• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapages

Anybody with the AT&T Galaxy SII, what color are the capacitative buttons on the bottom? My refurb lights up pretty yellow ish, nowhere near the bright white of the T-mobile one that I saw in stores. Normal?

That's strange. Mine are milky white for my Galaxy S2. Get it exchanged...

Threi

notag
http://www.samsungtomorrow.com/2043

apparently, this says the original Galaxy S won't get ICS because they want to include TouchWiz, but can't due to RAM/ROM limitations.

of course, the first thing people say is "so drop TouchWiz!"

lol, Samsung!

Don't the GS1 and Nexus S have the exact same specs?

*edit*

Nevermind, google-managed vs samsung-managed.

silly me.

really dissuades me from buying another android device in the future.

Husker86

*edit*

silly me.

Yeah but the Nexus S is stock Android.

edit: your edit snuck in!

gimmmick

A client got a Droid Bionic today. Seems like a nice phone in the time I spent setting it up. Anything about it I should tell her to be aware of? (like, say, how is the battery life?)

I have only had the bionic for about 1 week, and what I can say is download LTE Switch. It's just an app for a short cut to switch to LTE to CDMA only, but it helps me get a respectable battery life when I'm at work and not having the lte radio on.

Other than that, I have nothing but good things about the phone. The only down side is when using the camera and there is a slight pause when going to snap the shot. It's really annoying, but it takes pretty good photos and videos..

So apparently it's a lot easier to root a phone, or at least the Atrix, with a PC. Finally got it done and I am HOOKED!

I've tried stock CM7, CM7-ICS and Neutrino (which I've themed up to be more like ICS).

I've noticed the biggest difference with Neutrino, even after adding syncing and live wallpapers. I especially loved how few apps were in the drawer after a fresh install.

It's almost time for bed and my phone's still at 44 percent, and that's with moderate to heavy use today. It's easily giving me at least DOUBLE the battery life of the stock motorla bloatware.

Much love for everyone over at XDA.

Anyone else with a rooted Atrix?

i'm rooted, but the bootloader is still locked. I'll probably unlock it and try CM9, as I'll have my new phone by then(bought the Atrix off contract, so I could still upgrade after the new year)

I have tried CM7 on my captivate, excited for CM9 on Atrix, I know they have pre alpha builds where not much works, so I'll just wait it out.

probably end up getting one of HTC's superphones in the new year, waiting on CES to make a decision.

Kawaii

Guys i need some help,

img.php

http://roydendro.nl/app/rotje-general.mp4

Would any of you be so kind to check if this video plays on your android phone?

I'm building an app but my current encoding is inconsistent in which phones are able to play it.

My current one:

Plays on:
- HTC desire HD
- HTC desire
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sony Ericson ARC
Not on:
- HTC Wildfire
- Galaxy Nexus

So i would like to test this video before releasing an update and because i just payed 30$ for a proper video converter.

Thanks in advance and if anyone can shed some light on why my current h.264 encoded video won't play on some devices i would be glad to receive some advice.

Guys i need some help,

img.php

I'm building an app but my current encoding is inconsistent in which phones are able to play it.

My current one:

Plays on:
- HTC desire HD
- HTC desire
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sony Ericson ARC
Not on:
- HTC Wildfire
- Galaxy Nexus

So i would like to test this video before releasing an update and because i just payed 30$ for a proper video converter.

Thanks in advance and if anyone can shed some light on why my current h.264 encoded video won't play on some devices i would be glad to receive some advice.

It worked on my Japanese NEC Medias N-04c

Kawaii

I played on my GN if I opened the link via Opera Mobile and downloaded the file.

Might not have been clear enough. The one i'm currently using in the app doesn't play on GN and Wildfire.

This one you are testing is a new one I might use in the next update.

Glad to hear this one plays on the Galaxy Nexus, would love some more input for users.

Also: is it ok to put a link to my app here (after i updated it) to ask for feedback or is that considered shameless promotion?

Danj

Guys i need some help,

img.php

My current one:

Plays on:
- HTC desire HD
- HTC desire
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sony Ericson ARC
Not on:
- HTC Wildfire
- Galaxy Nexus

Works OK on my LG Optimus 2X.

Al-ibn Kermit

Guys i need some help,

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=8&d=http://roydendro.nl/app/rotje-general.mp4[/IM

[url]http://roydendro.nl/app/rotje-general.mp4[/url]

My current one:

Plays on:
- HTC desire HD
- HTC desire
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sony Ericson ARC
Not on:
- HTC Wildfire
- Galaxy Nexus

Thanks in advance and if anyone can shed some light on why my current h.264 encoded video won't play on some devices i would be glad to receive some advice.[/QUOTE]

Happy new year to you too. It worked on my Epic Touch but it probably has the same video codecs as your gs2.

panda21

damn ICS on SGS2 is awesome. glad I didnt sell it for a nexus, it runs beautifully. the stock launcher is perfect.

once there is a build with micromophone working in calls i will use for daily

gcubed

*edit*

silly me.

All its going to do is push more and more people to a nexus phone. HTC pulled the same shit

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Guys i need some help,

img.php

My current one:

Plays on:
- HTC desire HD
- HTC desire
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sony Ericson ARC
Not on:
- HTC Wildfire
- Galaxy Nexus

Works on Galaxy Note

Ugh, need some help. Just bought a microusb to HDMI adapter for my Galaxy Nexus but it's not working. My Samsung TV gives me "No Signal". Is there anything I can do to make my phone output games to my TV?

Edit: Huh, it just started working by itself, lol. I am actually playing Sonic CD. On my TV. Via my cellphone. *mindblown.jpg*

Danj

Ugh, need some help. Just bought a microusb to HDMI adapter for my Galaxy Nexus but it's not working. My Samsung TV gives me "No Signal". Is there anything I can do to make my phone output games to my TV?

Edit: Huh, it just started working by itself, lol. I am actually playing Sonic CD. On my TV. Via my cellphone. *mindblown.jpg*

I gotta admit, having a phone that can output to a TV or monitor is a weird and novel experience for me too. I have an LG Optimus 2X which has a built in microHDMI port, and includes the cable in the box, so I tried it out for a bit. I can imagine it coming in handy for slideshows of photos on a big telly or something.

Kawaii

Thanks all for helping me. When the update goes live I'll write up a post to explain my app and maybe you guys can give some feedback.

jokkir

Anyone know why I can't download stuff on the market using my 3G connection? I keep getting an error 403 download cannot complete or something like that.

I'm on ICS 4.0.3 Nexus S and tried wiping market/downloads data, reverting to an older version of the market and the likes. Nothing seems to work.

rabhw

Anyone know why I can't download stuff on the market using my 3G connection? I keep getting an error 403 download cannot complete or something like that.

I'm on ICS 4.0.3 Nexus S and tried wiping market/downloads data, reverting to an older version of the market and the likes. Nothing seems to work.

I had the same issue, as did many others. The fix is to go into your APN settings and remove anything in the "proxy" field (second field I believe). Make it so that it's empty, save the APN settings. Maybe reboot, and it should work.

jokkir

I had the same issue, as did many others. The fix is to go into your APN settings and remove anything in the "proxy" field (second field I believe). Make it so that it's empty, save the APN settings. Maybe reboot, and it should work.

Ah, that worked. Thank you good sir :)

Should I save the old proxy data somewhere just in case?

Beezy

Are you using a wireless controller to play it? Is that possible?

Doopliss

I gotta admit, having a phone that can output to a TV or monitor is a weird and novel experience for me too. I have an LG Optimus 2X which has a built in microHDMI port, and includes the cable in the box, so I tried it out for a bit. I can imagine it coming in handy for slideshows of photos on a big telly or something.
When it becomes possible to do this wirelessly and is included in the majority of TVs as standard it'll be amazing.

Threi

notag
Guys i need some help,

img.php

My current one:

Plays on:
- HTC desire HD
- HTC desire
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Sony Ericson ARC
Not on:
- HTC Wildfire
- Galaxy Nexus

Plays fine on my infuse 4g (gs1 variant)

Circle T

Got the email this morning from Handtec that the White Galaxy Note is IN STOCK now. I'm ordering from the US. Do any other AndroidGAF Americans have any experience importing from them, or others places? I have the phone in my cart, one click away from purchase. Just want some input on how your importing phone experiences have been.

Kagami

Got the email this morning from Handtec that the White Galaxy Note is IN STOCK now. I'm ordering from the US. Do any other AndroidGAF Americans have any experience importing from them, or others places? I have the phone in my cart, one click away from purchase. Just want some input on how your importing phone experiences have been.
I ordered my black Galaxy Note to the U.S. from Handtec. It was my first time ordering from them. Nothing really special to say--it arrived without issue. FedEx sent a customs invoice later saying I don't owe any tariffs/customs fees on it.

Circle T

I ordered my black Galaxy Note to the U.S. from Handtec. It was my first time ordering from them. Nothing really special to say--it arrived without issue. FedEx sent a customs invoice later saying I don't owe any tariffs/customs fees on it.
Purchase Button: CLICKED

Thanks!

Flash

I manually uipdated to ICS on my AWS nexus S. Ive been noticing that markey place won't update apps (keeps giving me an error) and my email always opens and contains the following: soju-user 4.0.3 IML74K 239410 release-keys
(Sent from BugMailer).

Any help?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So - I was finally able to do a factory reset on my Atrix (I had to leave it off for a day as the reboots were happening so quickly I couldn't get to the "Reset My Phone" option). Everything seems to be okay so far. Only annoyance will be downloading the apps.

I hope we actually get ICS on this thing in the next few months...

Circle T

I used google checkout to buy mine from Handtec. Came the next day :p

Yea, I've tried both Google Checkout, and just their normal CC payment system. Doesn't matter either way, because once my bank gets the transaction, they decline it. I called them, and tried to straighten it out, and thought I did, but then it was declined again. Going to try again in a bit when I'm on lunch.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just bought my lunch with Google Wallet on my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Fuck Verizon.

3rdman

.....Or not. My credit card/bank is throwing a fit every time I try the purchase. Keep getting declined. Crap >:[

I've had ICS on my Captivate for a few weeks now. Runs great. Same guys have a i9000 ROM as well....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1363593

Sorry, I should have specified...I have a Galaxy S 4G which has a few differences. I don't think anyone is presently working on an ICS port of my phone at the moment but I'm sure that will change.

Circle T

Sorry, I should have specified...I have a Galaxy S 4G which has a few differences. I don't think anyone is presently working on an ICS port of my phone at the moment but I'm sure that will change.
Oh, then yea, that certainly changes things. Bummer :(

MrBig

There was someone in here who posted about having extra dev options on their honeycomb; how do you enable these? I'd like to decrease the animation speed, but can't figure out how to access those menus.

There was someone in here who posted about having extra dev options on their honeycomb; how do you enable these? I'd like to decrease the animation speed, but can't figure out how to access those menus.

Settings > (scroll down to) Developer Options > (scroll down to) Animation Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom