• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

antipod

While this isn't specifically about Android those of you who are swedes and are planning on getting an HTC One X, Tre has a damn sweet deal at the moment. Celebrating 10 years in Sweden or something like that.

24 months of 3Total for just 349,- per month (normal price 699,-), phone included.

http://www.tre.se/Privat/Mobiltelefoner/Mobiler/HTC-One-X/?color=6189

For those not swedes, that is an HTC One X with basically free voice, free text and free data* for US$51 per month.

While some people say their coverage isn't that good except in cities it's really tempting. I might even pay double for my last three months Telia subscription to get this.

* As long as it's only phone usage 10 gb is enough data for a month

What does Business calendar have over the ICS calendar? I like the stock ICS calendar.

Ahhh thank you so much for this. I've been looking for something like it since Calendar Pad wasn't updated for ICS. The only thing it's missing is Calendar Pad's 4x1 weekly widget: that was the most useful to me since it doesn't take a lot of space and lets me see a week at a time (I only have like 1 to 3 events per day).

25 cent HD Movie rentals have got me wanting to rent movies on my tuna.

Does it still block playback on rooted devices? If so, is there a way around it?

kehs

Banned
ya, that's it. There are no words for how absurd it is. there's a tv antenna input, ffs.

I doubt that's a US market device and more of a developing market device. That sounds perfect for a region where there's little or no tech around. Bringing in a mobile screen that's not super small and can do all that stuff plus have radio connectivity. That sounds awesome.

gcubed

You sound like a blogger.

Are you a blogger?

What feature? I will give you that its faster and smoother.

not a blogger, i dont even care about my opinion, i dont want to make a website to advertise it.

Better multi-core support, usb host mode, merging internal memory, HLS, better camera app, voice recognition... i left out stock improvements that are available in rooted 2.3 ROMs

equap

Banned
I got an app that says "purchased" in the market but when i click to download, it says "The download of "root explorer" was declined because you haven't purchased it".

what the hell?

Oozer3993

I got an app that says "purchased" in the market but when i click to download, it says "The download of "root explorer" was declined because you haven't purchased it".

what the hell?

The Market can get tripped up by apps you sideload or download through the Amazon App Store. It will recognize the app and match it up with one from the Market and might label it as "Purchased" but as soon as you go to download or update it, the Market will do a check and discover that you didn't actually buy the app through it.

gcubed

Sometimes I'm kinda ashamed of how little I pay for amazing new electronics and how disposable I consider them :(

I will be jumping on that sub-$300 Nexus tablet, though. : D

if the nexus tablet is 7" @$199 i want it. I have no idea why. Android's tablet application offering leaves a lot to be desired, but i still want it.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Google has a lot of work to do outside the US as far as I am concerned. I switched to android last year but am starting to regret it. Still no music, movies or TV. And photo storage, which was Googles storng point (picasa) is now lagging with the cool stuff that can be done on iPhoto.

Ipad 3 or whatever it wants to be called has just made everything a little more seamless.

And airplay and Apple TV is pretty awesome.

Google has so much $$$ and all these employees and they seem to be neglecting their user base by focusing on google + and neglecting the stuff we actually want.

/rant

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Here's hoping a $399 iPad 2 will finally push Android tablets (not made by Samsung) down to realistic prices.

if the nexus tablet is 7" @$199 i want it. I have no idea why. Android's tablet application offering leaves a lot to be desired, but i still want it.

I'm totally down with this. I'd prefer a larger device, but I'm hoping all of Apple's dealings really pushes the competition down into different price point ranges.

Needs to be a Nexus device for me to get something Android though as I'm not dealing with the update bs. $200 for a nexus like android tablet @7" would be perfect IMO though.

Al-ibn Kermit

Supposedly asus is making a 2600PX1600P transformer, but have any real details come out yet? I'm hoping the iPad 3 is pushing some manufacturers to release a super high res android tablet.

JordanKZ

Supposedly asus is making a 2600PX1600P transformer, but have any real details come out yet? I'm hoping the iPad 3 is pushing some manufacturers to release a super high res android tablet.

Not quite. It's 1920x1200.
http://eee.asus.com/eeepad/transformer-infinity/features/

My old man tegra 2 transformers 1280x800 screen does actually look pretty good still. I'll probably get whatever is after the transformer infinity.

There was a rumour of Samsung doing a stupid high res 16:9 screen. It would surprise me if the new iPad screen isn't by Samsung...

Any way to make Currents and Reader play nice?

