• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angst

So I got tired of waiting for GN, and got a rezound.
And well a of now, of course I'm not a fan of sense.
And rezound is an ugly ass name. Screen is gorgeous.
the bulkiness from press shots was delaying my decision, but after holding it in my hand it felt nice.

Btw I'm coming frying OG Droid.
Hoping this baby gets rooted soon
Download SwiftKey and get rid of ridiculous language. ;-)

So does anyone know how to purchase the discounted apps without having a phone? When I try to "sign in" to purchase it says no phone is attached to this email.

Circle T

What are the other $.10 games this week? On my device, in the Android Market, it only shows yesterday's $.10 apps.

Yup, exactly one week ago.

I might decide to get it off the Android Market since it's only $.10

http://www.androidcentral.com/day-4-googles-10-day-10-cent-10-billion-app-download-celebration

Spirit HD
Shazam Encore
Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Farm Frenzy
Toddler Spanish
Need for Speed Shift
Jelly Defense
Game Dev Story
Baseball Superstars 2011
My Beach HD

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I bought some apps on the marketplace before today with no problems. Now today I can't buy anything. My CC is working but I'm getting errors left and right and when I try to purchase apps on the website, it says none of my devices are compatible. wtf

Circle T

I bought some apps on the marketplace before today with no problems. Now today I can't buy anything. My CC is working but I'm getting errors left and right and when I try to purchase apps on the website, it says none of my devices are compatible. wtf
Same. I tried buying Game Dev Story, and when I would hit "Continue" in the purchase pop-up, it would just sit there for a few seconds, and then say an error occurred. It also did this when I tried to buy a song in the Music store. Must be something going on with the Market as a whole.

jobber

Same. I tried buying Game Dev Story, and when I would hit "Continue" in the purchase pop-up, it would just sit there for a few seconds, and then say an error occurred. It also did this when I tried to buy a song in the Music store. Must be something going on with the Market as a whole.

phew...same happened when I tried the free music song of the day. I'll just try later.

I was able to buy Game Dev Story through my phone. It got to the preparing to download screen and just hung there. I tried cancelling and re-downloading it, but then it said I didn't purchase the game even though the button said Install. I waited a few minutes and tried it again and this time it downloaded. I didn't get an e-mail with my receipt yet though.

If you really need to get something right away I guess if you keep trying it will work, but I'm just waiting until things are fixed before I try to buy anything else.

Shepard

Seems like it's back to normal. Grabbed Spirit, Sentinel, The Baseball game, game dev and shazam, already have Jelly Defense.

jayb

whoa, Game Dev Story didn't seem like my cup of tea. But I just played the demo and I'm hooked! Now if the market would start working again so I can buy the thing.

I hope that this promotion encourages Google to start having Daily/Weekly deals section on the marketplace.

Not that I expect there to be 10p offers all the time, but it would be good if there was some promotion when developers do decide to have temporary price drops on apps.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
LTE is alive and well in NYC. I cant be the only one. Speedtest just showed 40 down and 10 up three times. That is insane.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
There any way I can buy an app my device doesn't support? I want Jelly Defense but I've got a Droid OG. I guess I could try my google tv, or rooting my nook simple touch.

ZZMitch

I go to UofT in Canada but I live in the USA and will be returning for winter break and latter for the summer. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII on Bell Canada and I need to unlock it so I can use it on a T-mobile month to month plan in the United States. Anyone have an idea of what my options are?

I go to UofT in Canada but I live in the USA and will be returning for winter break and latter for the summer. I have a Samsung Galaxy SII on Bell Canada and I need to unlock it so I can use it on a T-mobile month to month plan in the United States. Anyone have an idea of what my options are?

Just go on craigslist and find someone to unlock it for like $15... or try sites that do it remotely

jokkir

Pacific Mall most likely.

Up at Steeles and Kennedy Road.

Not sure what the prices are though.

Flash

If your at the downtown campus, try giving Ming's wireless a call. Maybe they'll do it and its a hell of a lot closer than pacific mall (it's at Dundas and University).

rozay

Banned
You should read around xda, I'm sure you can do it without paying anyone if you're willing to root your phone.

Quick google search provided this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179321

jobber

So what does the MessageCS process actually do?

I keep running out of space so I was looking for what was taking up space. MessageCS was using 100 mbs of data space. I have 2 sms/mms backup apps and cleared the data. I thought it might be the sms app, but after clearing it, all my sms/mms are still there.

jobber

omg omg omg

I woke up this morning and the Logitech Revue 3.1 update was ready to download!

FINALLY ^_^

I'm not certain if that phone will work on T-Mobile's legacy network, but it won't work on their HSPA network. Just something you should know.

This will be rubbed all over my tits, by the way.

Blackhead

Redarse
I'm not certain if that phone will work on T-Mobile's legacy network, but it won't work on their HSPA network. Just something you should know.

This will be rubbed all over my tits, by the way.
oooh yes. Can't wait for these retina displays to hit the market. I hope Samsung doesn't charge an arm and a leg for it.

Edit: BGR link. You might as well be linking to the Daily Mail or Russia Today. Don't get my hopes up like that.

jobber

wow

this has the latest build of chrome, chrome to tv, ftp option to sideload apps.

this $100 investment just earned it's money.

Question to anyone who can answer. Been using Android & Google Music for nearly two weeks now and it's amazing. Only problem is that the music stored on my music locker isn't updating to show up on my phone. Went into settings and tapped the option to refresh music list and still nothing. Must be doing something wrong. Any help?

Love Android btw. Bought more apps this week on the Market thanks to the sale than I bought on iOS. Ever.

Edit: BGR link. You might as well be linking to the Daily Mail or Russia Today. Don't get my hopes up like that.

Well, their sources leading up to the galaxy nexus announcement were spot on. (at least as far as the last batch of rumours going around before the thing was actually unveiled) And this does fit in line with what we know, though I was much more expecting everyone to jump to 1920x1200 before 2560x1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom