• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, my dad and I are going to look at new phones tomorrow... what's the best? Galaxy Nexus? We're on Verizon btw.
Galaxy Nexus is probably the best Android phone until at least the end of the year, but it has not been officially announced yet. The rumored Verizon launch keeps moving back.

Galaxy Nexus is probably the best Android phone until at least the end of the year, but it has not been officially announced yet. The rumored Verizon launch keeps moving back.

I just read up on that... :/ Well, if anything I can grab the next best phone then return it when the Nexus officially rolls out, right? I'm almost sure most carriers give you 30 days to take it back.

Husker86

I just read up on that... :/ Well, if anything I can grab the next best phone then return it when the Nexus officially rolls out, right? I'm almost sure most carriers give you 30 days to take it back.

Verizon is 14 days now I think. Even so, the Nexus better be out within two weeks.

Al-ibn Kermit

The first time after you completely charge a phone's battery, should you wait until it's down to 1% before recharging it or does it not really matter? Also what's the best android web browser? I've been using the stock touchwiz browser which is pretty decent but I'd like something with tabs if that's possible.

Angst

The first time after you completely charge a phone's battery, should you wait until it's down to 1% before recharging it or does it not really matter? Also what's the best android web browser? I've been using the stock touchwiz browser which is pretty decent but I'd like something with tabs if that's possible.

As you're using Touchwiz I presume you have a Galaxy SII or Galaxy Note? In that case you don't have to bother with battery calibration at all (some chip on the battery or some other magix tricks).

Al-ibn Kermit

As you're using Touchwiz I presume you have a Galaxy SII or Galaxy Note? In that case you don't have to bother with battery calibration at all (some chip on the battery or some other magix tricks).

Yeah the sprint version of the gs2, I also heard that it takes a few charge cycles for the phone to figure out how to optimize battery life for your usage.

Zizbuka

Banned
I'm trying to uninstall the Espier Launcher, but it won't uninstall. Their Market page says to turn off the "Screen Off and Lock" feature. What does that mean? Apparently there's a Screen Off and Lock app, but I don't have it installed.

I really want to get this app off my phone.

Thanks

I'm trying to uninstall the Espier Launcher, but it won't uninstall. Their Market page says to turn off the "Screen Off and Lock" feature. What does that mean? Apparently there's a Screen Off and Lock app, but I don't have it installed.

I really want to get this app off my phone.

Thanks
turn it off in the Espier Launcher app.

Renoir

I thought sense was suppose to make things easier.but it just makes things complicated. Why do I need 49 million clicks to get to my favorite people list?

Can't wait for perm root for the vigor.

Angst

I thought sense was suppose to make things easier.but it just makes things complicated. Why do I need 49 million clicks to get to my favorite people list?

Can't wait for perm root for the vigor.

Have you tried the Favorites widget that comes with sense? Or maybe it's called Contacts, haven't used Sense in ages.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So why has verizon denied google wallet again? I think the whole concept of it is pretty awesome, although I may have a problem spending too much if it's that easy.

andycapps

Btw,,, Fuck does the Facebook app suck hard now

For me it seems to have fast transitions between screens, then the loading icon just sits there for an inexplicably long time. Basically seems like the app is fast, but it's taking a really long time to load a small amount of data from Facebook.

kehs

Banned
So why has verizon denied google wallet again? I think the whole concept of it is pretty awesome, although I may have a problem spending too much if it's that easy.

Verizon blocking Google Wallet on Nexuses is false. Verizon does not block applications.

Google Wallet is different from other widely-available m-commerce services. Google Wallet does not simply access the operating system and basic hardware of our phones like thousands of other applications. Instead, in order to work as architected by Google, Google Wallet needs to be integrated into a new, secure and proprietary hardware element in the Galaxy Nexus phones.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Because they have their own competing product in ISIS.
I don't doubt verizon trying to limit the consumer's choices for one second.

Verizon blocking Google Wallet on Nexuses is false. Verizon does not block applications.

Google Wallet is different from other widely-available m-commerce services. Google Wallet does not simply access the operating system and basic hardware of our phones like thousands of other applications. Instead, in order to work as architected by Google, Google Wallet needs to be integrated into a new, secure and proprietary hardware element in the Galaxy Nexus phones.
Thanks for clearing it up for me.

But why does this new, secure and proprietary hardware element not work with verizon?

kehs

Banned
I don't doubt verizon trying to limit the consumer's choices for one second.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

But why does this new, secure and proprietary hardware element not work with verizon?

That's just the PR line that Verizon sent out a few days ago. (It's pretty much crap)

There really is no reason for Wallet to not be on the GN, other than the fact that Verizon is working with ISIS for their on mobile payment system.

http://phandroid.com/2011/12/13/sonys-nw-z1000-android-pmp-passes-the-fcc/

bNlas.jpg

I think I might want this if it gets dev support.

Vyer

That is the worst packaging I have ever seen. Is the eye/anus of Sauron supposed to sell people on a tablet?

Motorola's never known how to market their Android stuff correctly. I mean, they've got the RAZR name - one of the most popular cell phones brands ever - at their disposal and they just bury it under their usual Sci Fi channel tomfoolery. Such a waste.

panda21

damn there is so much drama in this SGS2 ICS stuff.

now sammobile are saying the leaked build codeworkx has is old, and RIL works in theirs.

wednesday night... all will be revealed. tears will be wept, tantrums thrown, sources closed and opened, MIUI cursed and adsense revenue made. and at the end of it all, will we have ICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom