• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get back from a conference in London that night. No sleep for me then as the reveal starts at 3am UK time. Looks like I better inject caffeine into my veins as it's going to be a long ass day.

rabhw

Hnnnnnnng--

On another note, I downloaded the new translate app to try, and I don't see anything regarding "conversation mode" that they showed in the video...

sJ7gy.png

That button never appears. Maybe the new version isn't on the market like they say it is?

JCX

rabhw said:
That button never appears. Maybe the new version isn't on the market like they say it is?

At the entry screen, press the microphone icon next to the search bar, say something, then it will take you to a screen that looks like a text message conversation. The button is on the bottom.

kehs

Banned
rabhw said:
Hnnnnnnng--

On another note, I downloaded the new translate app to try, and I don't see anything regarding "conversation mode" that they showed in the video...

sJ7gy.png

Nah, it's there, first time in a word and translate, then you should see it.

If not, go to settings and turn on "conversation mode".

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, its finally happening. Out of the Android-ghetto we go!

rabhw

Weird, the version that the market website pushed to me was old. Immediately afterwards I had to manually update...

Oh well!

thespot84

CoilShot said:
I hope something happens on the 19th because I'm ready to buy a new phone now. My charge is barely making it as it is now.

jesus what'd you put it through? I know they plan these things to die but 4 months?

ty_hot

where can I get the Netflix app?

i downloaded the 1.4.1 version in 4shared but when i open it, it says its an older version and that i have to download the newest one.

kehs

Banned
That's such an ugly statue. Jeez.

Ironically, the very first statues for Android, I heard about in a Sign magazine, since at the time I wasn't being an android geek.

kinggroin

Banned
The 19? Yes!

Run run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me shitty software accelerated disjointed empty promised gingerbread man.

Al-ibn Kermit

Luckyman said:
If ICS solution to removing hw keys is to just add them on screen it´s a big fail

Come up with something like Nokia Swipe or go home

The point is that you get to keep the phone the same size while still increasing the size of the screen. Presumably the navigation buttons and possibly the status bar fade out when you're watching a video or playing a game in full-screen. It's a small but nice feature that makes the device more pocketable and gives you the ability to customize the buttons however you want.

Anyway to get pass the too many patter attempt on the g2? My friend played and locked the phone and now its not even accepting my gmail account ;_;

gcubed

So Larry Page is hyping it up... “You won’t believe what we managed to get done in this release.“

Yeah_its_Bob said:
Anyway to get pass the too many patter attempt on the g2? My friend played and locked the phone and now its not even accepting my gmail account ;_;

i have bad news for you. Its been a bug since the inception of android. Maybe thats one of the things Page is excited about.

looks like "null" as a password has a small possibility of working
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=462ead361bfaa5d9&hl=en

I've found this as maybe a workaround? Worth a shot

http://www.ultratechy.com/how-to-un...-many-pattern-attempts-without-factory-reset/

Jeff-DSA

Yeah_its_Bob said:

Don't you just have to wait a certain amount of time for it to reset and allow you to try again?

With ICS, I just hope Google lays down a mandate that all carriers need to update their currently supported handsets. They need to get their OS unified ASAP and that would be huge. It would inspire confidence in consumers too, because I'd just pick up a GS2 if there's any sort of exclusivity on the Nexus as long as I know I can get ICS without a massive delay or having to go the CM9 route.

DXPett1

gcubed said:
So Larry Page is hyping it up... “You won’t believe what we managed to get done in this release.“

I hope they back it up. I'm a sucker for Android but even I tire of the promises and "oh thats coming in the NEXT version" crap

iavi

DXPett1 said:
I hope they back it up. I'm a sucker for Android but even I tire of the promises and "oh thats coming in the NEXT version" crap

Hallelujah. That shit has been the biggest bummer for the longest time. "Oh, we're gonna show you all this cool stuff like cloud music, but uh... this won't be out for another year... and a half. Looks cool though, right?" It'd be a miracle of them not to do it this time.

kehs

Banned
Well, at least they're introducing new errors.

ERROR
"Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card."

Gee thanks for the solution!

gcubed

SimleuqiR said:
So has it been a years since Duartes joined Google? Honeycomb was influenced by him. Let's see how far he can take the OS.

he joined, what, 6 months before gingerbread release, a little less then that? So this is the first full cycle of phone software thats his.

Shepard

"And right now, all Android users, all over the world will be able to download ICS, thank you and have a nice day."

*Head explodes*

gcubed said:

i have bad news for you. Its been a bug since the inception of android. Maybe thats one of the things Page is excited about.

looks like "null" as a password has a small possibility of working
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=462ead361bfaa5d9&hl=en

I've found this as maybe a workaround? Worth a shot

http://www.ultratechy.com/how-to-un...-many-pattern-attempts-without-factory-reset/
No luck with both. Only option I think I might have left is flash another rom.

LegoArmo

So how long do we reckon before a custom ROM based on ICS comes out for the Galaxy S2? I can't wait for Samsung to make an official one.

LegoArmo said:
So how long do we reckon before a custom ROM based on ICS comes out for the Galaxy S2? I can't wait for Samsung to make an official one.
Pretty sure the Cyanognmod team is already planning something. They mentioned CM9 when the latest version was released.

gcubed

LegoArmo said:
Depends when ics source gets released.

Mrbob

Have a question for texting on ATT service. Their options for texting are a bit ridiculous. You can either buy an unlimited package for 20 bucks (seriously?), or pay 20 cents per text.

If you go with no package does it deduct from your minutes for texting, or do you literally pay 20 cents per text?

gcubed

Mrbob said:
Have a question for texting on ATT service. Their options for texting are a bit ridiculous. You can either buy an unlimited package for 20 bucks (seriously?), or pay 20 cents per text.

If you go with no package does it deduct from your minutes for texting, or do you literally pay 20 cents per text?
0.20 Per text ... incoming AND outgoing

Is there not a way to send and recieve texts through Google Voice? Verizon's fees are similarly onerous, so I'm trying to figure this out before the Prime launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom