• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb

thanks guys.

The way they store those files does seem like a pretty piece of crap thing to do. It's something I'd expect to see from the fruit company, but not google.

tino

Banned
Google Music Cloud Sniper will tag those mp3s for you. Only problem is that it'll duplicate them, so check your storage.

I was going to buy it. But I use google music playlists as a dynamic playlist sync for me. If I use this program it will kill the sync function on google music.

google music really is a terrible program, if I go into Subway and fire up google music, It will still try to access the online server for a good five minutes. During this 5 minutes I get a blank screen. This is just as dumb as the google podcast app. These goddamn code monkeys have never heard of underground subway.

gcubed

I was going to buy it. But I use google music playlists as a dynamic playlist sync for me. If I use this program it will kill the sync function on google music.

google music really is a terrible program, if I go into Subway and fire up google music, It will still try to access the online server for a good five minutes. During this 5 minutes I get a blank screen. This is just as dumb as the google podcast app. These goddamn code monkeys have never heard of underground subway.

um... you click on "show offline files only" when you lose access. Problem solved.

gcubed

HTC Finally admits that Sense went from best to worst, and are cleaning it up, scaling it down. You go HTC.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...product-line-but-theyre-going-back-to-simple/

Earlier today, Kouji Kodera, HTC's chief product officer, addressed these concerns in an interview with Pocket Lint at MWC. He agreed that the company "added too many things" to Sense as time went on and it "got cluttered." As we'd heard before, he also admitted that the company's product line was equally as bloated. Luckily, there's light at the end of the tunnel, as Kodera promised that Sense 4.0 was a return to simplicity. He also acknowledged that Ice Cream Sandwich offers a major visual upgrade, and promises that Sense 4.0 strikes a balance between HTC's customizations and ICS's natural beauty.

kehs

Banned
Anybody still on the fence about Galaxy Nexus has another shot at getting it for $530 in either silver or white at daily steals.

http://lastcall.dailysteals.com/

Couple of things about daily steals, they suck at communication, they take up to a week to ship, and there is no returns.

wario

sony is testing a qualcomm s4 phone with ics.

the 'LT' indicates a screen above 4".

should be their flagship dropping in july.

XperiaLT29i.png

link

pr0cs

sony is testing a qualcomm s4 phone with ics.

the 'LT' indicates a screen above 4".

should be their flagship dropping in july.

Nice.
I recently had a chance to play with the Xperia Ray (my inlaws neaded a cheap replacement for their dumbphones and the ray was offered as a replacement for their plan). Was really impressed how snappy and usable the device was, even better than Sony committed to releasing an official ICS update and XDA has a pretty active community around the Xperia devices.
I'd actually consider buying a Sony android phone at this point, something I didn't even contemplate after the X10 debacle

wario

Probably a refresh of the Xperia S, that thing is sorely underspecced in terms of chipset used considering the price.

i read on some other forums it's a completely new body style, possibly a successor to last year's arc.

also, that benchmark test showing a resolution of 1196 x 720 means on-screen buttons. that would suggest a different form-factor from the xperia s.

Hey, haven't really been following the thread lately so sorry if this is redundant--

I'm thinking of replacing my Tmobile N1 this year. Are there any ICS phones on the horizon that are NOT huge? I checked out the Galaxy Nexus at a Best Buy and the thing is just too damn big for me. I love the N1 size and could even go a tad larger if need be. I just hate that all of the newer phones seem to be massive =/

The worst part about skins is that back in the day they used to make Android have more style/personality, but with ICS, and moving forward, android now has a "look", and it looks good. Now these skins all look stupid and dated. All manufacturers should offer a tool that lets you delete their OS and install stock android from the get go. ALLLL of them. Some already do something similar no?

tokkun

The worst part about skins is that back in the day they used to make Android have more style/personality, but with ICS, and moving forward, android now has a "look", and it looks good. Now these skins all look stupid and dated. All manufacturers should offer a tool that lets you delete their OS and install stock android from the get go. ALLLL of them. Some already do something similar no?

Some make a point of shipping with an unlocked bootloader, which usually leads to custom ROMs.

tino

Banned

I think ICS is uglier than Honeycomb. The logos are ugly, launcher is ugly, app switcher is ugly. The blue color tone is ugly. You can not put black on everything can call it "design". The only good thing is the new font and the font resizing engine.

Just about any theme on MIUI can can murder the "design" of ICS. ICS is so ugly google should go to New York Times and make a public apology.

Now is it a fast launcher? yes it is. It feels much snapier than all the official lauchers before that.

MrBig

Best video player for Android?

I miss my the video compatibility my Galaxy S had.... Booo Galaxy Nexus!!

I use a combination of MX Player and VLC. Those two combined allow me to play everything without issue. Have not run into an app that plays everything flawlessly.

Any possible way to type across devices?

Like, if I wanted to use my phone in order to type things on my tablet's screen, or vice versa - sending a text message from my tablet through my phone.

Is that at all possible?

jokkir

How beneficial is overclocking exactly? Thinking if I should overclock this by 50 (max CPU will then turn to 1000MHz to 1050MHz) but that seems like way too low of a number to do anything noticable.

Angst

Any possible way to type across devices?

Like, if I wanted to use my phone in order to type things on my tablet's screen, or vice versa - sending a text message from my tablet through my phone.

Is that at all possible?

Hm, couldn't you use bluetooth to hook up the phone to the tablet, then search for an app that acts as a bluetooth keyboard?

Angst

thespot84

in the spirit of discussion, who here has played with windows 8? I just downloaded the customer preview and it is clearly designed, and designed well, for tablets. I do love my transformer but I was honestly just blown away by metro. Windows Phone has it's good and bad but they've improved on a lot I feel. Android should definitely take some clues.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
in the spirit of discussion, who here has played with windows 8? I just downloaded the customer preview and it is clearly designed, and designed well, for tablets. I do love my transformer but I was honestly just blown away by metro. Windows Phone has it's good and bad but they've improved on a lot I feel. Android should definitely take some clues.

Win 8 is going to kick Android's ass on tablets. Google really needs to step it up.

tino

Banned

Which ever tablet system gets full feature Photoshop will get my money. Right now I think all of them are pretty useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom