• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the HTC Incredible now and we went to the Verizon store today we were talking to the guy for like an hour and then later find out that the Droid Razr Maxx is buy one get one free. Me and my mom have the same phone, you guys think that phone is good for an upgrade. I kinda wanted an Iphone but I know about bad battery lifes and this phone looks like it might be the one to end that. They will have to ship it cause they didn't have anymore but you guys think that phone will be good for me.

You won't be disappointed with the Razr Maxx. I also went from the Incredbile to the Maxx. Best reception and best battery life. Excellent build quality. I get 4G connection on my Maxx everywhere in my work building while my co-workers GNex only gets 3G (both verizon network). I went clubbing with another friend who also has a Gnex and I was able to get 3G sometimes switching to 1X while he got no reception. I can use the phone all day anyway I want without worrying about the battery dying on me and it's still very slim and sleek. You know what I mean with the big ass hump on the incredible with the extended battery.

You won't be disappointed with the Razr Maxx. I also went from the Incredbile to the Maxx. Best reception and best battery life. Excellent build quality. I get 4G connection on my Maxx everywhere in my work building while my co-workers GNex only gets 3G (both verizon network). I went clubbing with another friend who also has a Gnex and I was able to get 3G sometimes switching to 1X while he got no reception. I can use the phone all day anyway I want without worrying about the battery dying on me and it's still very slim and sleek. You know what I mean with the big ass hump on the incredible with the extended battery.

Yeah sounds awesome man, thanks.

JCX

Any good android portable media players (like an iPod touch)? I'm looking for one with a god unified media playback system.

rozay

Banned
How do you hold a phone? Zero bezel would be ok with me and how I hold a phone. I certainly don't pinch the phone like I would a tablet.
iphone-4-reception-issues_211.jpg

A phone without a bezel would be terribly unergonomic. There's a reason it's there.

Why doesn't the HTC Edge/Endeavor have LTE?? It's rumored to be on Verizon, yet details leak that it's only got an HSPA+ radio. It'll probably go to T-Mo. AT&T is not helping me at all lately.

I just want a phone that ticks all the boxes... /frustation

Circle T

I do.

Capacitive buttons and onscreen buttons have the same problems. When I say hardware buttons I mean physical buttons.

One of the best features of my old Droid Charge was its physical buttons. They had a great little click to them, and you never were in question if you pressed them. I do miss them.

Some questions, friends:

1) I've rooted my i777 Galaxy S2, and I'm currently running the Unnamed rom on it. Is there something better out there I should be using instead?

2) I want to get a 7 inch tablet. Is there something on the horizon I should be looking out for? Or something out now? I was just going to get a Nook and root it, but I saw that Asus announced the MeMo 370T for $249 last month.

jokkir

Anyone know what "FriendMapWidget" is on ICS? It keeps randomly turning on for no reason even when I clear all the data on maps. I thought that should have fixed it but nope.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Installed ICS Passion v13 on my Vibrant, gonna give Chrome a try. I hope Passion v 13 is better than v11. It is such a bitch to switch ROMs and restore all your stuff.

Al-ibn Kermit

2) I want to get a 7 inch tablet. Is there something on the horizon I should be looking out for? Or something out now? I was just going to get a Nook and root it, but I saw that Asus announced the MeMo 370T for $249 last month.
I think you should wait for the Asus, it costs as much as the nook color but has a much faster processor and I believe a better display. I can't think of any other 7 inch tablet coming out.

Installed ICS Passion v13 on my Vibrant, gonna give Chrome a try. I hope Passion v 13 is better than v11. It is such a bitch to switch ROMs and restore all your stuff.

Starting with v10 you don't have to wipe your phone when upgrading. Just clear your cache (regular and Dalvik) and install the ROM.

iavi

Chrome's UI blows all the other mobile browsers out of the water, with elegance, seriously. It's not as fast as the standard ICS browser yet, and I have run into a few funky issues with pages, but damn... that ui is the epitome of intuitive. Can't wait till things are up to par.

So I took my Razr Maxx off the charger this morning at 6am and 11.5 hours later with 1 hour on screen time mostly texting and responding to corporate email, had 3 phone calls about a few minutes each, and some light web browsing, I have 86% battery left. Granted I was on WiFi for about 70% of the time with the rest on LTE, this is insane battery life.

So I took my Razr Maxx off the charger this morning at 6am and 11.5 hours later with 1 hour on screen time mostly texting and responding to corporate email, had 3 phone calls about a few minutes each, and some light web browsing, I have 86% battery left. Granted I was on WiFi for about 70% of the time with the rest on LTE, this is insane battery life.

dayam that is insane.....now phone manufacturers shouldn't have an excuse for having crappy battery life..

iavi

Yeah, this is nuts. And should be standard for all phones.

clav

That's what made me think to ask here. My 3VO is falling apart already. I'm likely going with whichever Galaxy S or Nexus is newest next time I buy a phone.

Sprint's getting the Nexus in the summer, so that will be a while.

Cake Boss

Banned
Hey guys I have a problem.

My friends Galaxy Nexus cant connect to my buddys wifi because the password wep code is 26 digits long and it wont let him enter anymore digits after the 12th one. I have the same phone and I dont have the problem. He disabled a keyboard app he used and still not working.

Yeah I am glad I am getting this phone should come here on Tuesday. Think it is necessary to get a screen protector. The guy talked us into a screen protector I never really used them before.

rozay

Banned
I can't say I'm a fan of motorola's android efforts but that's seriously impressive. I hope other manufacturers use similar large batteries with their new phones.

Yeah I am glad I am getting this phone should come here on Tuesday. Think it is necessary to get a screen protector. The guy talked us into a screen protector I never really used them before.

I used to use a screen protector on my droid incredible when I first got it until the protector started to get scratches on it. Took it off and haven't used one since. The Maxx has gorilla glass so it won't scratch too easily. Also feels better without it.

Anyone see the HTC Endeavor?

ICS
Tegra 3 quad CPU
4.7inch 720p screen with capacitive buttons so no on screen buttons taking up precious real estate.

The top part of back cover looks kinda ugly though.

Endeavor

zedge

SNL did a great sketch making fun of Verizon commercials and the ridiculousness of android device names.

What should they be calling them. Its not like Apple where there is only one phone and tablet, its multiple manufacturers with different products. Skit was funny though.

:shrug:

Mafro

For no apparent reason I've stopped getting notifications from the Facebook app on my Galaxy Nexus. It was working fine up until a few days ago. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Seems it's happened to a few folk on the Android Central forums too.

Gabyskra

Banned
For no apparent reason I've stopped getting notifications from the Facebook app on my Galaxy Nexus. It was working fine up until a few days ago. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Seems it's happened to a few folk on the Android Central forums too.

Same. UK GN, 16gb, ICS 4.0.2 official, no root.

I used to use a screen protector on my droid incredible when I first got it until the protector started to get scratches on it. Took it off and haven't used one since. The Maxx has gorilla glass so it won't scratch too easily. Also feels better without it.

Yeah true, my mom is getting the same phone see how it is on her phone before I put it on mine.

have you been able to root the RazrMaxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom