• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Is there a trick to buying games play says wont work with your phone? I want Demons’ Score, yet its hidden because it claims it wont work, yet youtube has people playing it with my fone.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anybody got suggestions for a great Amazon App store app that's 99¢? I've got that much left in credit on there.

(Man, they need to redesign their store, feels like Android 1.0 compared to the Play store)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Anybody got suggestions for a great Amazon App store app that's 99¢? I've got that much left in credit on there.

(Man, they need to redesign their store, feels like Android 1.0 compared to the Play store)
Plague Inc. and Scribblenauts Remix are good.
What is better, wayward soul or mage gauntlet?

Wayward Souls has better gameplay, but Mage Gauntlet feels like more of a full game to me. It has a story and linear progression, where Wayward Souls is more like Rogue Legacy.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I actually found Space Invader Infinity Gene for a buck, good score there.

Vorg

Banned
Anybody try Asphalt Overdrive yet?

Yes. It's an endless runner with an 80s/outrun vibe. Has a couple licensed tracks by lazerhawk and miami nights 1984 too. They nailed the atmosphere, but it's still only an endless runner. I would have shat myself if you could actually drive the car.

Fezan

Can some one share their settings for FPSE. I want to play mgs but either effects are missing or the sound stutters. I have xperia z2 just share the best possible settings

Vorg

Banned
Can some one share their settings for FPSE. I want to play mgs but either effects are missing or the sound stutters. I have xperia z2 just share the best possible settings

Honestly, don't bother with FPSE and get EPSXE instead. FPSE is both troublesome to configure and runs most games way worse. It seems to have a million obscure options buried under all those menus. You can also try the pcsx rearmed core on Retroarch. It's the best psx emulator on android in my opinion, but it's missing some important things, like cd changing and OpenGL support. Still, Retroarch is free and as a bonus you get other emulator cores like mame, snes and megadrive/genesis, among a bunch of others.

Corpekata

Banned
Made a dumb move and bought a game through the Amazon App store that did not support my device (nvidia shield tablet). It warned me of this but I thought it was more of a "might not work." thing rather than just flat out not letting me download it at all. Is there any sort of work around for this or am I just stuck with my money going into the ether?

Made a dumb move and bought a game through the Amazon App store that did not support my device (nvidia shield tablet). It warned me of this but I thought it was more of a "might not work." thing rather than just flat out not letting me download it at all. Is there any sort of work around for this or am I just stuck with my money going into the ether?
A quick Google search shows that there are definitely ways to get the files but some of them require rooting the device.

Fezan

Honestly, don't bother with FPSE and get EPSXE instead. FPSE is both troublesome to configure and runs most games way worse. It seems to have a million obscure options buried under all those menus. You can also try the pcsx rearmed core on Retroarch. It's the best psx emulator on android in my opinion, but it's missing some important things, like cd changing and OpenGL support. Still, Retroarch is free and as a bonus you get other emulator cores like mame, snes and megadrive/genesis, among a bunch of others.

BUt i bought FPSE :(

If retro arch is free ill give it a try. don't need any fancy options just want to play mgs at good fps with all effects and may be higher res. One thing i noticed is that whatever i play on fpse is very dark even on full brightness

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

Talk to Amazon customer service. They should give you a refund. It'll probably take like 5 minutes.

Also, your tablet is good enough to play XCOM so you should get it and play with me.

Humble PC and Android Bundle 11 is up:
https://www.humblebundle.com/

PWYW tier ($1 min. for Steam keys)
Thomas Was Alone
Bridge Constructor Playground
Cubemen
Cubemen 2

BTA tier
The Blackwell Legacy
Blackwell Unbound
The Blackwell Convergence
Small World 2 + Royal Bonus DLC
+ More next week

$11 tier
Surgeon Simulator 2013
Anomaly Defenders

3 games were added to the BTA tier:
Don't Move (Greenlight)
Quest of Dungeons
SpaceChem

mattiewheels

Back To Bed is free today on the Amazon store. Looks interesting.

Humble Mobile Bundle 9 (Android-only):
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

Free tier
Devil's Attorney

PWYW tier
Syberia
Neuroshima Hex
Bardbarian: Golden Axe Edition

BTA tier
Leo's Fortune
Out There
First Strike
+ More next week

Pretty good Mobile Bundle this time. Syberia is a classic, Devil's Attorney is worth checking out, if only for the style. Bardbarian has been getting some good reviews, and Leo's Fortune and Out There are worth checking out.

awp69

Already owned several of the games, but that's a great bundle. Leo's Fortune is absolutely fantastic and one of the best looking games on Android.

Out There isn't for everyone, but certainly is a great game in its own right. I've heard good things about First Strike and Neuroshima Hex as well. With just those four games averaging $3-5 each, BTA is a no brainer IMO (currently around $3).

Even Bardbarian is a really fun game.

louiedog

Shadowrun Returns is on sale for $2.49 from Google Play.

I've been going through the Steam version on my Win 8 tablet and I like playing the game better with touch on that thing than I do on my 24" monitor with mouse. Most phones would probably be a bit cramped, but I think the game is great on tablets.

awp69

Any one else playing Auro? The last update dramatically changed the narrative and the starting levels. They basically went from being far too easy and a cake walk to very difficult and almost impossible IMO for someone starting the game.

Anyone playing it and feel the same? I enjoyed the mechanics of it but just got around to diving back in --- only to find my progress gone and an insane difficulty change. The new narrative seems good. But I'm not surviving long enough to enjoy it unless I'm not playing it correctly. Too many enemies swarming around all at once.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw there was a new hot fix that corrected the issue (was starting the story in the wrong place).

Any one else playing Auro? The last update dramatically changed the narrative and the starting levels. They basically went from being far too easy and a cake walk to very difficult and almost impossible IMO for someone starting the game.

Anyone playing it and feel the same? I enjoyed the mechanics of it but just got around to diving back in --- only to find my progress gone and an insane difficulty change. The new narrative seems good. But I'm not surviving long enough to enjoy it unless I'm not playing it correctly. Too many enemies swarming around all at once.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw there was a new hot fix that corrected the issue (was starting the story in the wrong place).
I'm a little biased, but I am also playing Auro. :D Just wondering - what level are you playing around?

There's a lot of new things and updates and tweaks in the works too. Everyone buy it, yay. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.DinofarmAuro

flowsnake

That Story mode nearly made me stop playing. I think they've improved it, but I've never played a tutorial that bad. Part of it was replaying it because it seemed like it was deleting my save, and not understanding what the "ranked" stuff was.

The actual game is pretty fun. I don't really understand why it doesn't have a "get to the end" win condition though.

The actual game is pretty fun. I don't really understand why it doesn't have a "get to the end" win condition though.
I mean, that would be pretty flat. You can get to the end by just ignoring monsters (especially with Dash/Jump). The idea is to get points as efficiently as possible. The levels just split up the match. You get some HP and segments back, and then the difficulty ramps up, so you really wanna make the best of each level.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a racing manager type game? There looks to be many, but I think some don't have "racing" or "motorsport" in the title so I can't find them all to compare.
I don't want to actually drive, just manage.
Don't care if it's free or paid, just looking for the best(nice UI, good features).

Tschis

just leaving a plug to a little game i've developed, the name is Rolling Dillo

Play Store link: http://goo.gl/JYH0Gg

Little trailer i've put together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_wIrqYvzEY

pr_source.PNG

I hope you guys enjoy it :D

zulux21

i want to play this.. but im scared its a candy crush trap..

my first impressions are that it's closest to the PAD system of giving out energy(stones) to get characters and what not... but perhaps even more pleasant as it doesn't seem to require you to spend energy to expand your roster space like PAD does (you also get exp from battles instead of having to eat a ton of monsters like in PAD)

I avoid candy crush in general so I am not sure what you mean by a trap there though :p

at the very least do all of us terra battle players a favor and download the game as your download will only make the game more awesome

see linked image

Humble Mobile Bundle 9 (Android-only):
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

Free tier
Devil's Attorney

PWYW tier
Syberia
Neuroshima Hex
Bardbarian: Golden Axe Edition

BTA tier
Leo's Fortune
Out There
First Strike
+ More next week

Pretty good Mobile Bundle this time. Syberia is a classic, Devil's Attorney is worth checking out, if only for the style. Bardbarian has been getting some good reviews, and Leo's Fortune and Out There are worth checking out.

Two more games added to BTA this week:
- So Long, Oregon!
- Mountain

I think I remember seeing So Long, Oregon! a while back. It's a sort of Oregon Trail parody where you speed over the mountains in your covered wagon. And Mountain is a mountain simulator.

I've been playing Bubble Witch 2 Saga and the more I play I realize that it's designed to make you spend money. :\ Maybe I'm just not that good at it, but getting a high score and sometimes even beating a level is too dependent on luck.

Question:

I'm very far in a game that doesn't have Google Play Games support.

I'm getting a new phone tomorrow, how can I transfer the game file over to the new phone?

I'm not rooted.

Top Bottom