter

Don't know if they're any good, but some of them normally cost $4-$10, so they might be worth checking out since they're free.

jvm

Gamasutra.
For anyone who can stand it, EA released Dungeon Keeper (yes, THAT dungeon keeper) as a FTP game for android. A cursory glance through the reviews revealed it reeks of IAP's and apparently they shove that fact down your throat. I refuse to download it, so I can't give a personal opinion but I figured someone on GAF might care.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.dungeonkeeper_na
Coming to this thread immediately after the disappointing information in the Ace Combat Infinity Beta thread, where F2P IAP are looking like they'll ruin another classic game ... it really feels like the industry has made a wrong turn. :(

Yeah, man. Android gaming moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around sometimes, you could miss it.

What am I saying?!
Hahaha, yeah. I used to check the amazon App Store everyday, but they so rarely have apps or games I want that I stopped checking it regularly.

Then randomly there's something I want that I miss out on!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of a good online multiplayer Snooker game? Total Snooker is great but it's offline only which gets boring. I have Pool Tour Live which is great for Pool, but I can't seem to find a similar app for Snooker.

Just quoting myself. I spoke with the developer of Total Snooker and he is adding online play in an upcoming patch so that will sort me right out.

soultron

Banned
Here's a link to Mortar Combat since I forgot to post one last time! :)

Absolutely no IAP (at the moment, at least) and very fun to pick up and play. The AI and weapons still need a bit of work, but this is a game I'd definitely pay for once it's out of beta.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Here's a link to Mortar Combat since I forgot to post one last time! :)

Absolutely no IAP (at the moment, at least) and very fun to pick up and play. The AI and weapons still need a bit of work, but this is a game I'd definitely pay for once it's out of beta.

Holy shit it is Scorched Earth come back to life!

Today's free amazon app of the day is "Puzzle-Pix: Wildlife", which is a Picross game. I didn't play it yet, so I don't know how well it controls, but it's free, so it should be worth a try.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Today's free amazon app of the day is "Puzzle-Pix: Wildlife", which is a Picross game. I didn't play it yet, so I don't know how well it controls, but it's free, so it should be worth a try.

Wish I could get the free Amazon games, but it's US only right? Didn't work last time I tried at least (I managed to "get it" on the site, but then it never showed up in the app on my phone).

mclem

Wish I could get the free Amazon games, but it's US only right? Didn't work last time I tried at least (I managed to "get it" on the site, but then it never showed up in the app on my phone).

Amazon UK also runs the same service, although the free apps sometimes diverge from one another. Dunno if that'll work in Sweden, but it's got more of a chance of doing so than the US one!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/mobile-apps...d_t=1401&pf_rd_p=457264727&pf_rd_i=1000501923 is the UK appstore.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Can someone recommend an android game that can be played competitively or cooperatively over local WIFI, between two android devices (Samsung Note 3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab)?

My GF and I want to play some games together.

Thanks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
iOS game Shardlands has hit Google Play.

Google Play

Free With Ads or $2.99 IAP to unlock the game without any BS

-Clr9figNIiMC6a5jFqu77fwInhoLS4RnOl_Qhhu3lxScK4AKJ5ZHrGY6samsHcl7PA
SM03U7QHkI-0hDEzJcuubCQh3m3LxRFnWJ9sm_jb6zRsTLGqVxGYCN39wiAnDDINCw

Do we know from iOS land if this game is actually good or not?!?!?

Crazy Taxi is $0.99 on the Play Store. Is it normally that price? Considering jumping in at that price for my Nexus 4. Anyone have experience with it?

Qvoth

Played it for a good hour. It's a bit disappointing.
Not saying the puzzle gameplay of PAD is better, but the board system is a bit dull.
They've nailed the art and graphics though (no surprise).

i think i'm just too stupid to play PAD so i wasn't that interested in it
currently playing this and thousand memories

Top Bottom