• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming you're on your computer right now.

https://market.android.com/details?...NvZnR3YXJlLmFuZHJvaWQuc3RlYW0uY29tbXVuaXR5Il0.

Go to that link and log in to your gmail account, then press the install button. That would do everything for you. It automagically sends the app to your phone as long as your phone is turned on.

It tells me there are no Android devices associated with this account. I'm pretty sure I connected my phone with this Google account too, so I don't know what the hell is wrong.

Ashhong

Seems like a waste to me. No scratches on my Evo after almost 2 years, and I keep it in pockets with keys/coins and drop it occasionally. I've chipped the casing, but the screen is pristine. Before I bought the phone I remember seeing videos of guys taking razor blades to the glass and failing to scratch it.

I've seen the videos and such, but I don't believe it. I have yet to see a 100% pristine screen. I'm not just talking the usual scratch, but any kind of light hazing etc. I don't know, for roughly 10$ per protector (I actually get the full body protection, not just the screen), I prefer to have the peace of mind that it wont scratch.

Sarcasm

It tells me there are no Android devices associated with this account. I'm pretty sure I connected my phone with this Google account too, so I don't know what the hell is wrong.

What phone do you have and what firmware? You also need to enable use this device as a backup or something so you can see it on the website.

If you have let unknown sources install checked you can side load the apk file (you find it on web and put it on phone, than file browse to it)

Sarcasm

Samsung Captivate on AT&T. I'm not sure what firmware I have but I've attempted to update recently and I got some kind of error.

You can go to Settings > About Phone should say in there. If its 2.3.X you should be able to go to something like: Settings > privacy for the back up my data. That should get you to see your phone on the market (also check that your using a google account that is tied to the phone and is "master")

Steam requires Android 2.1 and up (which I think you should be fine).

Also any resolution guru I don't fully understand this stuff.

I have a Galaxy Note (Int'l one - white) which is 1280x800.

I want to watch a video, would 720 be better than 1080 reso video? I tried a 1080 and I get pretty thick black bars.

leadbelly

Banned

Also any resolution guru I don't fully understand this stuff.

I have a Galaxy Note (Int'l one - white) which is 1280x800.

I want to watch a video, would 720 be better than 1080 reso video? I tried a 1080 and I get pretty thick black bars.

Not sure what your problem is but it is exactly the same aspect ratio. Obviously 1280x800 is a 16:10 aspect ratio. There is going to be lines.

My friend was unfortunate enough to get a Samsung Transform that he's stuck with for another year. I'd like to make it better? Are there any instructions on how to root a Samsung Transform? And, if so what ROM should I flash to it?

Or is he stuck with a shitty phone forever?

OK, the rest of the phone is pretty meh, but the unlock method on the new LG Optimus 4X is sweet as hell. It's sort of like the circle unlock in Honeycomb, or on the Galaxy Note, but you can unlock from anywhere, and when you drag out the circle, it reveals the homescreen desktop beneath it. Really a nice touch....

http://youtu.be/vXvKWZxG5PY

"in 3 minutes the battery lost 3% ????? the biggest fail ever. " lol from YT

I keep seeing the Galaxy Nexus listed as Titanium Silver, is that its colour code/name or am I missing something here?

On a related note; how does this phone hold up against say the S2? Has anyone experienced any problems with the phone? How good/bad the battery life is?

Reviews don't give me much to be honest, sometimes I learn more from asking on forums. In case anyone thinks my questions are somewhat stupid. (Which they're, somewhat.)

Thanks dude. And all of his apps will stay there? No need for redownloading?

correct. installing just a custom recovery and pre-rooted kernel won't do anything to his apps.

if he decides to try a custom rom though, those will usually wipe the device. for that, he would use something like titanium backup or a nandroid backup to backup before flashing a custom rom and restoring apps and their data after.

gcubed

I keep seeing the Galaxy Nexus listed as Titanium Silver, is that its colour code/name or am I missing something here?

On a related note; how does this phone hold up against say the S2? Has anyone experienced any problems with the phone? How good/bad the battery life is?

Reviews don't give me much to be honest, sometimes I learn more from asking on forums. In case anyone thinks my questions are somewhat stupid. (Which they're, somewhat.)

Thats the color. I think the names were different dependent on country but they were the same color.

The biggest advantages the Gnex has over the S2 is that its a nexus phone, and its screen. Other then that, the S2 could be argued for it being better. Once the GS2 gets ICS the only real advantage is faster updates and its screen.

on a separate note, i think the openness of Android is ultimately going to be its downfall.

tino

Banned
I got an app that set .nomedia file for me, so i can hide unwanted folders from gallery and google music. It has made both google apps alot more usable.

just search nomedia on the market.

jenov4

I got an app that set .nomedia file for me, so i can hide unwanted folders from gallery and google music. It has made both google apps alot more usable.

just search nomedia on the market.

Or you can also use QuickPic (definitely the fastest picture viewer on Android) and have it create .nomedia files. Just another suggestion. :)

tino

Banned
Or you can also use QuickPic (definitely the fastest picture viewer on Android) and have it create .nomedia files. Just another suggestion. :)

Actually the ICS gallery is equally fast, if not a hair bit faster. But it has delete function, so I will keep quickpic as well.

SimleuqiR

Actually the ICS gallery is equally fast, if not a hair bit faster. But it has delete function, so I will keep quickpic as well.

Really? Cause on my Tuna the Gallery app takes a bit longer to render the thumbs. I'm stuck on 4.0.2, so maybe Google has made it faster since.

Will check later today on my Transformer which is running 4.0.3 and see if it is faster.

HTC One S

Infxz.jpg

lCrOx.jpg

muIQQ.jpg

I like it.

You can go to Settings > About Phone should say in there. If its 2.3.X you should be able to go to something like: Settings > privacy for the back up my data. That should get you to see your phone on the market (also check that your using a google account that is tied to the phone and is "master")

Steam requires Android 2.1 and up (which I think you should be fine).

When I go to Software Update, it gives me a little message that tells me that DM initialization is not ready. My phone is seriously fucked up.

rozay

Banned
Biggest feature of quickpic that puts it over the stock gallery for me is great animated gif support :)

And that does look pretty clean. Wish they went with on screen buttons though

You can make up any new HTC phone leaked image, they all look the same.
I mean...you can say that about most manufacturers though. Every recent samsung phone looks the same aside from a square shape or a curve

kehs

Banned
well at least this'll have an unlockable bootloader!

Now that I think about it, how the hell are phones running 4.0 with 3 hardware keys going to deal with the software menu button on pre-4.0 apps?

They'll probably double up the home key for recent apps, and leave the other button for menus, or worse, force an on-screen menu button/bar.

I'm starting to hate this trend

acer_cloudmobile_2-e1330096332829.jpg

come on...really? That's so sloppy!

That's just pre production stuff, I'm assuming no phone ever releases like that.

gcubed

I'm starting to hate this trend

acer_cloudmobile_2-e1330096332829.jpg

come on...really? That's so sloppy!

thats not a part of ICS. It has to be a buggy build. If you have hardware keys, the software keys go away.

I wouldn't doubt if Acer just put an ICS screenshot on the screen and said "wooo ICS!"

wario

has any manufacturer announced an ics phone with only software buttons for mwc?

acer, htc, and lg all seem to be going the capacitive/hardware button route. i guess they don't want to use any pixels for the navigational controls.

Does anybody know why the Galaxy S2 Epic Touch is only $50 at Amazon but still $200 at Best Buy or Sprint? Is there something different about this version or just Amazon having a great deal? I'm trying to choose between the Epic and 4S and it being only $50 (and being able to use flash sites) would probably make me choose it.

I'm switching over from ATT, so I'd be a new customer. I was going to go to the Sprint Store or Best Buy today to get it but would obviously prefer to pay $50 over $200 if it's the same one offered. That's a big gap in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom