• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

lol thanks for that. I have memories of watching other people play that game (I didn't really play it too much myself). It is a pretty decent port. It has achievements, and each one you unlock you also unlock a gallery picture (and I even unlocked a soundboard).

I can't see San Andreas on the Amazon app store UK. Is it kindle exclusive?

Nvm it's incompatible with my device

Can you not install San Andreas on a Nexus 4? :\ I can download it on the Play Store no problems

I think this is one of those cases where the publisher uploaded the Kindle (Fire HDX, Fire TV) version of the app, but they haven't uploaded the Android version yet. Rockstar seems a bit odd on this front, as GTAIII looks to be Kindle-only on the Amazon Appstore, while Vice City supports Kindle and Android devices.

moojito

Virtua tennis is the amazon free app of the day today. Seems pretty good after a wee 5 minute play. Some nice 3d graphics and very smooth on the nexus 5.

jokkir

Whata re good apps on the Amazon store? Got that 2000 coins and don't know what to use it on. Scribblenauts seem like it's full of IAPs, Vice City seems like I need a controller, etc

I got Monument Valley and beat it already and will post impressions soon

Kinyou

Whata re good apps on the Amazon store? Got that 2000 coins and don't know what to use it on. Scribblenauts seem like it's full of IAPs, Vice City seems like I need a controller, etc

Rayman Jungle Run and Rayman Fiesta Run are pretty good. There's also sorcery if you like choose your own adventure games.

I didn't find Ridiculous Fishing as good as everyone else says. I mean, I'll recommend it, but it just didn't have any longevity once I unlocked everything (except 3-4 hidden fish) in a few hours of play. Plus, unlike other games on the market (Super Hexagon, Super Monkey Ball, etc.), I didn't find the base game as fun to play after unlocking everything, so it left me with little motivation to unlock the rest.

Not that it isn't a good game and a neat idea... It's just that I was expecting so much more, especially with the numerous mobile GOTY awards it won.

(Sad I missed the full version of Virtua Tennis. The demo was really fun with a controller.)

moojito

Got both already but I'll check out Sorcery.

How is Vice City without a controller anyway?

It's pretty much a fun for a random drive about/show your mates in the pub to show off your phone type game. I couldn't imagine actually trying to play it without a controller.

louiedog

Amazon has another free coins promo in the US.

Get these 5 apps free for 200 coins each.

If you missed it earlier, you can then use 699 of those free coins to buy GTA: San Andreas and then get back 2000.

Benedict

Amazon has another free coins promo in the US.

Get these 5 apps free for 200 coins each.

If you missed it earlier, you can then use 699 of those free coins to buy GTA: San Andreas and then get back 2000.

Out There is on sale on amazon.com so I bought that with some coins, together with Mines of Mars.

How do I buy table packs for pinball arcade with amazon coins, is that even possible?
And if so, how?

DonMigs85

Well, on an optimistic note, a few days ago, they added "(Kindle edition)" to the title, but recently, they removed that part.

And if I remember correctly, Sonic 2 used to be Kindle-exclusive too.
Now it works on anything, but it's still stuck at last year's version 3.0.2 (On the Play Store it's 3.0.9)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yep, Trials is now widely available (it already had a limited release in a few countries a while back). Tried it a bit on my Nexus 5, looks great and runs flawlessly. And it supports immersive mode, so it fills the entire screen on devices with on-screen navigation keys.

JCV

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a decent Bejeweled clone with no in-app purchases on the Google Play Store? Like normal Bejeweled with a classic mode where you just aim to get a good score? I've looked but I can't seem to find any (Bejeweled 2 is incompatible with the Nexus 4 for some reason and Blitz is full of F2P bullshit). Oh and I don't mind paying for it, in fact I'd rather pay for it than be stuck with ads.

Thanks!

Trials Frontier is definitely good. Some IAPs, but so far, nothing too much ( a couple of custom colours packs, and payments gems you earn by playing anyway).

As a quite good city builder, 1849 is very addicting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Trial Frontier looks and plays amazing on my S3 - Android Gaming really has come a far way, especially when it comes to compatibility between different types devices.

DonMigs85

The game seems to stop at nothing to hit 60fps as much as possible. RedLynx has true coding wizards. It's just a shame they took a page out of Angry Birds Go and Real Racing's book - a fuel system and long upgrade wait times.

Prototype

Inferno+
Polyhedron runner
Sonic 2
You already have monument valley.
Zen pinball HD

Those all pretty fun. I'd recommend robot unicorn attack 2 as well l which you can get from the Google play store and is free.

aznpxdd

So I recently bought a generic bluetooth controller that works surprisingly well. I've been re-downloading games I've purchased in the past and bought some games (via Amazon =D) that works well with controller.

Any more recommendation outside of these?

GTA Trilogy
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug
Sonic CD / 2
+ Emulators

Also, is there a way to force controller support on games that don't? It blows my mind that games such as NBA2k14 doesn't have controller support, I mean, the fuck? So is there any I can get the controller working with NBA Jam or NBA2k14? I just want a decent basketball game damnit!

So I recently bought a generic bluetooth controller that works surprisingly well. I've been re-downloading games I've purchased in the past and bought some games (via Amazon =D) that works well with controller.

GTA Trilogy
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug
Sonic CD / 2
+ Emulators

Also, is there a way to force controller support on games that don't? It blows my mind that games such as NBA2k14 doesn't have controller support, I mean, the fuck? So is there any I can get the controller working with NBA Jam or NBA2k14? I just want a decent basketball game damnit!
I recommend XCOM.

Matush

Finally, Trials is pretty good, def. the best motorcycle type of game on store.

Now, how about Hitman Go, come on, bring it to GP.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

GTA Trilogy
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug
Sonic CD / 2
+ Emulators

Virtua Tennis Challenge? I believe it has controller support, and it's a really competent mobile tennis game.

jombag

GTA Trilogy
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug
Sonic CD / 2
+ Emulators

soulcalibur was recently added with controller support..so good

MattDoza

GTA Trilogy
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug
Sonic CD / 2
+ Emulators

Reaper

GTA Trilogy
Asphalt 8
Riptide GP2
Crazy Taxi
Metal Slug
Sonic CD / 2
+ Emulators

If you don't mind rooting, there's always Tincore

Dragon Quest VIII was released yesterday for Android. Seems to work on anything above Android 4.0 but not ART.

$20 for the full game, minus voice overs and the orchestral soundtrack (probably due to file size considerations). Otherwise it seems to be a pretty decent port, judging by the feedback. A bit laggy depending on your device, but it looks pretty good!

Dragon Quest VIII was released yesterday for Android. Seems to work on anything above Android 4.0 but not ART.

$20 for the full game, minus voice overs and the orchestral soundtrack (probably due to file size considerations). Otherwise it seems to be a pretty decent port, judging by the feedback. A bit laggy depending on your device, but it looks pretty good!

I love DQ8 but it's showing nearly $30 here in Australia!! Not sure I can justify paying that much for it unfortunately.

Top Bottom