• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

reKon

Banned
TBH, I probably would have never bought/played the walking dead games if it didn't come to Android because I have too big of a backlog on my PS3/PS4. I think that these games will work perfectly for Android.

Doczu

TBH, I probably would have never bought/played the walking dead games if it didn't come to Android because I have too big of a backlog on my PS3/PS4. I think that these games will work perfectly for Android.

They play like a charm on mobile. But don't buy them if you want to transfer your decisions to the next season. I asked if they'll put the second season out soon, because it's a (big) pain in the ass to keep the game on my Nexus. Is there a way to rip the save? Id really like to have more free memory than hold a game for a year waiting for the sequel...

-Winnie-

Hi GAF!

The game that I worked on came out on Google Play recently, so I thought I'd share!

FKbpXLW.png
GkMgMom.png

It's an endless runner mashed with a falling puzzle game (think Tetris). Control your runner on the left of the screen, and control blocks that come in from the right side of the screen to make platforms to run on!

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh4dHhNkDyw

I'd really appreciate if you guys could give the game a play and a nice big rating if you think it deserves it. ;)

We've got a Lite version and the full version which is 50% off for a limited time for $0.99! The game supports both Android phones and tablets.

Links:
Full: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SamuraiPunk.Hazumino
Lite: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SamuraiPunk.HazuminoLite

Hope you enjoy, any and all feedback is welcomed! :D

Prototype

Subbed.

Happy to finally be able to enjoy mobile games!
EDIT:
was going to get After Years but FF4 is on sale for 50% off and After Years is 15.99... lol so i bought 4 and will play through that first then hopefully pick up after years at some point through the game when it's on sale too.

I think at this point I've bought FF4 on every system under the sun, SNES, PSone, PSP, PSN, GBA, DS and now Android.

Rembrandt

Banned
Been playing Noir Syndrome recently. It's a detective game where you have to find clues, ask questions and try to stop the murders. The murderer is randomly generated, so it's never the same person. There are three difficulty modes, although I've been playing on normal so far. It's pretty fun, I robbed the mobsters and shot some, so they came after me, lol. All in all, not bad for $3 or free thanks to those google surveys.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glassknuckle.noirsyndrome

MattDoza

Been playing Noir Syndrome recently. It's a detective game where you have to find clues, ask questions and try to stop the murders. The murderer is randomly generated, so it's never the same person. There are three difficulty modes, although I've been playing on normal so far. It's pretty fun, I robbed the mobsters and shot some, so they came after me, lol. All in all, not bad for $3 or free thanks to those google surveys.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glassknuckle.noirsyndrome

For some reason I was reminded of Don't Shit Your Pants. LOL! I don't know why...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Game Dev Story was going for around £1 the other day so I picked it up. So freakin' addictive.

When I played it on iPhone a long while back, I remember playing it to "completion" in a day. Amazingly good game. However, I'm not sure if I'd enjoy the other titles by the dev because I'm worried they'd feel too "samey".

any recommendations on good tcg/ccg games?

Shadow Era is pretty rad, but it's not self-contained like Yu-gi-oh or Pokemon TCG video games were. I think you'd need to buy packs and such with real money.

Monument Valley is beautiful; and while it's not hard, being more about understated environmental and ludic storytelling than challenge, I really enjoyed the brief time I spent with it.

paolo11

Not sure if this has been answered but...

Question about these free to play games. Can you still play these games if you lost Internet connection?

It's a case by case thing I'd imagine. I know you can play Candy Crush offline for example, but I recall trying The Simpsons Tapped Out and always needing a connection.

louiedog

The Amazon Appstore, at least in the US, is offering 2000 Coins ($20 worth) for purchasing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for $6.99. If you already have 699 or more Amazon Coins or enough App credit doing this is a no-brainer. Even if you don't, and will buy Amazon apps, it's a great deal.

Google has announced that PayPal is now a payment option for Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, the US, and the UK.

info

The Amazon Appstore, at least in the US, is offering 2000 Coins ($20 worth) for purchasing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for $6.99. If you already have 699 or more Amazon Coins or enough App credit doing this is a no-brainer. Even if you don't, and will buy Amazon apps, it's a great deal.

Also worth noting that Amazon MP3 is running a promo where if you buy a song (even a 69-cent song), you get a $3 credit for the Appstore. It won't help if you plan to buy GTASA with coins, but it does help if you plan to buy it with cash.

louiedog

Also worth noting that Amazon MP3 is running a promo where if you buy a song (even a 69-cent song), you get a $3 credit for the Appstore. It won't help if you plan to buy GTASA with coins, but it does help if you plan to buy it with cash.

I should have mentioned that. I actually converted some of my mp3 credit to app credit the other day. Today I was 45 coins short of GTA:SA so I used that credit to buy an app that came with free coins. If anyone else is in the same position and wants to convert the $3 app credit to coins, at the bottom of the filters on the left side of the Amazon search there's an option to check a box to only show apps that give credit back.

Tony who used to run the Amazon PC download deals is now working on Amazon Coins and we seem to have him to thank for this.

Google has announced that PayPal is now a payment option for Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, the US, and the UK.

info

If you plan on spending a penny more than $7 on the Amazon app store this is the biggest no brainer of the century.

I happened to randomly have a $1 MP3 credit on my amazon account ... so I took advantage of this promo, and ended up getting $3 off the $6.99. Amazing deal.

Paid $4 for $16 credit and got San Andreas free ... which should load up nicely on my Shield. Thinking of taking their advice and snagging the first two to load up on my shield and maybe Minecraft PE. Any recomendations for paid apps around $10 that are must-have?

SlickDeals shows a way where you can get the $3 for free.

Basically:

1) Buy/rent a TV show to get $1 MP3 credit. The free "Season 24 Preview" will give you the credit without you paying anything. (There are other free things you can "buy," too.) After "buying" it, you will receive an email saying you have the credit.

2) Buy a qualifying album to get $3 MP3 and Appstore credit. I know for a fact that this $.99 album works, but the post I quoted recommends buying a 69 cent song. Just like in step 1, you will get an email showing your added credit.

Phinor

Summoner Wars is finally out. Base game is free, extra factions are IAP, cross-platform play, etc.

Doesn't work on my stupid Mali GPU yet :(

4 different Android devices from 2012-2013, Summoner Wars is incompatible with all of them. I don't know what I was expecting considering how fragmented the platform is. Mali GPU support coming later, I guess all my devices have different types of Mali GPUs.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Each one of the 10 free apps of the day on the UK store gives you 100 free coins right now. £10 (1000) coins of appstore credit for nothing.You can then spend 499 of those coins on San Andreas and get another 2000 coins. Insane.

edit - 9 free apps of the day, not 10. I still ended up with ~2600 free coins though.

Each one of the 10 free apps of the day on the UK store gives you 100 free coins right now. £10 (1000) coins of appstore credit for nothing.You can then spend 499 of those coins on San Andreas and get another 2000 coins. Insane.

edit - 9 free apps of the day, not 10. I still ended up with ~2600 free coins though.

The deal's now up on the US Appstore:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=Photogr...EJRK|B005J0VPNC&rh=i:mobile-apps,n:2350149011

It's a pretty great deal. "Buy" these 9 Free apps to get up to 900 coins for free, and use 699 of those coins to get GTA: SA and the 2000 coins. Oh, and it turns out that the $3 promotion can be applied when you use coins (My receipt e-mail shows that it took 300 coins off of GTA: SA's price), though you still need to have the full 699 in order to buy it using coins.

EDIT: One thing to note about the promo coins: they expire after a year, so don't sit on them past May 31st, 2015.
Coins that you can earn on apps and in-app items are available on a limited time basis. Earned Coins expire on the last day of the calendar month, one year after you earn them. For example, Coins you earn on May 15th expire on May 31st of the following year.

Top Bottom