• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Amazon Appstore's Free App of the Day: Shuttle+ Music Player

Plus, the previously-mentioned bunch of free premium apps are up for Thursday and Friday. Get them here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/hidden-keyw...|B00G6HW8II|B00KZ1X43O&page=1&rh=n:2350149011

- Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing
- To-Fu Fury (Fire Phone exclusive)
- Carcassonne

- My Alarm Clock
- Photo Editor+
- Drawing Pad
- Daily Workouts
- Weather Live
- WiFi File Explorer Pro
- PDF Max
- White Noise
- CalenGoo
- Docs To Go Premium Key (Normally, I'd recommend this, but QuickOffice is so much better)
- Allrecipes Dinner Spinner Pro
- Fraction Calculator Plus
- Flightradar24 Pro
- KAYAK Pro
- Home Budget Manager
- KeepTrack Pro
- Convertor Pro
- Bills Reminder
- Ultimate Guitar Tabs and Tools
- Food Diary and Calorie Tracker
- List Master Pro
- Little Piano (Pro)
- Instapaper
- Essential Anatomy 3 (normally $24.00!?)
- Language Coach
- Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary (normally $29.99!?)
- MathsApp Graphing Calculator

garath

Assassin's Creed: Pirates for 10 cents!

Seriously, it's $0.10. Normally $4.99, so it's 98% off. I'll add more recent deals to this post in a bit.

Rayman Jungle Run - $0.75 (80% off)
Rabbids Big Bang - $0.49 (50% off)
Magicka: Wizards of the Square Tablet - $1.99 (50% off)
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 - $2.99 (40% off)
The Game of LIFE - $0.50 (50% off)

EDIT: Oh, and Monument Valley's price has dropped further to $1.99 (50% off)

EDIT 2: Looks like Amazon Appstore is planning to give away a bunch of apps tomorrow. If it's anything like Australia and Japan now, the list should include Carcassonne and Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

Weird. Pirates is compatible with my ancient Galaxy Nexus but not my Droid MAXX. I don't even understand how it wouldn't be compatible. Sigh. Oh well.

rothgar

Weird. Pirates is compatible with my ancient Galaxy Nexus but not my Droid MAXX. I don't even understand how it wouldn't be compatible. Sigh. Oh well.

Yeah, it's not compatible with my LG G3 either. Not sure if Ubi would ever patch it to work with it, but at 10 cents, I might just get it anyway.

lucius

Shadowgun Aniversary with the dlc is on sale $0.99.
I just tested it with a DS4 connected USB works fine once you map the buttons.

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon is on sale this weekend for $1.99 (Regular: $4.99; 60% off) Don't know how good it is, but the description brags that there are no IAPs and no online DRM. Might be worth checking out. EDIT: It's been price-matched on Amazon AppStore

I think that was yesterday? Perhaps it doesn't update everywhere at the same time

Different region stores change at different times. The UK store has already changed to Friday's FAOTD (Sorcery). The US store won't change until Midnight PST (11 hours from now). While the different region stores don't always have the same FAOTD, it's still a likely candidate for the US store tomorrow.

Rnr1224

Guardians of the Galaxy: The Ultimate Weapon is on sale this weekend for $1.99 (Regular: $4.99; 60% off) Don't know how good it is, but the description brags that there's no IAPs and no online DRM. Might be worth checking out.

The game is pretty fun imo. its similar to battleheart with loads of playable characters besides just the guardians and more characters are coming soon apparently. Its also pretty funny as well.

As Kinyou said earlier, Steve Jackson's Sorcery! is today's Amazon AppStore Free App of the Day; it's up now on the US store.

The sequel, Sorcery! 2, is also on the store for $5.00 (500 Coins). Apparently, it lets you use your save data from the first game, so it might be worth checking out once you've played through the first.

Don't forget, Amazon's 30 free apps deal is still on today. Carcassonne and Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing are musts, WiFi File Explorer and Drawing Pad seem to be reviewing well, Docs to Go is okay if you can't access QuickOffice for some reason, Instapaper might be okay if you use that service. Or you can just put all 30 apps in your library and figure out which ones are good later.

randomkid

Subscribing to this, forgot I have all those Amazon coins from that other deal way back and I oughtta spend em on something at some point.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I picked up Monument Valley in the current sale, absolutely gorgeous little game, highly recommend checking it out.

Could someone give me a good reason for Hitman Go being unpurchasable for all Kindle Fire HDXs?

I was waiting for this to be in the Amazon store since I have coins, but I decided to buy it on Google Play. Claims it is incompatible with my device. Which is a bunch of crap, I believe.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Huh, République seems to have stealth released on the Amazon App Store last week. Seems to be Kindle only compatibility, though. Still, it's now up and running on Android so I suspect a full release on Google Play is imminent.

Some recommendations for games that somehow flew under my radar:

• Guardians of the Galaxy - I'm recommending this because it's fun, but also because it's from a big developer and has no IAP and promises future DLC for free. It's also on sale right now (maybe just until the end of this weekend?) so I recommend grabbing it to show support for this no-IAP model.
  • Lionheart Tactics - F2P, but fairly generous. This is in the same vein as Final Fantasy Tactics (although it feels more like Jeanne D'Arc) and is really well executed.
  • Siralim - Roguelike'ish RPG, essentially Final Fantasy meets Pokemon. Really interesting game with a generous free trial. After level 15 you can pay for the full game, but by then you'll definitely know whether or not you like it. Highly recommend for people who want an RPG they can dig into.
  • Only One - Interesting brawler/arena type game. Hard to explain, so just download it and try it for yourself! F2P but generous.
  • Deemo - The followup to Cytus, this is another great rhythm game from this developer.
  • Traps n' Gemstones - Excellent Metroidvania style game.
  • Simply Sudoku - Sudoku games are a dime-a-dozen, but this one has a great interface and no fluff. It doesn't have as many puzzles as some Sudoku games on Android, but I think the design really makes this worth checking out.
  • MathDoku+ - Similar to Sudoku, but you also need to pay attention to Mathematical operators while filling out the grid. Worth a try if you like Sudoku.

Anyone else playing Kritika: Chaos Unleashed? I started it a few days ago and like it quite a bit. I do have some complaints, but it is a solid action-RPG for mobile.

I have a 5€ voucher on the amazon app-store any good game suggestions ?

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. (Keep in mind, I'm going off of the US store prices, so YMMV) Wayward Souls is a recent release that's been getting some positive buzz, with many comparing it to Spelunky (in dungeon-crawler form). Monument Valley is another one that's been getting good buzz, and it's 50% off right now. It's short, but it's might interest you if you liked Echochrome. Threes! and Ridiculous Fishing might also be worth looking at.

Those are the fairly recent notable releases that I can think of at the moment. There's also the old workhorses.

Minecraft Pocket Edition is pretty Minecrafty, and it never goes on sale since it almost always tops the charts. GTA Vice City is the only GTA game on the Amazon Appstore that's not Kindle-exclusive. The enhanced ports of Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic CD from Christian Whitehead are also quite nice. And there's Kairosoft's games. which can be fun.

I think this is a new sale... Final Fantasy VI is 30% off, down to $10.99.

This is one of the best classic Final Fantasy games, but it will be up to you if you think $10 for a mobile port of a 20 year old game is worth it or not :).

garath

Dungeon Village is probably one of the best they have done in my opinion, worth trying if you haven't already.

I agree. Game Dev story and Dungeon Village were the best. Ninja village kinda sucked. I hated their Soccer game too. Stopped buying them after that. The magazine one might not be bad.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I think this is a new sale... Final Fantasy VI is 30% off, down to $10.99.

This is one of the best classic Final Fantasy games, but it will be up to you if you think $10 for a mobile port of a 20 year old game is worth it or not :).

I had some spare change, so why not. While I don't like these ports, I don't have any other means to replay this game.

Humble Mobile Bundle 6 is up. Android-only, includes OSTs for all most of the games so far (Combo Crew seems to be the exception).

Pay What You Want:
- Eliss Infinity
- Duet Premium (Android Debut)
- Combo Crew Special Edition

Beat the Average:
- Threes!
- Mines of Mars
- Joe Dever's Lone Wolf
- More coming soon...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Deus Ex The Fall is on sale for $0.99 and of course it crashes on my HTC One M8. :(

Lomax

Anyone have an opinion on Wayward Souls? Would be playing on a tablet. Considering dropping some of my coin stash on it but it seems like most android action rpgs I try have terrible touch control schemes.

Top Bottom