I usually scroll through hundreds of feed items per day in Reader, and star about 10 that I actually want to read. If I could somehow send them (preferably with 1 click) to Currents to read later and offline (for train/plane trips) I'd be a happy man.

SimleuqiR

Any way to make Currents and Reader play nice?

I usually scroll through hundreds of feed items per day in Reader, and star about 10 that I actually want to read. If I could somehow send them (preferably with 1 click) to Currents to read later and offline (for train/plane trips) I'd be a happy man.

I like the leanness of Reader. Currents is all pretty, but I hate the way subscriptions are handled; I can't group them into one category is what I mean. Unless, I'm doing something wrong?

I like the leanness of Reader. Currents is all pretty, but I hate the way subscriptions are handled; I can't group them into one category is what I mean. Unless, I'm doing something wrong?
I wouldn't know if you are. I agree. That's why I want to handle and prune my feeds via Reader, and do the actual reading in Currents to get the nice layouts and offline capabilities.

Ashhong

Fucking ATT, I hate dealing with these guys. I am on my 3rd Galaxy S2 now, because I haven't been happy with the first 2. The third one comes, and its perfect except one thing, the battery is fucking defective.

Should I just switch it with the battery with the S2 that I will send back to them, or should I go through the hassle of getting a replacement?

Fucking ATT, I hate dealing with these guys. I am on my 3rd Galaxy S2 now, because I haven't been happy with the first 2. The third one comes, and its perfect except one thing, the battery is fucking defective.

Should I just switch it with the battery with the S2 that I will send back to them, or should I go through the hassle of getting a replacement?

that.

rozay

Banned

there's no way for them to tell you did this lol

Ashhong

Yea I guess so...I kind of wanted a new battery since I've had this one for about a month now, and thought a new battery would be nice. Then again, these are all refurb phones so maybe the battery is refurb as well. Oh well.

edit: The batteries have serial numbers, do they not keep track of it?

Al-ibn Kermit

samsung is the one i believe that is coming out with that resolution

It was mentioned in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464370&highlight=asus

Although, the actual article in the OP does not mention that it will have 2560X1600, just "twice the detail". So obviously it was just the Transformer Infinity with it's 1920X1200 display. The iPad3 has about 1/3 more pixels in that case.

I have to return my Transformer Prime (dead pixel) so I think it's probably worth it to wait 6 months and see the W8 and 1080P+ tablets.

rozay

Banned
Yea I guess so...I kind of wanted a new battery since I've had this one for about a month now, and thought a new battery would be nice. Then again, these are all refurb phones so maybe the battery is refurb as well. Oh well.

edit: The batteries have serial numbers, do they not keep track of it?
If they did check I think they would only look at the battery to see if it was authentic, serial checking would take too much time. Even if they did check the number, you could just tell them you accidentally mixed up the batteries while testing the two phones side by side.

Ashhong

If they did check I think they would only look at the battery to see if it was authentic, serial checking would take too much time. Even if they did check the number, you could just tell them you accidentally mixed up the batteries while testing the two phones side by side.

Yea, decided to do that.

Anybody know of a good case for the AT&T Galaxy S2? I mainly want something to protect the bezel around the screen. I dropped the phone a few times and it chips like a mother fucker. Good thing I got it replaced
lol.gif

leadbelly

Banned
So I clicked on 'software update' just now on my HTC phone, and to my surprise an ICS update just popped up. I just clicked in hope really. I wasn't expecting it to be there. I knew it was coming out this month, but I expected it towards the end of March really.

gcubed

So I clicked on 'software update' just now on my HTC phone, and to my surprise an ICS update just popped up. I just clicked in hope really. I wasn't expecting it to be there. I knew it was coming out this month, but I expected it towards the end of March really.

yup, the sensation and sensation XE in europe got released today

Con_Smith

Banned
Verizon has a special going on right now for free upgrades to 4g phones circulating. I just got off the phone with a rep and they allowed me to upgrade from a droid 3 to a droid 4 for free and keep my unlimited data plan!

Hmmm...

I have a Galaxy Nexus
I also have an Archos G9 80

The Galaxy Nexus is supposedly the flagship of the Android platform, designed to showcase the OS's latest features as well as sporting some cutting edge hardware.
The G9 80 is a budget 8" tablet that is 84% plastic. Plastic that was from recycled store brand cola bottles. It's also French.

The Galaxy Nexus is running 4.0.2
The Archos G9 is running 4.0.3

Seriously Google, wtf is going on with the Galaxy Nexus updates?

The Android team read this thread and will be totally burned by this comment........right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom