• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Never had the chance to use quick controls, and I'm not going backwards from Chrome either. So I guess I'll just hope they bring them to Chrome, although they likely will.

kehs

Banned
Never had the chance to use quick controls, and I'm not going backwards from Chrome either. So I guess I'll just hope they bring them to Chrome, although they likely will.
Yea, if you use quick controls, I'll guarantee you're forsake the Chrome team.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
im in this werid place i love android as a platform and love the size of the phone screens.

I hate my galaxy s captivate tho. and i worried that the next phone i get will be a mess as well. :(

leaning towards i phone but im gonna wait to see what android has coming out between now and aug

Probably nothing that tops the Galaxy Nexus, and I say that with a straight face. Although at that point you may want to wait for the Nexus Four, which would presumably debut two months later with Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie.

Yea, if you use quick controls, I'll guarantee you're forsake the Chrome team.

But tabs on Chrome are just handled soooo well. Like the UI in general more too. More... Chrome-like. :p New tab page is good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyone know if it's possible to make screenshots "auto upload" using G+ in addition to photos?

kehs

Banned
Probably nothing that tops the Galaxy Nexus, and I say that with a straight face. Although at that point you may want to wait for the Nexus Four, which would presumably debut two months later with Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie.

But tabs on Chrome are just handled soooo well. Like the UI in general more too. More... Chrome-like. :p New tab page is good.

The one thing I didn't like about the tab navigation was that it was "one way" like...you couldn't move right, if you started from a tab in the middle and gestured left.

Fry

Fuck's sake OP.

tumblr_lbtvbzmNfU1qa1xnko1_500.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What happened? GAF search is cached or something, can only see his posts from March 20-back.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
How do you know how long he's banned? Something I've always been curious about.No, he's been on account suicide all night. Opening up shitty threads on purpose. I'm actually shocked he seemed to be coherant in this thread and the iOS one.When he opened the Sports OT thread he was tampering in God's domain.

The person banned is told.

bengraven

I always get pissed at account suicides. If you need time away, then a mods are good about banning you for a set amount of time so you can get on with life undistracted.

They're only being selfish and not thinking about the people who love them.

The person banned is told.

Trust me. I know that.

But what I mean is how others know.

thespot84

When using a live wallpaper that reacts to touch, does it use more power than one that doesn't react to touch commands?

i would assume it would use more power, it has to contribute cpu cycles to listening for the touch, computing the reaction and sending it to be rendered.

Ashhong

Which Android phone should I get from T-Mobile? I really wanted the Sidekick 4g and I was waiting for them to get a new shipment of them in but I read some reviews and a lot of people complain about constant freezing. Is it just that phone or do most Androids have freezing issues? I really like the hardware of the Sidekick and I heard the battery is good, but I'm not sure if it's a good choice. What do you guys think?

If you want a good free phone, Best Buy has the Nexus S for Tmobile for free right now. GF just got it and put ICS on it. Runs great.

Staab

Just received my Sony Xperia S, was a long due change from my OG Droid.
Hesitated but my contract was up 3months ago so I didn't want to wait another 6months.

Sad that I couldn't find a top end smartphone with a qwerty keyboard (in EU) though :(

Beast looks sexy and I'm waiting anxiously for ICS.

Blackhead

Redarse
Well the stock browser is unlikely to be developed further.

Chrome is absolutely lovely though. It's pretty much perfect aside from being two versions behind the desktop release, lacking apps and extensions, lacking the auto-updater (no, Google Play's updater is not a good substitute), and occasionally crashing (only had it happen to me once and I've been using it heavily for about a week now.)
Last time I checked Chrome wasn't integrated into android at all. No intents, share, downloads etc. I was also missing the quick controls from the stock browser. Until those are sorted out Chrome just isn't ready

gcubed

Last time I checked Chrome wasn't integrated into android at all. No intents, share, downloads etc. I was also missing the quick controls from the stock browser. Until those are sorted out Chrome just isn't ready

That's my biggest thing holding me back. The newest version let's intents work half the time. Every time it brings up maps in a web page vs the app I want to punch a developer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom