• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisco

Banned
So I just ordered the One X from AT&T. They actually price matched Sam's/Amazon by giving me a $50 credit because I voiced concerns about keeping my unlimited data plan when upgrading with a 3rd party. Just an fyi if you're looking to get the phone for $150.

Circle T

Just saw an update go by at work. Apparently, to go along with the cancelling of the Skyrocket HD, the regular GSII (i777) is now EOL as well. Clearing the way for the GSIII next month?? Seems likely.

gcubed

Just saw an update go by at work. Apparently, to go along with the cancelling of the Skyrocket HD, the regular GSII (i777) is now EOL as well. Clearing the way for the GSIII next month?? Seems likely.

well look at that, they really are going to get it over here soon

Circle T

well look at that, they really are going to get it over here soon

It would appear so. The Ion is the only other phone coming any time soon (maybe?). I would imagine the LG Optimus LTE 2 will arrive at some point as the Nitro 2, but that's about it for the next few months. Seems like a prime time for the GSIII to come.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Will SuperOneClick root an ICS device? My rooted Galaxy SII Skyrocket is get an OTA ICS update...but I'm worried if I confirm, I won't be able to re-root once the update is done.

Halp?

Circle T

Will SuperOneClick root an ICS device? My rooted Galaxy SII Skyrocket is get an OTA ICS update... but I'm worried if I confirm, I won't be able to re-root once the update is done.

Halp?

You sure about that? I have a Skyrocket as my work phone, and the current OTA release software is 2.3.6 (LA3).

ep85

woot woot, hopefully it keeps the button. I like physical buttons...

Hieberrr

So, I'm testing out some ICS ROMs for the i9000 and I don't know which one to choose!

Should I stick with the CM9 Nightlies or stay with Slim ICS?

I need it to be as stable as possible (so no sleep screens of death or random reboots).

Help me Android-Gaf! I'm leaving my beloved and stable GB MIUI :'(

After AT&T locked down bootloaders on their HTC One X, it seemed like a bad omen for potential HTC customers on other carriers that like to tinker around with their devices. Well, if you were worried that about the HTC EVO 4G LTE receiving similar treatment, it looks like Sprint isn’t imposing the same restrictions as AT&T has. According to AndroidCentral, The LTEvo is currently supported by HTCDev’s bootloader unlock tool, and users (if they so choose) can unlock their devices and get some root all up in’nit.

Only problem, when it comes to HTC’s unlock method, that’s about all you can get. To clarify, the bootloader unlock tool wont give a device “S-Off” functionality. HTC has actually gone through great lengths to ensure that all the “fun stuff” that comes with what I like to call, “full root” — flashing AOSP ROMs, kernels, deleting bloatware, custom recoveries, etc. — cannot be done by traditional methods (flashing zips from recovery for instance), but have to be done using the PC (thanks, Earl!). So, for those hoping to run custom AOSP ROMs like CyanogenMod and AOKP or MIUI, you will just have to wait until a full root method can be found and exploited. Considering how development for the HTC One X has been making ground, I’d say those chances are looking pretty good. It’s not much, but it’s a step. The cat and mouse game continues…

High Tech Computer Corporation
Taoyuan City, Taoyuan County, Taiwan

http://phandroid.com/2012/05/11/htc-evo-4g-lte-bootloader-unlocked-root-possible-but-not-much-else/

So, I'm testing out some ICS ROMs for the i9000 and I don't know which one to choose!

Should I stick with the CM9 Nightlies or stay with Slim ICS?

I need it to be as stable as possible (so no sleep screens of death or random reboots).

Help me Android-Gaf! I'm leaving my beloved and stable GB MIUI :'(

isn't there a stable build, like a RC or beta?

the nightlies aren't always stable.

right now i'm about ot update from CM9 beta 2 to CM9 beta 3 on my SGS1 Epic 4G

I am about to get rid of the Galaxy Nexus and get the att One X.

anyone done the same and made the switch.

hows the reception compare to the gnex?

seem like the One x is superior in every way compare to the gnex.

its a temporary phone till the GS3 comes out.

While other companies are gimping their OSes and converting computers to appliances, Android is turning furniture into computers.

Android Mirror

I actually saw something similar a few years ago on discovery. Some guy had a mirror in his bathroom that told him the weather, news, weight etc. It even let him control water temperature for his bath/shower and let him view the back of his head with a camera on the opposite end.

dat lockscreen

5qAPLl.jpg

I am about to get rid of the Galaxy Nexus and get the att One X.

anyone done the same and made the switch.

hows the reception compare to the gnex?

seem like the One x is superior in every way compare to the gnex.

its a temporary phone till the GS3 comes out.

One X has Sense. How about no.

GSIII looks like a nice spec bump from GSII and Nexus but it also has Touch Wiz.

Circle T

Hmmm...I wonder what this OTA is then. :\

Did you get the 2.3.6 OTA before? I didn't get it for quite some time, and only ever got it because I checked manually. I'm wondering if that is what your phone is getting now. The official ICS update should be coming fairly soon, but I don't think that is what you are getting now.

There are some that claimm o be "stable", but they all come with a bunch of BS that I don't need. I tried out Slim ICS for a bit and I wasn't a fan of it, so now I'm on the CM nightly (which is running surprisingly well).
After hopping around for a while I stuck with ELITE I suggest sticking to CM9 if its stable for you though. Elite has not let me down yet so no intention of changing, slim pics was a bit slow.

Sai

Picked up a Transformer Prime. Anybody know of a quick and easy way to transfer my phone's bookmarks to the tablet?

Didn't see any bookmarks folder when plugging them both up to my PC.

Hieberrr

What's the best browser with tabs? I can't stand the stock and Chrome browsers
LLShC.gif
I'm gonna give Opera a try. Hopefully that's better.

Also is there any way to display more dates and stuff on the stock calendar widget?

LLShC.gif

Also is there any way to display more dates and stuff on the stock calendar widget?

I've always used Dolphin, though it seems like it can bog things down a bit if your phone is underpowered.

Threi

notag
Opera is the best for quickly switching between tabs imo.

Don't really like chrome that much, i think ICS Browser+ is better.

tino

Banned
LLShC.gif

Dolphin Mini, MIUI build in browser.

question about the chrome browser...

When I double click in the stock browser, it rearranges the text formatting to fit the screen, but in the chrome browser, it just zooms back and makes the text smaller, defeating the purpose of the whole action...

but this one time i touched the screen (really not sure what happened as I can't make it happen again) the text rearranged to fit the screen.

Does anyone know how I can make that happen on a regular basis? what's the trick?

thanks in advance..

oh also: I wish I could get the actual apk and .odex files of the ics sms app. not sure what this junk is in the market, but it looks like it, but sms acts funny and I always get double messages. I want the system app. Can't wait for bootloader unlock and cm9 on this beast, but just trying to make my time with Sense (and AT&T for that matter).

quaere

Firefox is finally getting close to being a contender. Once the tech in the current nightly hits stable it will at least be in the same ballpark as Chrome.

yogloo

Will SuperOneClick root an ICS device? My rooted Galaxy SII Skyrocket is get an OTA ICS update...but I'm worried if I confirm, I won't be able to re-root once the update is done.

Halp?

I think you should download the update separately and install it using mobile odin pro + everroot option.

Firefox is finally getting close to being a contender. Once the tech in the current nightly hits stable it will at least be in the same ballpark as Chrome.

This would certainly be nice for a change considering that all my PCs use Firefox and I would love to be able to sync tabs and bookmarks like those Chrome-using bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom