• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Perhaps somebody here can help me, or has run into this...

I downloaded the latest update for GingerBread for my Motorola Atrix after my phone prompted me a few times to do so. I installed it and since then, my phone has been in a continuous reboot loop. The longest I've gotten it to stay up is about 15 minutes, but on average, it's rebooting about once every 90 seconds.

I've Google searched, contacted Motorola and researched other forums with little success. When I got it to stay up for 15 minutes, I had disabled the WiFi...turned that back on it borked again. I'm back in Airplane mode, but it still reboots. Anybody else go through this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Otherwise this thing is going back.

So - nobody here has this issue or knows of a place that might have a workaround for me? :(

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Did you take a look at xda-forums ? They're very knowledgeable about pretty much every single thing thats Android-related.

Yeah - checking them out and I just discovered the AtrixForums, so I'm posting there as well. Meanwhile, the new Nexus S looks amazmo. :/

kehs

Banned
Yeah, should note the charge at around 50 hours, also that phone is on wifi with a strong signal about....75% of the time.

rCIZZLE

Is there any way to find ALL apps you've downloaded from the marketplace from a single account? I had to get a replacement bionic and I want to redownload the apps I had but when I go to Market -> my apps I only see about 12/40. I'm guessing the free ones didn't show up.

Cudder

Goddamnit, every once in a while on my Nexus One, my 3G data gets stuck uploading something and I have no idea what it is. I can tell because the 3G "upload arrow" icon on the status bar is on solid for at least 5-10minutes at a time, and I can't do a single goddamn thing on the device until it's finished what it's doing. I can't go on the browser because it doesn't load shit, can't use any internet enabled apps, NOTHING.

This happens like 1-2 times a day, and it drives me up the damn wall.

indeed, you'd be much better of with an iPhone 3GS, they still get support 2 years later.

The 3GS is only a generation behind hardware-wise though.

Google has a reason to abandon the Nexus One, Apple doesn't have a reason to abandon the iPhone 3GS right now. My phone is a Nexus One, but I'm not going to pretend that it isn't becoming somewhat incapable. The GPU in the thing is absolutely laughable.

giga

The 3GS is only a generation behind hardware-wise though.

Google has a reason to abandon the Nexus One, Apple doesn't have a reason to abandon the iPhone 3GS right now. My phone is a Nexus One, but I'm not going to pretend that it isn't becoming somewhat incapable. The GPU in the thing is absolutely laughable.

If you're talking about the gpu, sure. But a 600 MHz cortex a8 and 256 mb ram is definitely two generations old.

If you're talking about the gpu, sure. But a 600 MHz cortex a8 and 256 mb ram is definitely two generations old.

I wouldn't really consider a 200MHz clock bump and a few megabytes of extra RAM (especially since 2/3 devices of the A4 generation still were stuck at 256mb) a new generation of hardware... more of a refinement.

But yeah, the GPU is the area of concern, since ICS is the first big graphical upgrade that Android has had since the Nexus One's release, and the Nexus One also has shit all for a GPU. Older Apple devices continue to be upgraded because iOS hasn't had a significant graphical upgrade, and its second-generation of devices have a GPU still fares somewhat respectably.

Is there any way to find ALL apps you've downloaded from the marketplace from a single account? I had to get a replacement bionic and I want to redownload the apps I had but when I go to Market -> my apps I only see about 12/40. I'm guessing the free ones didn't show up.

Did you go to My Library on the website? I have apps listed that were from my previous phone and ROMs.

giga

I wouldn't really consider a 200MHz clock bump and a few megabytes of extra RAM (especially since 2/3 devices of the A4 generation still were stuck at 256mb) a new generation of hardware... more of a refinement.

But yeah, the GPU is the area of concern, since ICS is the first big graphical upgrade that Android has had since the Nexus One's release, and the Nexus One also has shit all for a GPU. Older Apple devices continue to be upgraded because iOS hasn't had a significant graphical upgrade, and its second-generation of devices have a GPU still fares somewhat respectably.

Don't know what you mean by a few megs of ram. I'm talking iPhones and the 4 was definitely the most popular A4 device. Android devices had similar specs in mid 2010.

rozay

Banned

The adreno 200 is probably fine for hardware acceleration though; without graphics drivers ICS on my N1 is running at close to gingerbread speeds.

kehs

Banned
I don't either to be honest.

At that rate...in one year, they'll have 5% of the entire mobile market on top of whatever they have now. That's assuming the rate doesn't go up (which....has no sign of slowing down).

That's ridiculous.

Sean

Banned
Hasn't Steve Jobs accused Google of counting updates and reinstalls for their Android activation figures in the past?

I know he wasn't exactly the most unbiased person (being their competitor and all) but I bet Google is doing some "creative" counting to inflate those figures. It's obviously a ton but 700k per day just seems unreal.

Where is the source for that number, anyway?

gKRWd.png

So several pictures I recently took on my HTC Inspire 4G seem to have disappeared; they were in the gallery 2 days ago but they're not there now. The hell? I barely use the camera at all; I've probably taken less than 50 photos total since I got the phone. Any way for me to try to recover them?

Ashhong

Getting my GSII in the mail tomorrow after much effort! Can't wait to get off of this HD2, even though it's still a pretty good phone.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Anyone using SeekDroid.

Pretty big update rolled out today.
They have moved to a monthly subscription model for some extra features.

Expect lots of rage from fans over this!!

Angst

Anyone using SeekDroid.

Pretty big update rolled out today.
They have moved to a monthly subscription model for some extra features.

Expect lots of rage from fans over this!!

I can't find any info about that on their web page. Android Market also says it's a one-time purchase. Care to share?

gcubed

I don't either to be honest.

At that rate...in one year, they'll have 5% of the entire mobile market on top of whatever they have now. That's assuming the rate doesn't go up (which....has no sign of slowing down).

That's ridiculous.

I see more and more people with android phones everyday. Im sure a ton of it is coming from non smartphone users. Its seemingly getting harder and harder for WP7 to break in to the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom