• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Zapages said:
There is no vibrate for text message under message settings. Very strange. :(

Vibrate only? I left my GSII at home, but I thought it was in volume settings...

Is it just me or is it practically impossible to use the mobile version of the site? I can't see what I'm typing and reaching the post button is a fucking nightmare.

This is on a Galaxy S II btw

Ocho

toasty_T said:
Is it just me or is it practically impossible to use the mobile version of the site? I can't see what I'm typing and reaching the post button is a fucking nightmare.

This is on a Galaxy S II btw
Browser? You mean secondsapps.com/neogaf?

SimleuqiR said:
Goddammit I hate that fucking name! I hate Samsung.

It just sounds bad.

Galaxy ____

Nexus ____

Galaxy Nexus.......no. If anything it should be Nexus 3, A Galaxy S phone. Even that sucks. Leave Galaxy out of this, Samsung.

Donos

Radec said:
Topping GS2 is a given.

Topping 4S is a pipedream though.

Damn, still have to lower my head in shame on the train when facing a Ip4s user?

I don't really care about the delay of the reveal,if the prime is available end of october / early november. We already know most of the stuff.

I'm a bit alarmed that BGR is running with Eldar's rumor. This is the guy who said LG was making a Nexus tablet that would ship before the end of the summer.

BumRush

All, US Newspapers is an AWESOME free app that stores a ton of newspapers in one location. Very handy if you like to regularly check specific sources.

Zapages

DrFunk said:
Vibrate only? I left my GSII at home, but I thought it was in volume settings...

Its for school and in lab.

kinggroin said:
Known issue with gs2s

Use either opera or boat browse

What the best browser for galaxy S2? I am using the stock browser for Neogaf.

MarkMclovin said:
Under the Sound menu setting, if you have Vibrate > Always, it will vibrate for all notifications and calls.

Thank you. :)

Also is there any way to get the in call speaker mode volume to increase.

gcubed

Vyse The Legend said:
I'm a bit alarmed that BGR is running with Eldar's rumor. This is the guy who said LG was making a Nexus tablet that would ship before the end of the summer.

It's BGR. The story makes no sense so to run with it makes you look like a dufus. Seriously, what has changed in the last week or two on the IP front to make google push this off? The phone is nothing like an iphone, the software issues that Samsung has been getting hit with on the SGS2 is touchwiz specific functionality. Its not anything with MS as Samsung already has a deal in place with them, so... is google going to rewrite the entire code source and get rid of java? Whats left?

kinggroin

Banned
Donos said:
Damn, still have to lower my head in shame on the train when facing a Ip4s user?

I don't really care about the delay of the reveal,if the prime is available end of october / early november. We already know most of the stuff.

The cpu in the prime will more than likely be faster. So, chin up.

SimleuqiR

http://www.androidguys.com/2011/10/11/bolt-beta-arrives-android-market-30-release/

Bolt Browser, an alternative web client for Android that we've profiled a few times, has finally come out of beta. Arriving in the Android Market today, this v3.0 release works on any Android phone or tablet running 1.6 or higher. If this final, public version is anything like its beta predecessors then Android users are in for a real treat.

Market Link: http://goo.gl/fgxSA

Anyone has tried this browser before?

SimleuqiR

kinggroin said:
Just did. Its pretty awful. If you're interested in client server browsers, you're better of with opera mini/mobile

Wow, didn't notice it was one of those. Not interested in client server browsers.

I'll just wait for The Return of the King (Chrome on Android).

gcubed said:
It's BGR. The story makes no sense so to run with it makes you look like a dufus. Seriously, what has changed in the last week or two on the IP front to make google push this off? The phone is nothing like an iphone, the software issues that Samsung has been getting hit with on the SGS2 is touchwiz specific functionality. Its not anything with MS as Samsung already has a deal in place with them, so... is google going to rewrite the entire code source and get rid of java? Whats left?

I agree 100%.

Also, the name "Galaxy Nexus" is quite possibly the worst name ever.

Finally, Samsung's UK sales director said the announcement is coming very soon.

Here is his quote after receiving an award for their Galaxy SII:

“You will have an announcement of the Nexus Prime very shortly and will be seeing it in shops sooner than you think”

Notice he calls it the "Nexus Prime," not Galaxy Nexus. Hopefully, Galaxy Nexus is the Verizon version.

Donos

kinggroin said:
The cpu in the prime will more than likely be faster. So, chin up.

Just joking. I don't give a crap if another phone has some benchmark numbers more. I also think the IP4 (and S) are really good phones. Just don't like the high horse attitude of some Apple ppl on the train when i pull out my HTC and they look at it as if it's some 50€ trash phone.

Prime will be will be fast and powerful and looks good. And will have a better battery than my HTC Desire HD with its tiny 1200mAh...And i'm on the "4.3/4.5 diplays are perfect" camp. Perfect for reading my ebooks (Aldiko is the best Android App btw).
I like the form factor of the prime and the ICS tidbits i saw from the "leak" don't worry me at all.
Happy all around.

So i had my first "malware" incident with my phone. Somehow every site i wanted to visit (stock browser) instantly changed to a vodafone site. My bookmarks too. Cleared the cache and it was fine. Strange. Tried "Antivirus Free" (i know lol) App but this fucker eats to much energy for my taste. Uninstalled it. Still think that a antivrus program is not really needed for phones know. maybe in half a year and later when smartphones sales are higher.

kehs

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
Notice he calls it the "Nexus Prime," not Galaxy Nexus. Hopefully, Galaxy Nexus is the Verizon version.

Verizon passed up the GS II for the Razr, not a Nexus variant that everyone else is getting.

/prediction

Donos

Copernicus said:
Verizon passed up the GS II for the Razr, not a Nexus variant that everyone else is getting.

/prediction

Btw, what happened to the new/rumored razr? Was this one pic everything we got so far ? my ex girlfriend would buy everything which bears the name razr.

kehs

Banned
gcubed said:
Different manufacturer

Why try to get an exclusive Samsung device, when Google themselves are putting together a Samsung device that people are going to want and will be compatible on your network anyway?

Verizon can take the savings from marketing two devices (Galaxy Nexus Prime Droid and Droid Razr), and focus it all on the Razr, for all the OG droid users that are finishing up their two year contracts.

/armchair marketing guy

reKon

Banned
so I find it amusing that the iPhone 4S is destroying every other android phone in the benchmarks with it's underclocked CPU (while STILL having the highest battery life).

i'm convinced that if it had at least a 4 inch screen, a jailbroken iPhone 4S, would possibly the best phone you could have...

gcubed

Copernicus said:
Why try to get an exclusive Samsung device, when Google themselves are putting together a Samsung device that people are going to want and will be compatible on your network anyway?

Verizon can take the savings from marketing two devices (Galaxy Nexus Prime Droid and Droid Razr), and focus it all on the Razr, for all the OG droid users that are finishing up their two year contracts.

/armchair marketing guy

because motorola sucks.

reKon said:
so I find it amusing that the iPhone 4S is destroying every other android phone in the benchmarks with it's underclocked CPU (while STILL having the highest battery life).

i'm convinced that if it had at least a 4 inch screen, a jailbroken iPhone 4S, would possibly the best phone you could have...

GPU power, not CPU.

kehs

Banned
gcubed said:
because motorola sucks.

DROOOOOOOOOOID ......... RAZOR

hello moto.

reKon said:

The iPhones (any of them) are the best phones you could have.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Boy I wish we were having a hot new phone dropped on us from above right about now.

kehs

Banned
Since there's no thread for CTIA, and I suck at threads, I'll make my lame jokes here:

ctiafall11keynote0070.jpg

Cloud is stealing our babies.

SimleuqiR

Copernicus said:
Since there's no thread for CITA, and I suck at threads, I'll make my lame jokes here:

ctiafall11keynote0070.jpg

Cloud is stealing our babies.

This image just reminds me of how much fun I'm having playing Portal 2.

gcubed

Copernicus said:
DROOOOOOOOOOID ......... RAZOR

hello moto.

The iPhones (any of them) are the best phones you could have.

when they release. They have roughly 6 months of dominance in them until they get caught up, which is quite impressive for a once a year revision vs a number of companies all trying to outspec each other

Just decided to run SunSpider on my Galaxy S with stock and the Opeara Mobile 11.5

Stock - 7194
Opera 11.5 - 3078

Lame stock browser, lame.

i know, i know... benchmarks aren't a true test of a phones capability, as its easy enough to cheat in them. It's real world performance which counts. But still....

Shock and awe: Eldar was wrong -- again.

Update: He’s wrong. We’ve heard from an impeccable source that Google plans to have invites out “in the next day or so” and there is no patent delay.

Source: 9-to-5 Mac

It's hilarious that an Apple site is coming to Google's "defense" on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom