• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

I would recommend anyone Wayward souls if you like games with a classic 16bit feel in the vein of Dark Souls. Touch controls work really well too.

awp69

The wait for The Banner Saga on Android is killing me. Dev on Twitter just keeps saying they'll have an announcement "soon".

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't know if old but Mika Mobile FINALLY released Battleheart Legacy on Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MikaMobile.BattleheartLegacy

5 bucks, if Battleheart is anything the asking price is more than worth it. Battleheart had insane replay value for me, and I think this will be the same.

Between this and Terra Battle, well shit, mobile gaming is taking over my console gaming time surprisingly enough

until bloodborne and persona 5

reKon

Banned
I don't know if old but Mika Mobile FINALLY released Battleheart Legacy on Android

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MikaMobile.BattleheartLegacy

5 bucks, if Battleheart is anything the asking price is more than worth it. Battleheart had insane replay value for me, and I think this will be the same.

Between this and Terra Battle, well shit, mobile gaming is taking over my console gaming time surprisingly enough

until bloodborne and persona 5

So I guess he's gotten over fragmentation since the same thing kind of happened with iOS? Also, I'm assuming the android developer tools have improved?

moojito

Bunch of good free games on the amazon app store just now. Fruit ninja/PvZ, world of goo, etc.

I picked up Alpha wave and Blocky roads, as I already had most of the others. Both are really good.

Any good ergonomic accessories for tablet gaming? Hours of Monster Strike is taking it's toll on my body. My wrists and neck muscles ache.

Launched Adventure Xpress, a match-3 RPG, on Google Play today - from Adult Swim and PikPok.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pikpok.ax.play

It's free!

I've also been playing this pretty solidly since day 1. Great stuff!

The sound on my Galaxy Note 3 is choppy as Hell, though, so I had to switch it off. Also it is annoying how the start-up overrides my podcasts, so I need to start it up (it invariably crashes out when not in use) the game, switch out to my podcast player to set it to play again, and then switch back into the game.

I know it's silly but it's the little technical niggles like these that have stopped me purchasing in-game currency for realmoney so far, even though I've been tempted. I hope they get fixed.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So I got FF4: The After Years, it's pretty nice. But who in their right mind decided to cap the framerate in battles with the speed setting? It's literally increasing the framerate as you select higher battle speed options, so highest speed setting = smoot battles. Normal and below results in jerky looking animations.

am_dragon

Civ Rev 2 plays nice. Its the best 4x on android anyway. There is a bug with the google login, it flashes between a loading screen and a google auth page. If you can tap OK on the google auth page when it comes up you are in. Not a deal breaker but bad user experience for a full priced game.

Played an easy game on my Nexus 7. It really makes the Nexus heat up and a couple hours of play pretty much drained the battery. I wish there was a low graphics setting, or battery save mode that would drop some animation.

Is it worth $15? Maybe, if you enjoy Civ in short bursts, or can deal with the heat / battery drain. I bought it as much to support the traditional non-ftp model, and because I really enjoy 4x games. Civ Rev on iOS was really well supported, getting updates with new content a couple years after the initial release, I'm expecting the same here.

I would have taken an android version of the iOS Starbase Orion over this but sadly that isn't an option.

Hasney

Does Civ Rev 2 have the same annoying thing as Civ Rev on consoles where all the other nations suddenly declare war on you when you're about to win?

Made it feel more like a board game than running a nation.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
OK here's sort of an odd request....are there any Android games that allows players to share replay or "movie" files so we can watch them offline? Kinda like what Call of Duty Black Ops II Theater Mode does, I suppose. Anything like that? I'd love to be able to watch Android games offline via a replay file of some sort.

reKon

Banned
OK here's sort of an odd request....are there any Android games that allows players to share replay or "movie" files so we can watch them offline? Kinda like what Call of Duty Black Ops II Theater Mode does, I suppose. Anything like that? I'd love to be able to watch Android games offline via a replay file of some sort.

The sonic all stars racing transforms game let you share your gameplay I think. Not sure if it's offline.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
The sonic all stars racing transforms game let you share your gameplay I think. Not sure if it's offline.

Thanks. I wonder if any of the FPS or Fighting games allow this?

bigf00t

I'm looking for some word game recommendations for my wife. She really enjoys Wordbase and Words with Friends on her phone, and she likes Scrabble and Boggle.

In case folks missed it, the 3rd iteration of the best mobile tower defense game I've ever played is out. Kingdom Rush Origins!

Get Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers too if you haven't played them yet :)

heringer

The Shadow Sun is out on Google Play. It's a great western RPG released on iOS last year, developed by veterans of Never winter Nights and Baldur's Gate.

Launched Adventure Xpress, a match-3 RPG, on Google Play today - from Adult Swim and PikPok.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pikpok.ax.play

It's free!

Love the game but it eats battery life like candy. My HTC One gets significantly hot and will go through a full charge in an hour while playing it. Even after 15 minutes, my phone is uncomfortable warn to put back into my pocket.

Lately I've been playing a lot of Pocket Road Trip

MyerfTB56bIcC3Gmyl4REJl3wu0r9mb1yO6Lz8tPbT4htsVRkP4GAjszRPpgTHvz6o4=h900-rw

From Roofdog. Its the follow up to Extreme Road Trip and Extreme Bike Trip. The mechanics have been super simplified and they've added the "feed the thing other things" function to upgrade your cars.

Danneee

In case folks missed it, the 3rd iteration of the best mobile tower defense game I've ever played is out. Kingdom Rush Origins!

Get Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers too if you haven't played them yet :)

Holyyy shit! Best gaming related news since playable GTA5 shark!

The Humble Crescent Moon Mobile Bundle is up:
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

PWYW tier:
Space Chicks
2-Bit Cowboy
Neon Shadow
Ravensword Shadowlands

BTA tier:
Topia World Builder
Shadow Blade
Mines of Mars
Blocky Roads Premium
+ Additional games when the stretch goals are hit
+ More games next week

$8 tier:
The Deer God
Exiles: Far Colony

Stretch Goals: $100K - Siegecraft Defender; $125K - Relic Rush; $150K - Paper Monsters Recut (Android, Steam); $200K - Pocket RPG; $250K - Ravensword Shadowlands (PC, Steam); $300K - ???; $400K - ??? (PC DRM-Free, Steam)

It's Android-only for the most part, but it looks like two of the games in the stretch goals will also include Steam keys.

awp69

The Humble Crescent Moon Mobile Bundle is up:
https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

PWYW tier:
Space Chicks
2-Bit Cowboy
Neon Shadow
Ravensword Shadowlands

BTA tier:
Topia World Builder
Shadow Blade
Mines of Mars
Blocky Roads Premium
+ Additional games when the stretch goals are hit
+ More games next week

$8 tier:
The Deer God
Exiles: Far Colony

Stretch Goals: $100K - Siegecraft Defender; $125K - ???; $150K - ??? (Android, Steam); $200K - ???; $250K - ??? (PC DRM-Free); $300K - ???; $400K - ??? (PC DRM-Free, Steam)

It's Android-only for the most part, but it looks like two of the games in the stretch goals will also include Steam keys.

This is an awesome bundle. Exiles is going to be like a Mass Effect style RPG. And The Deer God is also highly anticipated. They're alphas, but will upgrade to the full version when released.

I'm psyched!

Top Bottom