• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shit SNK made King of Fighters 2012 free with ads on Google Play. Looks waaayyy better than 98 which I bought a year ago in screens at least. Installing now to try with my new BT controller!

Edit: Fail boat. BT controllers not suppprted. :|

yogloo

Oh man, I picked one of these up about two weeks ago and they're amazing! Enjoy. Don't forget to try the Grid stuff, and get a Bluetooth controller if you don't have one already.

You're in for a real treat. If you're in the market for a case, this is the one I went with; http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWGRLRA/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I can use six axis with it, can't I?
ah shit, I already got a cheapo case to go with it. Should have gone with the one you linked. Thats seems way more rugged than the case I picked.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I can use six axis with it, can't I?
ah shit, I already got a cheapo case to go with it. Should have gone with the one you linked. Thats seems way more rugged than the case I picked.
If you can use a SA with it I've no clue. I'm sure you can root it and make it work somehow.

Horseticuffs

Guys, I am PLEASED to announce that Flashout 2 has gotten an update that completely fixes the issue that kicked it back into demo mode once you'd bought the full game! Now it can reclaim its rightful place as best "Future racer" (Wipeout Clone) on Android.

I'd been giving Repulze a chance but there was just too much bullshit. Very few tracks with actual weapons, lots of dumbass time trials and such I didn't care for. These damned polarity gates that just slowed you down and bored me. Flashout 2, now that it WORKS,is damned balls-to-the-wall fun. Just fucking shooting future weapons at dudes in megacities and listening to some pretty dope electronic music.

Yes, still no support for hardware controllers but on my Shield Tablet at least you can rig up a pretty decent controller map yourself. I just put in about two and a half hours playing with my IPEGA and it worked a treat.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.jujubee.flashout2&hl=en

Shit SNK made King of Fighters 2012 free with ads on Google Play. Looks waaayyy better than 98 which I bought a year ago in screens at least. Installing now to try with my new BT controller!

Edit: Fail boat. BT controllers not suppprted. :|
holy shit there's a mobile version of king of fighters 2012? and for free??
holy fuck

waru

Hmmmm

Sorta want. Not sure if I'll play it a ton though. I don't mind paying, but I'd bite more at $1.99.

How good or bad does this play with touch?

The feeling is really good for this one you really can put the ball where you want to. I played a long session last night and I really enjoyed it.

Siralim was updated to version 2.0 recently with "all-new graphics, over 100 new creatures, a skill point system and much more." This is an awesome game that I would recommend to anyone who is interested in RPGs/Rougelikes. It is constantly being updated with new features and is a lot of fun to play.

It's free to play until you hit level 15 (a few hours or more of otherwise unrestricted gameplay) and then you can pay $4.99 to unlock the entire game. This is the type of developer I absolutely love to support. No micro transactions, no ads, and they are constantly updating their game to make it even better. In my opinon we need more mobile developers like this, and we need to support these kind of games from developers who are avoiding the F2P model.

Horseticuffs

It's actually been a free app of the day before. Sometimes Amazon really delivers.
I guess so! Last year they had Monument Valley, which was a big get.

I've been really enjoying Wayward Souls lately. It reminds me of 100 ROGUES a lot. An exciting take on a rogue-like that can be enjoyed in bite sized chunks. It's the persistent aspects that really win me over. Like me you may suck ass and die all the time, but you're constantly earning gold, which you can use to unlock perks for each character class that are permanent. From what I see each class's final perk actually effects every character you make regardless of class.

It's pretty tough as nails, and I haven't even beaten the first dungeon yet, but it is a great game to fail at and tackle again. It stays entertaining!

garath

I guess so! Last year they had Monument Valley, which was a big get.

I've been really enjoying Wayward Souls lately. It reminds me of 100 ROGUES a lot. An exciting take on a rogue-like that can be enjoyed in bite sized chunks. It's the persistent aspects that really win me over. Like me you may suck ass and die all the time, but you're constantly earning gold, which you can use to unlock perks for each character class that are permanent. From what I see each class's final perk actually effects every character you make regardless of class.

It's pretty tough as nails, and I haven't even beaten the first dungeon yet, but it is a great game to fail at and tackle again. It stays entertaining!

Wayward souls looks pretty good. $7 is a little up there though.

Horseticuffs

My thoughts too, it's been on my wishlist for a while. Have yet to see it on sale though :.

Wayward souls looks pretty good. $7 is a little up there though.
That was their strategy to encourage people to buy early. Originally it was like $3 but then they released a bunch of free content updates. With each one they increased the price a dollar permanently.

Expensive, yes, but worth it I think.
Amazon had it free like three months ago.

Vanillalite

Looking for something good for my phone. I have a ton of stuff on my tablet, but I need something good for my phone. Don't mind the genre as long as it works well on the smaller screen vs a tablet.

Horseticuffs

What's the best SNES and GBA emus on Android? I don't mind paying, but if I pay I'll expect more. They need to have BT controller support is all I ask.

Thanks! Will check out!

No problemo. Crossy Road is best as a phone game also.

For emulators I've had good luck with this dude's stuff:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.explusalpha.GbaEmu. That's his GBA emulator, just search for more by that developer to get all his stuff. I don't own them all but the SNES and NES apps are top notch.

Humble PC & Android Bundle 12!
https://www.humblebundle.com/

$1 tier
Tetrobot & Co.
Titan Attacks!
The Inner World
VVVVVV

BTA tier
Costume Quest
Ironclad Tactics Deluxe (The Steam key also gives you a giftable copy of SpaceChem and the SpaceChem DLC)
+ More next week

$10 tier
Shadowrun Returns

Edited the Ironclad Tactics line. It turns out it's actually the Deluxe pack on Steam, so when you redeem the Steam key, you get giftable copies of SpaceChem and the SpaceChem 63 Corvi DLC.

Salsa

Blockwick 2 is great

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiefferbros.blockwick2

screen1136x11362.jpeg
blockwick26.jpg

buy it

Horseticuffs

Edited the Ironclad Tactics line. It turns out it's actually the Deluxe pack on Steam, so when you redeem the Steam key, you get giftable copies of SpaceChem and the SpaceChem 63 Corvi DLC.
Eh, i mostly jumped for Costume Quest and VVVVV so still a legit deal. Thanks again!

http://www.droidgamers.com/index.ph...k-s-day-sale-for-some-of-their-classic-titles Heeeeey dudes! Samurai 2 is on sale and it is a LEGIT AS HELL beat 'em up by what was once an excellent development house, Madfinger, though of late they've been neutered by F2P practices. Dead Trigger series is good, and I'm looking forward to their new Dead title soon, but I just wish I could pay a flat fee. They are SO talented, I just think it's a shame. It isn't that F2P can't be done right, I just don't think they do it right.

Anyways, Samurai 2 is fuckin' amazing and droidgamers.com is a great Android gaming site.

Piccoro

Hello everyone!
I'm a traditional console gamer and I'm new to Android gaming. So far I'm loving it!
I find it difficult to use touch controls, though. I've been using the Dualshock 3 to play some retro games (My Xperia has native gamepad support), and it's great.

The games that I'm playing currently:
Sonic 2
The King of Fighters '97
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Blazing Star
Tetris (the EA one)

Anybody knows a list of Android games that support controllers? I only found this one: http://androidgamepadgames.com/
It's not 100% complete, though.

soultron

Banned
Just wanted to say hold off on buying Combo Queen for now, if anyone is interested. It's very much style over substance.

Barebones gameplay loop, poor feedback on combo timing, and generally frustrating gameplay. If they work on it, it could be a cool hybrid runner game. If not, it's not worth the money.

Vanillalite

Hello everyone!
I'm a traditional console gamer and I'm new to Android gaming. So far I'm loving it!
I find it difficult to use touch controls, though. I've been using the Dualshock 3 to play some retro games (My Xperia has native gamepad support), and it's great.

The games that I'm playing currently:
Sonic 2
The King of Fighters '97
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Blazing Star
Tetris (the EA one)

Anybody knows a list of Android games that support controllers? I only found this one: http://androidgamepadgames.com/
It's not 100% complete, though.

You find it tough cause you're playing games not designed for touch.

Check out Threes, World of Goo (free on amazon app store), Hearthstone, Monument Valley, Terra Battle, Blek, Crossyroads, Shardlands, Riptide GP2 ext...

Also Play Store is so big you won't ever get a 100% list, and I say this as someone with a BT controller.

Piccoro

You find it tough cause you're playing games not designed for touch.

Check out Threes, World of Goo (free on amazon app store), Hearthstone, Monument Valley, Terra Battle, Blek, Crossyroads, Shardlands, Riptide GP2 ext...

Also Play Store is so big you won't ever get a 100% list, and I say this as someone with a BT controller.

Thanks for the suggestions. I can't try the Amazon app because it doesn't work in Europe, I think. World of Goo I already know it from consoles. And I'll try those other games.

That Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Amazon FAOTD I mentioned earlier? Turns out it's part of a free app giveaway to celebrate the Amazon Appstore's anniversary:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=nav_sap_mas_15_03_19_Mar1_Bundle?ie=UTF8&node=10076151011

There's some good stuff in there, so be sure to check it out.
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
Cut the Rope
Super Why!
World of Goo
Alphabet Aquarium
Kingdom Rush Origins (Kindle-only?)
Ruzzle
The Hidden World
Unpossible
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon
Monkey Preschool Explorers
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Bank Escape Pro
SimplePlanes
Sago Mini Ocean Swimmer
Amelia and Terror of the Night
Chimpact 2 Family Tree
Adventure Beyond Time
Pumped BMX 2
Slingshot Racing
Deep Under the Sky

Elements of Photography Pro
EasyTether
Servers Ultimate Pro
Repix - Full Version
G-Stomper Studio
Business Calendar
NeoCal Advanced Calculator
Reading Trainer
HanDBase Database Manager
OpenDocument Reader
FolderSync
Cross DJ Pro

Oh, and KOTOR is on sale for $4.99 (50% off):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SNQGCNC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

randomkid

Picked up Five Nights and EasyTether. I can't get EasyTether to work with my Galaxy S3 though. I'm on Android 4.4.2 and went through the wizard but it can't seem to find my phone through either USB or bluetooth.

Top Bottom