• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done my research on the Galaxy S II and I see that people have been having overheating problems with it.

I'm getting a new phone today from AT&T and I don't know whether to go for the S II or something different.

Wait a month and get the HTC One X.

The problem with that is I need a phone as soon as possible, and I cannot wait an entire month without a cell phone.

I was thinking I could make a deal with AT&T asking if I can get a new phone now and immediately upgrade to a phone like the HTC One X when it comes out, replacing the phone that I'm getting today. I might as well ask them just in case they say yes.

ep85

The problem with that is I need a phone as soon as possible, and I cannot wait an entire month without a cell phone.

I was thinking I could make a deal with AT&T asking if I can get a new phone now and immediately upgrade to a phone like the HTC One X when it comes out, replacing the phone that I'm getting today. I might as well ask them just in case they say yes.

You have a 30 day period to return your phone (with a restocking fee I think). So as long as the One X comes out in the next 30 days you should be golden.

Ashhong

well using it the ui settings are extremely similar, and then i tried to change an icon and this popped up:

http://i.minus.com/ijxMWWbwS45mI.png[IMG]

I don't think it's stolen code though, but rather the adw developer worked on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad Apex supports ADW icons, allows me to keep my dock looking "stock" when I change the apps.

[quote="Costcosaurus, post: 36946867"]I've done my research on the Galaxy S II and I see that people have been having overheating problems with it.

I'm getting a new phone today from AT&T and I don't know whether to go for the S II or something different.[/QUOTE]

I have never had any overheating issues with my ATT S2. It's a great phone and the best ATT has to offer if you have to get one now. You have links to this overheating?

I have never had any overheating issues with my ATT S2. It's a great phone and the best ATT has to offer if you have to get one now. You have links to this overheating?
I've heard from a gaffer in this thread that he had 3 of them that overheated on him. Also, there are other forums of people having this overheating problem.

mkenyon

Banned
Well in my indecision of galaxy nexus and galaxy note, I got both. Been using the note since yesterday and I f'n love it. Nexus arrives on Tuesday, and Verizon has to have some ridiculously good reception (live in rural area outside of olympia, WA) to make me give this up. Best galaxy indeed

Circle T

Well in my indecision of galaxy nexus and galaxy note, I got both. Been using the note since yesterday and I f'n love it. Nexus arrives on Tuesday, and Verizon has to have some ridiculously good reception (live in rural area outside of olympia, WA) to make me give this up. Best galaxy indeed.
"All too easy"

AIKUM.jpg

Best Galaxy claims another :)

So I'm sure this gets asked a lot around here but I'd rather post here than some other forum.

I'm eligible for an upgrade and I was looking at the Galaxy S2 4g and the HTC Amaze 4g. I was leaning towards the S2, however, I see all this hoopla about the S3 coming soon. So should I just wait and get the newest or get an S2 now?

Also, this is my first foray into Android phones. I've been on a BB 9700 for the past 2 years and I've been wanting to join the Android camp for awhile now. Any recommendations are welcome. Oh yeah, I'm on Tmobile.

Al-ibn Kermit

It gets a hotspot during heavy use. And if the weather is really hot, it restricts you from turning the brightness up all the way.

Last night, I fell asleep on it while it was charging and when I checked it in the morning, it was at 1% charge with the warning that the temperature was too warm to charge the battery.

But I've never had an issue under normal conditions.

tino

Banned
So I'm sure this gets asked a lot around here but I'd rather post here than some other forum.

I'm eligible for an upgrade and I was looking at the Galaxy S2 4g and the HTC Amaze 4g. I was leaning towards the S2, however, I see all this hoopla about the S3 coming soon. So should I just wait and get the newest or get an S2 now?

Also, this is my first foray into Android phones. I've been on a BB 9700 for the past 2 years and I've been wanting to join the Android camp for awhile now. Any recommendations are welcome. Oh yeah, I'm on Tmobile.
TMo usa? One S is coming out.

Threi

notag
so official ICS is rolling out to the single core 2011 (less than 12 months ago kids!) Sony phones.

good stuff Sony, I know where my money is going next time.

yogloo

Well in my indecision of galaxy nexus and galaxy note, I got both. Been using the note since yesterday and I f'n love it. Nexus arrives on Tuesday, and Verizon has to have some ridiculously good reception (live in rural area outside of olympia, WA) to make me give this up. Best galaxy indeed

You got both? o_O Do you have too much money?

mkenyon

Banned
I'm assuming he is going to return one before 30 days since they are on different carriers
Yep. Wife will use nexus. If att coverage is just as good, sending nexus back and gettin her a one x. If the coverage is leagues ahead of att, sending note back for a second nexus. Probably not the latter, as when I was just typing that on my best galaxy, I teared up a little at the thouht of losing it.

gcubed

Yep. Wife will use nexus. If att coverage is just as good, sending nexus back and gettin her a one x. If the coverage is leagues ahead of att, sending note back for a second nexus. Probably not the latter, as when I was just typing that on my best galaxy, I teared up a little at the thouht of losing it.

The biggest difference I noted in my switch to Verizon was being able to use my phone in crowded areas. Att was useless

mkenyon

Banned
Well, I live in a rural area so I dont really need to worry about that. I work in Olympia, and even then its not even comparable to a modern metropolis.

NomarTyme

Just gave my my little cousin my old HTC Aria... glad I didn't sell it because her father was complaining about having to buy a data plan for a pre teen daughter lol.

Al-ibn Kermit

Just gave my my little cousin my old HTC Aria... glad I didn't sell it because her father was complaining about having to buy a data plan for a pre teen daughter lol.

If the phone is unlocked, would they still be required to buy a data plan? It's stupid to give a kid a data plan since they're always at home or at school, maybe suggest that your uncle just give her a dumbphone and use the Aria as a wifi-only toy.

NomarTyme

If the phone is unlocked, would they still be required to buy a data plan? It's stupid to give a kid a data plan since they're always at home or at school, maybe suggest that your uncle just give her a dumbphone and use the Aria as a wifi-only toy.

Yeah its unlocked. Yes I did tell my uncle not to get the data plan, so I just told them to get text and talk.

tino

Banned
Meizhu just announced the quadcore version of MX, which will have the Samsung quadcore chip inside, scheduled for June release.

That pretty much indirectly confirms the SGS3 release time.

Zeppu

I heard the GS3's body is basically like the T1000 with the liquid alloy which transforms into anything, hence the blobs.

I heard the GS3's body is basically like the T1000 with the liquid alloy which transforms into anything, hence the blobs.

the backdrop (an artist's palette) signifies that it is a canvas that comes with a stylus, just like last year's Best Galaxy(TM) did. WACOM FOR EVERYONE!!! </Oprah>

Zeppu

the backdrop (an artist's palette) signifies that it is a canvas that comes with a stylus, just like last year's Best Galaxy(TM) did. WACOM FOR EVERYONE!!! </Oprah>

The fact that it's on 03/05 means that if you switch it around and use the US style date you get 05/03, or 5/3 or, if one would choose so, S3.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That's a nice looking invite. I wonder what, if anything, it signifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom