• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimleuqiR

Vyse The Legend said:
Shock and awe: Eldar was wrong -- again.

Source: 9-to-5 Mac

It's hilarious that an Apple site is coming to Google's "defense" on this matter.

I think Google would rather ask for forgiveness than ask for permission, when it comes to patent issues that is.

I don't think that would ever stop them from releasing this phone.

gcubed

SimleuqiR said:
I think Google would rather ask for forgiveness than ask for permission, when it comes to patent issues that is.

I don't think that would ever stop them from releasing this phone.

it hasn't stopped them since android came into existence, no idea why it would stop them now.

Pctx

Banned
gcubed said:
The real question becomes...

Do i get my Xoom back from shitorola or get my Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Autobot
Unpossible. In fact it's probably been sold on the black market already.

gcubed said:
i for one am shocked at this news
Seriously, someone should take Twitter away from Eldar. He's a clown and now he looks like an even bigger idiot, after explaining that the patent war between Apple and Samsung was about the Galaxy S III (as in 3) vs. the iPhone 5 this Fall.

e: Found it:

@eldarmurtazin: Apple lawsuit against Samsung isnt about current/old products. Thats the battle between iPhone 5 and SGS3 (Autumn 2011). So similar phones

gcubed

Pctx said:
Unpossible. In fact it's probably been sold on the black market already.

I dont doubt it, i'm fully expecting a cardboard shell in my fedex box when i finally get it, complete with a sticker saying 4G.

@eldarmurtazin: Apple lawsuit against Samsung isnt about current/old products. Thats the battle between iPhone 5 and SGS3 (Autumn 2011). So similar phones

Damn, SGS 3 launched already??

Damn that Christina Agluiera hogging all the limelight
and pies

sionyboy said:
Damn, SGS 3 launched already??

Damn that Christina Agluiera hogging all the limelight
and pies

He's always good for a laugh.

@eldarmurtazin: May be someone want to.buy out RIM and crashing blackberry price? But how it possible with bb servers?

And interesting theory, I must say. But that's something for the BlackBerry OT. There's one, right?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I just used swype for the first time.

Dear God, what sorcery is this?!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
NinjaFridge said:
I just used swype for the first time.

Dear God, what sorcery is this?!
I just started using TouchPal and its crazy. It took some getting use to but I'm flying now and its great. The best thing is being able to just use one hand.

LegoArmo

I can't decide what I like more Swype or SwiftKey, when I first started using Swype it seemed like it got every word right, first time, but over time, errors became more and more common. I don't know why.

SwiftKey seems to save me a lot of key presses, a whole lot.

LegoArmo said:
I can't decide what I like more Swype or SwiftKey, when I first started using Swype it seemed like it got every word right, first time, but over time, errors became more and more common. I don't know why.

I hope that Blindtype is integrated into ICS. It's been a long time coming.

Donos

LegoArmo said:

Tried swype for a while but for me swiftkey is way better.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I've been using Thumb Keyboard's WP7 layout and loving it. SwiftKey and Swype are nice, but I'm in love with the WP7 clone. And the keypress sound is awesome.

Lesiroth

sionyboy said:
Just decided to run SunSpider on my Galaxy S with stock and the Opeara Mobile 11.5

Stock - 7194
Opera 11.5 - 3078

Lame stock browser, lame.

i know, i know... benchmarks aren't a true test of a phones capability, as its easy enough to cheat in them. It's real world performance which counts. But still....
That's because Opera Mobile IS the best browser for Android.

Radec said:
Topping GS2 is a given.

Topping 4S is a pipedream though.

Coming below the GS2 is a given. It uses the same GPU as the Optimus 3D, just at higher clocks. Of course, these are off screen benchmarks, which discounts the fact that in real world scenarios it will have to push much higher resolutions than any of the competing devices, dropping it below everything but the iPhone 4 ( and occasionally the original Galaxy) in actual real world gaming performance.

gcubed

brain_stew said:
Coming below the GS2 is a given. It uses the same GPU as the Optimus 3D, just at higher clocks. Of course, these are off screen benchmarks, which discounts the fact that in real world scenarios it will have to push much higher resolutions than any of the competing devices, dropping it below everything but the iPhone 4 ( and occasionally the original Galaxy) in actual real world gaming performance.
Highly doubtful

Pain in the ass to bold on my phone, above in re: last sentence

tino

Banned
Nobody wants to talk about T-Mobile SpringBoard/Huawei MediaPad?

It's actually the first 1280X800 7" tablet to the market. It beats the Samsung 7.7" in time and price. If it has a sd card slot, I will get it to replace my Galaxy Tab. Huawei has come a long way from the crappy Ideos stuff.

P.S. I was a little bit pissed when I deleted the "Galaxy Prime" entry off my calendar today. This was the first time ever I put a fucking press event on my calendar.

kehs

Banned
tino said:
Nobody wants to talk about T-Mobile SpringBoard/Huawei MediaPad?

It's actually the first 1280X800 7" tablet to the market. It beats the Samsung 7.7" in time and price. If it has a sd card slot, I will get it to replace my Galaxy Tab. Huawei has come a long way from the crappy Ideos stuff.

P.S. I was a little bit pissed when I deleted the "Galaxy Prime" entry off my calendar today. This was the first time ever I put a fucking press event on my calendar.

They probably canceled it because you penciled it in as Galaxy Prime instead of Nexus Prime.

Jeff-DSA

Cipherr said:
Damn.... Samsung Galaxy S2 for $99 already. Shit is bananas. I know its been out overseas for a while but still, damn that is craaaaazy how fast this stuff moves. Amazing phone for someone new to smartphones and an amazing entry price as well. Good stuff.

It's a great phone, period. I may jump on this. Going to go talk to the wife about getting her one too...

MNC

How do I add a bookmark from Opera Mini to my android homescreen? I need to remove the second delay to get to GAF on secondapps :p!

Doopliss

MNC said:
How do I add a bookmark from Opera Mini to my android homescreen? I need to remove the second delay to get to GAF on secondapps :p!
Long press on the homescreen, add a normal bookmark, set it to open with Opera Mini by default.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
^Thats the best thread title ever for when we do get the announcement.

Emily Chu

Banned
fuck sakes just call it motherfuck GOOGLE NEXUS PRIME and be done with it...

xyBiR.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
Emily Chu said:
fuck sakes just call it motherfuck GOOGLE NEXUS PRIME and be done with it...

http://i.imgur.com/xyBiR.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

They probably are going to call it just that, it's just all these rumors are adding their own spin to the truth.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that people are just guessing shit as the announcement comes. The move from Droid Prime -> Nexus Prime -> Galaxy Nexus is just people stringing together the three things we know and making shit up. No way they go from Nexus 1 and Nexus S to Galaxy Nexus. The 'galaxy' addition is just people adding that because Samsung is making it.

I'm beyond confused on what the best Droid is that's out today and what's in the pipeline. I've got the original Droid X and it's turned into a big piece of shit. Battery cover falls off and crashes like a mofo. I'm seriously thinking about moving back to the iPhone or getting a Blackberry for work.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Superblatt said:
I'm beyond confused on what the best Droid is that's out today and what's in the pipeline. I've got the original Droid X and it's turned into a big piece of shit. Battery cover falls off and crashes like a mofo. I'm seriously thinking about moving back to the iPhone or getting a Blackberry for work.
Hmm, I'd definitely recommend an iPhone over a Blackberry. But yeah as far as best right now, pretty much anything with a qhd display and dual core processor will keep you set for at least 18 months.

If you can, its best to wait until the end of the month. By that time the next generation will be well known.

Jtwo said:
Hmm, I'd definitely recommend an iPhone over a Blackberry. But yeah as far as best right now, pretty much anything with a qhd display and dual core processor will keep you set for at least 18 months.

If you can, its best to wait until the end of the month. By that time the next generation will be well known.

so everyone believes the nextgen is really that close? What phones are cutting edge today and available now? Also, won't new droid phones appear to be faster than the 4S solely because they'll actually be running on an LTE network?

Oozer3993

DMeisterJ said:
They probably are going to call it just that, it's just all these rumors are adding their own spin to the truth.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that people are just guessing shit as the announcement comes. The move from Droid Prime -> Nexus Prime -> Galaxy Nexus is just people stringing together the three things we know and making shit up. No way they go from Nexus 1 and Nexus S to Galaxy Nexus. The 'galaxy' addition is just people adding that because Samsung is making it.

Photos uploaded to Picasa from Google employees, including 1 on the Android team, are tagged in the EXIF data as coming from the "Galaxy Nexus."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom