• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've played a bit of Dead Trigger. Is that about as well as action games control on a tablet? :| I have a screen protector on so that might throw things off a bit but I'm really not impressed.

I've been playing Dead Trigger 2 a lot. It feels great to me...Level 31 or something now.

Looks like Ubisoft decided to go and make Assassin's Creed Pirates Freemium with the newest content update. I picked it up during that 10-cent sale a few weeks back. Makes sense, it was a good enough game with some interesting sailing/battle mechanics, but it had an uneasy amount of IAP elements.

Has anyone played Baldur's Gate EE on their phone. I have a Galaxy s5. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to play on a 5.1 inch display.
Brilliant little game, especially after the update which allows you to increase text size for small screens. I have an s4, I believe you'll find it a great little gem and a perfect preparation for bg2 ee whenever they release it.

Looks like Ubisoft decided to go and make Assassin's Creed Pirates Freemium with the newest content update. I picked it up during that 10-cent sale a few weeks back. Makes sense, it was a good enough game with some interesting sailing/battle mechanics, but it had an uneasy amount of IAP elements.

I had the same thoughts. At .10 it was cheap enough to risk heavy IAPs, but honestly I have yet to see a huge push in the game for IAPs. They are there but its not anything obtrusive which is nice.

garath

If only it was compatible with my droid MAXX. It is compatible with the ancient galaxy nexus but not the modern droid. Sigh

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Has anyone played Baldur's Gate EE on their phone. I have a Galaxy s5. I'm wondering how difficult it will be to play on a 5.1 inch display.
Since I own all the Infinity engine games already, I tried using that GemRB emulator that supposedly runs them...all I can get to run is the built-in BG2 demo, I follow all the instructions and never have gotten anything to work. Anyone have luck?

Hitman GO is pretty cool. Though it's eating through my battery at a decent pace and I can tell it's really pushing my tablet because it's heating up.

Putosaure

Does anyone knows what game would suit me well ?

I'm looking for a great game, fun to play, even in short play time, playable in portrait mode ?
(no kairosoft/runner/timer f2p/1000000)

I'm having a hard time looking for this.

I found a great little RPG called "Unlucky Hero", it's free to download, it's only a trail but gives you about 2 hours of gameplay before you can pay to unlock the rest of the game. There's no IAP's at all (apart from purchasing after the trail).

I'm really enjoying it and feels like I'm playing a fully fleshed out RPG built specifially for mobile.

sohois

Hey thread, I guess this question has been asked before but hopefully people don't mind answering: Shmup recommendations for Android? No restrictions on price or anything.

I should point out, however, that I'm not looking for bullet hell style games and would much prefer a simpler scrolling shooter than some of the insanity from Cave and the like.

jombag

Anybody here have Counterspy? if so, how does it controll? I have it on my wife's ipad mini and it controlls like shit.

linsivvi

Is this a good bundle?

Kingdom Rush Frontiers is one of the best tower defense game on mobile.

The Tiny Bang Story and Heroes of Loot both have free versions on the Play store. I think the first one is a demo and the second one is ad supported so you can try them out first.

I will probably do that the next few days.

Hey thread, I guess this question has been asked before but hopefully people don't mind answering: Shmup recommendations for Android? No restrictions on price or anything.

I should point out, however, that I'm not looking for bullet hell style games and would much prefer a simpler scrolling shooter than some of the insanity from Cave and the like.
Pew Pew

Some Square-Enix sales on Amazon Appstore:
Final Fantasy IV - $7.99 (50% off)*
Final Fantasy V - $11.29 (29% off)

*(NOTE: This seems to be listed as "version 1.0.0" of FFIV. Unfortunately, this could mean that this potentially old version; potentially still conflicts with anything that uses Xposed Framework and doesn't support the ART runtime)

omg_mjd

After being burned by an incomplete version of Joe Dever's Lone Wolf (only Books 1 and 2 available, no Book 3 despite it being available in the Google Play version) I'm going to avoid getting Android games from Humble Bundle. Would be better if they gave out Google Play keys but the APKs that are supplied by Humble aren't always the latest version.

MNC

Started playing Contact. Simple time sink game. Has leaderboards, too. It's pretty decent.
2v42e9G8AKsH2uOuFfTBwt2AGJqNjb5QdoURoVV0iPWuiGeiX6mhcCcMXkSihv2l12M=h900-rw

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eagle.Contact

Benedict

Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake is todays free app on amazon.com.

Been very interested to try this out so I'm quite happy, was waiting for a sale

Amici

I haven't lurked enough here to see if anyone has mentioned it, but I highly recommend Sword and Glory. It's basically like Bushido Bladen or Way of the Samurai games but set in a Norse/Viking backdrop. It's free with virtually no need to pay for It's (I did anyway to support the devs). Check it out :)

nilbog21

Banned
Man, loved the shit out of Kingdom rush frontiers..unlocked every star on veteran - Who does that? Can't find other games that can keep me playing for that long.

Clash of heroes had good game play but what is up with the terrible story and cutscenes.. Can't bring myself to open and sit through that shit.. Same with puzzlequest2. Looking for some quality game play with some depth (but easily accesible)

I'm a little late to the Android party... What has been everyone's favorite game?

My friend just released his new game, Auro, on Android. He previously did some iOS games including 100 Rogues, which was really well-received. Auro's been in development for literally years and I've been helping here and there along the way, mostly a lot of testing, so I can tell you firsthand, it's a really neat, unique game. It also has great artwork and music.

It's gonna come out on iOS too but Apple seems determined to get in the way as much as possible of Adobe (AIR/Flash) games, and Auro happens to use AIR.

Anyway, give it a whirl: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.DinofarmAuro

Top Bottom