• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Friendcaster is indeed MUCH better than the official app. Wow. Hopefully it doesn't become a battery hog like the FB app

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Even better than the newer FB app, which is halfway decent now?

I switched to Friendcaster because the new FB app is a big steaming pile of crap. Really... you can't even upload pics to albums, it hogs your battery since it keeps the phone awake, slow as hell, etc.

wario

here are some live concept renders for that sony tear-drop shape phone a few pages back.

these aren't made by sony but rather a guy on concept-phones.com. looks nice though.

XperiaCurve1.jpg

XperiaCurve2.jpg

hey whats the new facebook app like?

does it drain your battery keeping your phone awake unless you shut it down from the app manager like the old?

raphier

Banned
Ugh just updated to 3.2. (Desire HD) seems like it fixed a lot and is very sleek in design, but ugh the performance is just horrid and somehow the system takes 400mb out of total 600mb memory. Very crazy change from previous. Thinking of reverting back to 2.2, but will have to cope with text-feeding improperly.

Also my full bat. Supposedly manages for 33 mins according to the system viewer. The counting is all wrong or gingerbread is a beast to use.

Ashhong

Can somebody knowledgable with cell phone plans help me out? I have been trying desperately to find a way to get myself a Galaxy S2 and think I just found my way (opening/upgrading my current line is not a possibility). I am currently on Tmobile.

Today my friend informed me that his dad upgraded his line with some lame blackberry on AT&T. I immediately asked if his down would work with me on this. Return the Blackberry, go online to ATT and buy the S2

And then I would of course pay for the S2 as well as buy him whatever blackberry separately, assuming he didn't get some 300$ Blackberry, which I doubt he did.

Would this cause any trouble for him at all? He got a data plan with the Blackberry, so I wouldn't be adding data to his line or anything.

This is also assuming the S2 can be used on Tmobile. I don't care about 3G, etc, no data plan on my line right now.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It can be used, yup. Just no 3G but since you don't care about that, it's fine.

It'll need to be unlocked, too, I think.

Polari

Motorola's never known how to market their Android stuff correctly. I mean, they've got the RAZR name - one of the most popular cell phones brands ever - at their disposal and they just bury it under their usual Sci Fi channel tomfoolery. Such a waste.

Motorola are such a joke. Hope Google sorts them out. Rebrand as Google M, have 3 or 4 phones with different form factors in the line up (say a 3", a 3.7", 3.7" slider and a 4.5") updated every 9-12 months and instead of making them all look like sci-fi film prop rejects make them simple and elegant.

Motorola are such a joke. Hope Google sorts them out. Rebrand as Google M, have 3 or 4 phones with different form factors in the line up (say a 3", a 3.7", 3.7" slider and a 4.5") updated every 9-12 months and instead of making them all look like sci-fi film prop rejects make them simple and elegant.

so you want them to change what's been working for them?

Mafro

Does anyone else have a problem with Google Music only playing one song and not skipping to the next? It's really annoying and makes the app almost worthless for me for anything other than listening to podcasts.

Touch

I hate new phone shopping. I have no idea what's going on in the world of mobile. Though, for some reason, I know Android is what I need. I'm up for an upgrade on T-Mobile, but still don't want to spend a lot of money. At most like $100. I don't understand the whole upgrade process with there 5 layers of prices, rebates, extensions etc.

What are my options for Android on T-Mobile? I'm looking at the phones on their website but have no idea as to what's good or not. I see the Galaxy S 2 is very popular but I really don't want to spend that much money. So, what's the next best option?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Does anyone else have a problem with Google Music only playing one song and not skipping to the next? It's really annoying and makes the app almost worthless for me for anything other than listening to podcasts.

What do you mean? I don't have that problem at all. You're saying it doesn't automatically play the next song in a playlist?

Angst

gcubed

I wouldn't. XDA is claiming that the thing is pre-Beta levels with functionality. I'm still curious as to why TouchWiz is laid over the top. Oh well. Anxious to see if that is a user option on some level.

welp, there goes hope of minimal honeycomb level customization

Zeppu

Does anyone know if the 'Notifications on/off' function is still available on ICS on tablets? It's very useful especially for multiple devices in the same room (Tablet/phone both connected to gtalk, etc) and the functionality itself doesn't seem to be present in ICS on the GN at least.

I also miss separate phone/notification volume in ICS :(

equap

Banned
i have CM7.1 and my Google Navigation is all messed up. It doesn't show the bird's eye view anymore, only the regular map view. Anybody know how to get it back to showing bird's eye view?

Fatalah

I recently linked a second gmail account to my phone, and the Android Market keeps prompting me to update the apps for this user.

I don't even need this account to have apps. Help me Andrex!

Ashhong

Dammit, so my plan to get the S2 through a friend did not pan out. However I found that AT&T is selling a refurb S2 for FREE with upgrade/contract and I'm trying to find a way to get that...

I don't suppose anybody in this thread wants to burn an upgrade and make say...$300 would they? :D

Pctx

Banned
Seriously, anyone using an Android phone should be using the ICS keyboard. It literally is like typing with the iPhone keyboard on an Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom