• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Note when I found out that the Nexus doesn't support usb memory sticks and I am delighted with it. Great screen, big battery and a micro sd slot. Also it's still a very thin phone and it fits in my fleece or jacket pocket just fine. I haven't really used the stylus but it seems to work very well. I'm not sure if Samsung really are getting their act together and will be updating to ICS more quickly than their past crap efforts but as it is the Note is a fantastic phone.

Thanks for the info, I think I read somewhere that Note will get the ICS update by January end. Hope.

Blackhead

Redarse
Samsung Note vs. Galaxy Nexus?

I have to buy a new droid next month. Can't decide...GAF help me.

I'm an HTC fanboy but none of their latest models are as good as the Note or GN.

Is the Note getting an ICS update anytime soon? If yes that would push me forward to grab it right now..

Samsung said the GNote will get ICS in Q1 2012.

heyf00L

I'm looking for a headphone extension/adapter (I have working headphones). The most important thing is for it to have pause/play and track skip buttons. Volume and a mic would be nice, but not necessary. Anyone know where to look for such a thing? I'm having trouble finding options.

I found this, but it needs to be a lot longer (I guess I could get control-less extension if needed tho).

pr0cs

Samsung Note vs. Galaxy Nexus?

I would always choose a google device over anything else. Even when google stops supporting the device the community will have a decent following. Especially on a flagship device like that Nexus which will likely have a pretty significant following.

I'm biased though against Samsung, especially considering how poorly they supported a lot of their previous devices (I'm looking at you original SGS)

Pctx

Banned
htc-sign-logo-phones.jpg

The company recently revised its outlook for the fourth quarter and said revenue would be flat, a move that came as a surprise to investors used to a company that had previously seen six consecutive months of record revenue leading up to October. HTC was the first company to launch an Android smartphone in the United States, the first to launch a WiMAX smartphone on Sprint and the first to sell a 4G LTE device on Verizon Wireless. “We will focus on the product next year, better and more competitive,”

Link via BGR

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Samsung said the GNote will get ICS in Q1 2012.

Samsung says a lot of things. I still haven't got my Gingerbread on my Infuse 4G. Not that I give a shit since I'm getting the Skyrocket...but still, I have no faith in their updates or promises.

ep85

Samsung says a lot of things. I still haven't got my Gingerbread on my Infuse 4G. Not that I give a shit since I'm getting the Skyrocket...but still, I have no faith in their updates or promises.

Samsung is pretty prompt anywhere outside of the US market. It could be Samsung USA, it could be the carriers, who knows..

rozay

Banned
Greyface is fine because his note wasn't a US market model. The international galaxy S was the first phone to get gingerbread aside from the nexii.

HTC just needs to stop making 100 versions of the same phone. They need to go back to the drawing board and create something different and trend setting like the Nexus One was.

Blackhead

Redarse
AT&T officially adds LG Nitro HD to its LTE fold on December 4th for $250
WowWj.jpg

the new arrival on AT&T's network offers a 4.5-inch HD (1,280 x 720) IPS display, a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm APQ8060 CPU, LTE and an 8MP camera with a 1.3MP front-facing cam. The device, measuring 10.4mm thick, should be showing up in stores and online December 4th for $250 with a two-year commitment.

Greyface is fine because his note wasn't a US market model. The international galaxy S was the first phone to get gingerbread aside from the nexii.

I was interjecting in part response to the hopeful comment that the GNote would get ICS in January. Q1 2012 could mean April! There are no US market models for the GNote, so no carrier will be holding up the update, but that's still a long time of uncertainty. To be honest, I don't think I could hold out that long.

equap

Banned
Even More Plus™ 500 Talk + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web
500 whenever minutes®
Unlimited weeknight minutes
Unlimited weekend minutes

This is my T-Mobile plan right now for my Nexus One. I want to upgrade to the Samsung GSII but i'd have to get a new plan and it sucks and more expensive.

I think i'd have to buy another unlocked phone to keep using this plan. :(

Ashhong

500 whenever minutes®

This is my T-Mobile plan right now for my Nexus One. I want to upgrade to the Samsung GSII but i'd have to get a new plan and it sucks and more expensive.

Let me know how much you find the GS2 off contract for...

kehs

Banned
500 whenever minutes®

Send SimleuqiR a PM. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33022375&postcount=4532

kehs

Banned
Congratulations on being open Android!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/1...ts-and-gps-information-of-thousands-of-users/

J Case cracked open the APK, and what did he find? The email addresses that Total SMS Control uses to send the extracted data, along with the password, all right there, in plain text. Turns out that TSC uses multiple email addresses to forward the requested information to the spy-er, and every single one of them is hardcoded into the APK. To make matters worse, the password is also hardcoded into the APK, and it's the same password for every account.

kehs

Banned

Speaking of broken paradigms, has CM gotten ICS on the HP webOS pad yet?

-----

On a more serious note, in the midst of my bi daily padfone information hunt I stumbled upon a perfect visual explanation for the padfone:

padphone.png

If that doesn't convince anybody about the padfone, I don't know what can.

thespot84

$320 for a refurb 16gb galaxy tab 10.1 on woot today. I'm partial to the asus ( i own one) and think it'll break $200 often in the coming month, but if you're in the market for a galaxy tablet this isn't bad...

Just a question to any tablet owners here, how often do you use the rear-facing camera?

I ask because it seems like a waste of money and resources that would be better spent elsewhere. It makes about as much sense to me as placing a rear-facing camera on a laptop.

kehs

Banned
Just a question to any tablet owners here, how often do you use the rear-facing camera?

I ask because it seems like a waste of money and resources that would be better spent elsewhere. It makes about as much sense to me as placing a rear-facing camera on a laptop.

I actually use mine alot, but it's primarily a work device. I use it to send clients pictures of items for inspection.

I actually use mine alot, but it's primarily a work device. I use it to send clients pictures of items for inspection.
I see. I don't actually own a tablet so I was just wondering, as it seems like the type of the device that would be kind of awkward to use as a camera. Plus, my phone already has a decent camera, I don't really feel I need one in a tablet.

jayb

500 whenever minutes®

why do you have to get a new plan? I upgraded from a mytouch 3G to the GSII this month with a new 2 year contract, and was able to keep my super old grandfathered plan.

equap

Banned
why do you have to get a new plan? I upgraded from a mytouch 3G to the GSII this month with a new 2 year contract, and was able to keep my super old grandfathered plan.
well, i was looking into it on the website and it did it automatically. maybe i can keep the plan if i go to the store or something.

is that what you did?

Toki767

Been messing around with ICS on my Captivate. This OS seems faster than Gingerbread! It's pretty great. Sad Samsung will probably never release a real version.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm getting a Galaxy Nexus by January. Book it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom