• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hmmm controller support for Shield Tablet?
Haven't actually tried yet, but remember that (on my ipega, at least) you can just press start for a few seconds to bring up the controller subscreen to download controller profiles from other players. I think that's a shield feature, not an Android or iPega feature.

Horseticuffs

Holy cow, guys. Costume Quest is SOOOO good and everything I'd hoped it would be as a total Halloween nut. Plays like a dream on the Shield Tablet. If you have any interest in Halloween, RPG's, Mobile gaming, or hell even have a pulse, pick up the damn bundle. There's a bunch of
nearly
objectively great games there (Shadow Run, CC, and VVVVV).

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Yeah, Costume Quest is a fantastic addition to the Android library. Hopefully we get the sequel as well. I skipped that one.

Very surprised by how well it looks and runs on my S5. Doesn't get that hot, either.

The sequel to costume quest is pretty terrible or at least pointless if you play the first one. It feels slapped together in order to make some quick cash. I don't begrudge them doing that but buyers should beware.

Horseticuffs

The sequel to costume quest is pretty terrible or at least pointless if you play the first one. It feels slapped together in order to make some quick cash. I don't begrudge them doing that but buyers should beware.

That would make sense from what I've heard. Apparently the lady who had the original idea for it had left for Pixar to my understanding.

Koozek

Holy cow, guys. Costume Quest is SOOOO good and everything I'd hoped it would be as a total Halloween nut. Plays like a dream on the Shield Tablet. If you have any interest in Halloween, RPG's, Mobile gaming, or hell even have a pulse, pick up the damn bundle. There's a bunch of
nearly
objectively great games there (Shadow Run, CC, and VVVVV).

Ooh nice, didn't know there was an Android version! Loved the few first hours I played years ago.
EDIT: Huh, can't find it anywhere on the Play Store.

Discc13

Neo Member
I have DQII and DQIII, and works without a problem on my nexus 5 lollipop 5.1 CR xtrasmooth 5.0, can't say for DQIV

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Huh. There's an Android port of Aquaria but you can't buy it. It was part of a Humble Bundle ages ago, the hell is up with that. Just like Costume Quest. It's out there but..not.

I wanna buy them both ):

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Cool, will wait until they reveal somehing more though,

Also did anyone play Baldur's Gate 2 on a smartphone? I have a 5 inch display and I downloaded the game (and refunded afterwards due to not being 100% sure) and it seemed fine as you can zoom in quite a bit, didn't really seem to be an issue hitting the right buttons, that coupled with the fact that you can pause the battles.

One can only wonder :/ I tried my girlfriend's Kindle Fire, thinking it might be a Kindle exclusivity deal and no luck there either.

I wonder what it does work on. None of my android devices will work on it. HTC One M7, samsung galaxy 6, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, HP touchpad hacked. None of those devices are compatible.

reKon

Banned
What are currently the best portrait mode games. So far I have monument valley as one of the best. I've already played a few Kairosoft games and while they were solid, you're pretty much doing the samething in everyone of them.

yasu151

What are currently the best portrait mode games. So far I have monument valley as one of the best. I've already played a few Kairosoft games and while they were solid, you're pretty much doing the samething in everyone of them.

I've recently been playing Final Fantasy Record Keepers. Though it has a lot of IAP's, it's still fun and doesn't cost anything if you're patient.

Lomax

On a tablet, Zen Pinball is godly in portrait mode.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from the Amazon App Store that everyone got with their free coins and received all those coins for purchasing it is now listed in my cloud apps on my Note 4. It looks like its not Kindle only now.

anddo0

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas from the Amazon App Store that everyone got with their free coins and received all those coins for purchasing it is now listed in my cloud apps on my Note 4. It looks like its not Kindle only now.

Yep confirmed to work on my Sony Tablet Z1 and Z3. It also works on my older SG3.

yasu151

Trying this one out. I wonder how deep of a game it is game play wise

I'm still pretty early in the game (lvl 15'ish characters), and I don't feel game play is super deep. Still, I much enjoy the throwback to older FF's. It's one of the fewer games I turn up the audio and listen to. My personal opinion is it has the appeal of random loot drops similar to Diablo, but with a far *FAR* smaller pool of items/abilities that drop. You see that chest drop on x/y/z boss and think "OOOO, what's that? What's in the box?" There's a fairly involved thread here if you want better impressions/tips.

Final Fantasy Record Keepers GAF thread

reKon

Banned
It has cloud save! Thank you DeNA... Will be definitely playing this to kill time daily when I'm commuting in the city.

Cloud save is the one thing that's missing from Wayword Souls that prevents me from playing that game (which I paid $5 for). They were suggesting that it would come in a future update, but it hasn't...

Also, way to launch a game as impressive of that and then after a few updates, never update it again. I though they had a whole pay model they were going to use where the price would increase as they added more to the game. Instead, it's like they stopped all development. Why can't that company focus on a couple of games at a time rather than finding a new one to release every few months?
That's stupid.

/rant

Top Bottom