• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

I have an HTC Detail and my 3G inexplicably stopped working today. 4G and wi-fi are fine, and the Credo/Sprint customer service couldn't figure out the problem. They should send a replacement phone soon, but I was curious if anyone heard of this.

If they REALLY didn't give a shit they would have sent Windows Phone 7 to the same place that Zune and Kin went already.

They're using the money they get from android licenses to fund Windows Phone development.. I don't think they're trying to kill Android.. they're just showing google and their partners that Android isn't really free

to be clear, I didn't mean that "they don't give a shit" about being in the mobile market. After RIM dies, they'll be in a solid 3rd place.. and they do need to improve awareness and the perception of WP 7.. I still think it should have never have been called "windows".. they shot themselves in the foot with that one.

MrBig

I'm having a problem with my keyboards. My tablet came pre-installed with flext9, and there is no option to disable or uninstall it, and it randomly selects itself instead of swiftkeyx. I couldn't do anything under the defaults section of the swiftkeyx app settings. How can I select it to be the default or get rid of flext9?

I'm having a problem with my keyboards. My tablet came pre-installed with flext9, and there is no option to disable or uninstall it, and it randomly selects itself instead of swiftkeyx. I couldn't do anything under the defaults section of the swiftkeyx app settings. How can I select it to be the default or get rid of flext9?
Go to your tablet settings. Under Language & Input you should be able to dig a bit and find a way to disable the flext9 keyboard.

Blackhead

Redarse
What are the best wikipedia apps? I want offline access (can be a separate app), integration with the share menu i.e. select text in any app, usually the browser, and share with wikiapp to find the corresponding article, and, an option for the full website formating.

Oh yeah: no ads.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Alright, I can't believe this issue still hasn't been addressed: Notification sounds.

Why is it, that when I'm listening to music or a podcast, a notification sound interrupts my music? Why can't the notification play at the same time as the music? The iPhone does this very elegantly. The only time I want to be fully interrupted is when I receive a phone call. A text message or IM should not make the audio cut in and out. It doesn't even pause the audio. I have to miss 1 second or so of audio.

What am I missing? Or is it still shitty?

This happened while using Pocket Casts. Maybe the Google Music app is better.

SimleuqiR

Alright, I can't believe this issue still hasn't been addressed: Notification sounds.

Why is it, that when I'm listening to music or a podcast, a notification sound interrupts my music? Why can't the notification play at the same time as the music? The iPhone does this very elegantly. The only time I want to be fully interrupted is when I receive a phone call. A text message or IM should not make the audio cut in and out. It doesn't even pause the audio. I have to miss 1 second or so of audio.

On google music sound fades a bit while a notication sound happpens. My music never stops or skips. It is done very well.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
On google music sound fades a bit while a notication sound happpens. My music never stops or skips. It is done very well.

Alright, thanks, that sounds like how it should be. Then I'm writing an email to the Pocket Casts people. I hope there's a setting I missed because it is ridiculous.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5012

andycapps

Yeah mine fades out a bit when a sound is played. I like the way it's done. I prefer it to be faded out than to hear the music at the same volume while a notification tries to play. Sounds cluttered and you could miss the notification.

Pctx

Banned
The real problem is the 56 different places that you can change the notification sounds depending on the program, notification type and god knows what else. I hope this gets addressed soon.

The real problem is the 56 different places that you can change the notification sounds depending on the program, notification type and god knows what else. I hope this gets addressed soon.

I'd say a reworking of android's sound system should be on google's top list of priorities for future releases. It sometimes works great, but is often a complete mess. Especially music controls on headphones and on lock screens.

jokkir

Flashed my radio and im getting awesome speeds now (at least better than my older speeds). Kinda weird that it messed up my underclock though... It keeps resetting when the settings are on when the other radios had no problem.

Threi

notag

Guess im the only one that prefers it that way. I don't want to miss a notification because i was listening to music.

Bboy AJ

Putting a widget from Plume on my ICS homescreen causes lag when switching from that homescreen only. I'll have to write the dev on this issue.

I wish there were a GOOD Twitter app for Android. It sucks going from Tweetbot to Plume. Plume is the best Android Twitter app but it still sucks.

Putting a widget from Plume on my ICS homescreen causes lag when switching from that homescreen only. I'll have to write the dev on this issue.

I wish there were a GOOD Twitter app for Android. It sucks going from Tweetbot to Plume. Plume is the best Android Twitter app but it still sucks.

What are you looking for in a Twitter app? I've tried some of the other ones out there but end up just (somewhat grudgingly) going back to the official one.

Pctx

Banned
Gotta say, I can't believe the hacker community gets releases out before big companies. Also can't figure out why they just don't sub-contract since the XDA community would appreciate the money.

clav

Gotta say, I can't believe the hacker community gets releases out before big companies. Also can't figure out why they just don't sub-contract since the XDA community would appreciate the money.

It's like a comparison of SEGA and the Sonic community.

Bboy AJ

What are you looking for in a Twitter app? I've tried some of the other ones out there but end up just (somewhat grudgingly) going back to the official one.

I want something like Tweetbot on iOS. Functional but beautiful. Plume is very much functional and everything is laid out well. It just looks ugly. And I have no idea why it handles trends the way it does. That's hideous.

If Plume had some designers working on it, it would be the best. It's a pretty powerful app. Just somewhat buggy. Sometimes the timeline doesn't save position, Tweetmarker seems to be hit or miss, scrolling is laggy, the colors aren't pleasurable.

DemiMatt

Hey guys, I've had my Droid 2 since launch of last year, and it for the most part has ran fine. I'm on Version 2.2.3 from Verizon, and as of yesterday my phone has been crashing repeatedly. Almost any App I launch causes a crash, and I have to force quit. My Go Launcher app crashes and I am unable to use the shortcuts linked from that app. Also when I am texting, in the middle of a text the phone will freeze and I will be unable to type anything else.

Any Ideas on how to fix this? I uninstalled Advanced App Killer and Launcher Pro, and that seemed to work for a while, so I installed Go Launcher, but now the crashes are getting worse. Any help is welcomed, thanks guys!

gcubed

its easy to get something out when you have no skin in the game. Its easy to dismiss bugs as part of the process. Sure OEMs have bugs, CM's had some crippling bugs on phones though.

Hey guys, I've had my Droid 2 since launch of last year, and it for the most part has ran fine. I'm on Version 2.2.3 from Verizon, and as of yesterday my phone has been crashing repeatedly. Almost any App I launch causes a crash, and I have to force quit. My Go Launcher app crashes and I am unable to use the shortcuts linked from that app. Also when I am texting, in the middle of a text the phone will freeze and I will be unable to type anything else.

Any Ideas on how to fix this? I uninstalled Advanced App Killer and Launcher Pro, and that seemed to work for a while, so I installed Go Launcher, but now the crashes are getting worse. Any help is welcomed, thanks guys!

try a factory reset

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Is there any way to get the Facebook app to not be permanently running? I tried changing settings and it still refuses to go away, hence I refuse to leave it installed. Silly.

Vyer

A client got a Droid Bionic today. Seems like a nice phone in the time I spent setting it up. Anything about it I should tell her to be aware of? (like, say, how is the battery life?)

Bboy AJ

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
It's a piece of shit app and I haven't installed it for that reason. Well, also because I don't use facebook anymore. But it's known for that app to be continuously running.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/177850-stop-facebook-continuously-running.html

wow yeah ok. and here i was gonna try and play nice and actually check fb once in a while

wonder how many OMG MY PHONE SUCKS BATTERY LIFE IS TWO HOURS complaints this has led to. i'd be pissed off if it was the oems more than anyone

Vic

Please help me with my bad english

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Menelaus

Banned

It's very believable. Corporations are in the business of immediately end-of-life'ing their phones. The ROM gurus are in the business of extending the lives of these phones. It's not surprising at all.

man of science

Neo Member
So apparently it's a lot easier to root a phone, or at least the Atrix, with a PC. Finally got it done and I am HOOKED!

I've tried stock CM7, CM7-ICS and Neutrino (which I've themed up to be more like ICS).

I've noticed the biggest difference with Neutrino, even after adding syncing and live wallpapers. I especially loved how few apps were in the drawer after a fresh install.

It's almost time for bed and my phone's still at 44 percent, and that's with moderate to heavy use today. It's easily giving me at least DOUBLE the battery life of the stock motorla bloatware.

Much love for everyone over at XDA.

Anyone else with a rooted Atrix?

Ashhong

Anybody with the AT&T Galaxy SII, what color are the capacitative buttons on the bottom? My refurb lights up pretty yellow ish, nowhere near the bright white of the T-mobile one that I saw in stores. Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom