• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
What are the best widgets for sms/calls/ etc?

What's the best quickreply app (is this useful)?

What's the best NextBus app (preferably without ads)?

Dice player. As far as the nexus is concerned, its the only player that matters. Full hardware acceleration.

Unfortunately Dice player is not currently available for purchase and my trial has expired. BS Player has handled everything I've tossed at it. On a related note, how do I backup my apps so I can reinstall it from local storage after a restore? I'd hate to lose a good paid app because Google fucked with the developers.

kinggroin

Banned
What are the best widgets for sms/calls/ etc?

What's the best quickreply app (is this useful)?

What's the best NextBus app (preferably without ads)?

Unfortunately Dice player is not currently available for purchase and my trial has expired. BS Player has handled everything I've tossed at it. On a related note, how do I backup my apps so I can reinstall it from local storage after a restore? I'd hate to lose a good paid app because Google fucked with the developers.

BS is my backup player, but it can't handle apple trailers in 1080p smoothly.

I just ordered an Ainol Novo 7 basic with Android 4.0.1.

Processor . . . . . . . . . . . . JZ4770 (Xburst) 1GHz / GPU: GC860
RAM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 512MB RAM
Flash Memory . . . . . . . . . 8GB
Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 inch TFT, 800 X 480 pixels
Screen Operation . . . . . . 5 points Capacitive touch screen
Video Output . . . . . . . . . . HDMI 1080p
Peripherals Support . . . . . USB port
Wireless . . . . . . . . . . . . . WiFi 802.11b/g
Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . Front 0.3M, Black 2MP
G-Sensor . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes
Battery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4000mAH, 3.7V

Very exited. Can't wait for it to arrive. I payed ¥12,000.

novo7_3.png

BS player has been updated for Android 4.0.

I cant find BS player pro in the Market—only the lite version. Whats the price?

I was using BS player lite....I had no issue playing HD videos with the GS2.

I tried dice player trial with the galaxy nexus and it still couldn't handle it...

I'm really disappointed with the performance of the galaxy nexus. Even with ICS I still find touchwiz better....

I"m actually using Nova launcher on the galaxy nexus because plain ICS just lack so much options...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I just ordered an Ainol Novo 7 basic with Android 4.0.1.

Processor . . . . . . . . . . . . JZ4770 (Xburst) 1GHz / GPU: GC860
RAM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 512MB RAM
Flash Memory . . . . . . . . . 8GB
Screen . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7 inch TFT, 800 X 480 pixels
Screen Operation . . . . . . 5 points Capacitive touch screen
Video Output . . . . . . . . . . HDMI 1080p
Peripherals Support . . . . . USB port
Wireless . . . . . . . . . . . . . WiFi 802.11b/g
Camera . . . . . . . . . . . . . Front 0.3M, Black 2MP
G-Sensor . . . . . . . . . . . . Yes
Battery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4000mAH, 3.7V

Very exited. Can't wait for it to arrive. I payed ¥12,000.

novo7_3.png

Ooh let us know how it is!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Random Question:

lately every time I answer the phone it comes up in SPEAKER mode. How do I... fix that. Tried call settings but I find no option =/

kehs

Banned
Android devices are showing up under you google account dashboard btw. With information about what data apps have backed up to google servers. Pretty cool.

dashboard.jpg

panda21

new CM9 alpha is awesome :D

getting the 'couldnt install to usb storage or sd card' error when I try to install big apps though :( not sure if its just an alpha thing, or if something else is wrong.

kehs

Banned
I hope, at some point, they give us a way to remove devices from our account. I have quite a few unused devices in there that I would like to remove, and no way to do so.

I actually have a transformer tied to another account that I occasionally use with the account from the screenshot(which doesn't show the transformer). The device disappears from my market account settings a few days after I remove the account from the device.

Circle T

I actually have a transformer tied to another account that I occasionally use with the account from the screenshot(which doesn't show the transformer). The device disappears from my market account settings a few days after I remove the account from the device.

I wish that would happen with mine. My Captivate, somehow, shows up twice, and a few of my older work phones still show up as well.

When should I be expecting ICS for my Nexus S in the UK?

Update it manually if you're really eager to get it. It doesn't take a long time at all and it's a lot more efficient than just waiting for Google to queue your device up in the servers if you want it sooner rather than later.

Instructions here: http://www.talkandroid.com/79353-want-to-manually-update-your-nexus-s-heres-how/

I did this and it took fifteen minutes tops. UK Nexus S on O2 PAYG SIM. Works perfectly. Hope that helps. :)

Cruceh

Banned
I wish that would happen with mine. My Captivate, somehow, shows up twice, and a few of my older work phones still show up as well.

Yeah, my Vibrant shows up twice. Plus, they have two different IMEIs. I have no idea how that happened since I didn't do anything beside flashing ROMs.

Circle T

Yeah, my Vibrant shows up twice. Plus, they have two different IMEIs. I have no idea how that happened since I didn't do anything beside flashing ROMs.

HAHA, that is exactly the same for me. No clue how that happened, but it's annoying. Like you, though, it was at some point during my multitude of ROM flashes.

So I just bought my first smart phone, the Galaxy S II on T-mobile. I didn't do much research on it but I heard i was good. Any tips/suggestions for a new user?

Also if I'm connected to wi-fi it won't use any of my data right? Seems like a stupid question but I really don't know anything.

jayb

So I just bought my first smart phone, the Galaxy S II on T-mobile. I didn't do much research on it but I heard i was good. Any tips/suggestions for a new user?

Also if I'm connected to wi-fi it won't use any of my data right? Seems like a stupid question but I really don't know anything.
Right. Wifi doesn't use any of your data allotment.

After a few days with ice cream sandwich and getting the hang of it, I actually think its pretty dayam nice.

I was able to do fine without app drawer folders. Using nova launcher allow me to have a clean home page that shows off the amazing screen.

6617341677_5bd7061626.jpg

Pctx

Banned
I'm saying there will be a 99% chance it is Qualcomm. The Skyrocket also has 21mbps HSPA+ and LTE, so unless Samsung has some new chipset to use, it will likely be similar inside.

*Edit*

Exactly

A lot of people are bummed that it is not the Sammy Exynos but in order for AT&T to justify the LTE devices, they are stuck with Qualcomm until Sammy brings the pain later in Q2 with their own LTE chipset.

I've used both the GS2 and the Skyrocket and I honestly can't tell a difference. I also don't care about benchmarks which don't do me a spit lick of good. Very happy with my Skyrocket's performance.

I may however change my tune once LTE lights up in Portland and my battery starts making baby crying noises....

VanWinkle

I'm really hating Verizon. First they didn't get Galaxy SII (Nexus made up for that), and now they don't have the Note? Urgh! Plus they have a terrible selection (read: one low to mid-range model) of WP7 phones. If AT&T had better service where I live, I would switch without hesitation.

Could be worse. Could be paying $2 per bill.

Is there a decent thread/website/forum out there for just Android Tab apps/wallpapers/customisation/etc?

Just got a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and am loving it but a lot of people are either talking phones or just general apps. I want some great tab specific apps/games/customisation/backgrounds/lockscreens/all that good shit!

I'm really hating Verizon. First they didn't get Galaxy SII (Nexus made up for that), and now they don't have the Note? Urgh! Plus they have a terrible selection (read: one low to mid-range model) of WP7 phones. If AT&T had better service where I live, I would switch without hesitation.

Nobody has the Galaxy Note. It's not due for release state-side until this year.

Also, nobody cares about WP7. That's why Verizon doesn't carry any WP7 devices worth mentioning, they already have the most Android devices of any US carrier and they have the iPhone. They also have 128 markets live on LTE already and will have 75% of the nation covered with glorious blisteringly-fast
battery-killing
LTE speed by the end of this year. They don't need anything else to continue their utter humilation of AT&T at this point.

Blackhead

Redarse
N7000ATT.png

well, there you go:

http://www.sammobile.com/2012/01/01/exclusive-product-picture-galaxy-note-att-nfc/

over/under it'll be Snapdragon'd? (b/c of LTE)

Ugh, why would they give it 4 capacitive buttons when it's getting ICS a few weeks after launch (unless AT&T knows something we don't...)? The capactive buttons are also a usability problem when using the S-pen... and there are no changes to the pen itself—they should have used this opportunity to make the button more tactile. :( Maybe Samsung will make one for T-mobile that fixes all these?

rozay

Banned
GLONASS being in the specifications should prove without a doubt that it's a snapdragon.

Kind of unfortunate that there are capactive buttons but its probably still possible to enable the soft buttons.

sturmdogg

Is there a decent thread/website/forum out there for just Android Tab apps/wallpapers/customisation/etc?

Just got a Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus and am loving it but a lot of people are either talking phones or just general apps. I want some great tab specific apps/games/customisation/backgrounds/lockscreens/all that good shit!

Did you try the OP?

Ugh, why would they give it 4 capacitive buttons when it's getting ICS a few weeks after launch (unless AT&T knows something we don't...)? The capactive buttons are also a usability problem when using the S-pen... and there are no changes to the pen itself—they should have used this opportunity to make the button more tactile. :( Maybe Samsung will make one for T-mobile that fixes all these?

What would it use until ICS comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom