• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Hmm, République is compatible with android-x86, meaning I can play it on my laptop. Is it worth buying, I wonder...?

Also, awesome at San Andreas and the other games being on sale. Oddly enough, this will probably be the non-console version of the game with the best controller support (including analog driving), so I might actually buy it for playing on Android with my ps3 controller.

Weird question but is there an RPG game that doesn't require external media? My phone does not read MiniSDs anymore and that leaves me with very few options :/

The GTA San Andreas page mentions the game has in app purchases. For some reason the Vice City page has the same note but I can't tell what IAPs it has. Anyone care to enlighten me?

kennah

Thanks for the responses! No nexus 5 because that would cost money, heh. This would be even trade. I think I'm going to keep my s4. Thanks ! Now if only there were ways to transfer my save games over.

sca2511

My girlfriend is pretty addicted to the Fat Princess: Piece of Cake game. Had to side load it to her OnePlus One since they didn't fix the compatibility issues at the time. She and I also play the Spider-Man runner game quite a bit. Gotta get those rare Spideys

soultron

Banned
I'm pondering if I should unlock IAP, does the game offer much more content?

The IAP basically unlocks endless mode. You see how many levels you can go past 16; it gets progressively harder since there are more and more enemies, more lava tiles, and you don't get any altars anymore.

It's a fun way to support the developer, IMO. It's not much and can change the way to play the game since you start to think longterm about how you build/pick your skills early on.

yogloo

OMG first strike is so awesome. I spent my whole sunday playing that game. It's been awhile since a game really catch my attention.

The late game kinda suffers though. When you are covering a larger landmass, it is such a hassle to micro manage everything. Does anyone have any tips regarding that?

Angst

Reddit recommended Duet and it's indeed awesome. Beatiful and simple graphics, nice ambient music.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kumobius.android.duet

Apparently there are some IAPs, but I have encountered any yet.
update2_1.gif

update2_2.gif

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Entwined Challenge has been my go-to phone game for the past couple weeks. It's just a singular mode from the console/Vita version, but that mode is ideal for a quick session. I can play for 4 or 5 minutes and feel satisfied. Performance is great on my S5, although it really requires headphones.

Benedict

The free app on Amazon is Atomus HD, a cool light synthesizer.

On Google Play Zen Pinballs table The Walking Dead is on sale for 50%. Might be stand alone but I bought it as an IAP for Zen Pinball.

soultron

Banned

Angst

It's a bit sad that the best source for good Android games is the iOS Gaming thread... most of the games seems to be available on Android, which is is a nice change from a couple of years ago *shudder*

£100 of free apps on the Amazon Uk app store this weekend starting today including Plex, Plants Vs Zombies, Devils Attorney, World of Goo and Fruit Ninja.

I assume it will be the same on the other app stores as well.

edit - forgot the link http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_183911707_3?ie=UTF8&node=5313894031
It's up on the US store now:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_14_10_30_Oct_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10221878011

Quite a fine deal with some killer apps in there.

taybul

Reddit recommended Duet and it's indeed awesome. Beatiful and simple graphics, nice ambient music.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kumobius.android.duet

Apparently there are some IAPs, but I have encountered any yet.
See, this is the kind of game I'd like to see in the google play storefront but no, it's nothing but candy crush derivatives.

This was a pretty easy buy for me. I was hooked instantly. May I ask, where on reddit did you see this being recommended?

Top Bottom