• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned

I hope to see something similar implemented into AOSP as an API, because I don't see many programs adding code to support Asus's standalone implementation for one device.

I'm surprised to see none of the Google Apps supporting it. =/

-----

Inferior 4:3 ratio tablet with ICS 4.0 and dual core for $249:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/12/matsunichi-marquispad-mp977-tablet/

Hieberrr

I'm back on MIUI after using CM9 Nightlies, but not because of stability issues or anything like that. Visually, ICS really irks me. Android is getting darker and darker with its visuals with every subsequent version.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to the day that the new TouchWiz will be able to run on different ICS ROMs. Until then, I'm sticking with MIUI + MIUI V4 icons.

I got rid of the galaxy nexus and got a HTC one x...wow!!

Screen is superb and the thing is very snappy.

Right when I got it, I rooted and got rid of the bloatwares. Installed nova launcher and now it feels like the gnex on steroids! It even have better reception!!

Did you move those apps to the SD Card?

No, there's no point on my tablet since they share the same flash drive/card/wtv.

I reininstalled the Youtube app and I have the widget now, but Gallery is still gone. Something must have messed up and I probably have other missing widgets that I don't remember.

Gonna do a factory reset.

Ashhong

Stupid Chrome keeps crashing on me lately. Had to go back to stock ICS browser. Actually only seems to happen when on Google.com. Weird.

all the reviews say the opposite... people are just upset because they know and knowing will activate their placebo effect.

Samsung Defense Force Assembled.

It's just a little obvious that they got scared of the HTC One line, and pushed up the release of the GS3 to compete with it. Which is why all the features aren't even done yet. Wireless charging won't even be ready until September, likely the original release date that was set until MWC when they saw the One X. It would have been just in time to eclipse the new iPhone release...

They just put together a quick design with specs that seem to just beat out the One X, except for the screen of course, so as an excuse they just tell everyone it will last longer than the SLCD2 in the One X....

Come on, its about money not innovation. Otherwise they would have pulled an Apple and just made people wait for the new version.

They had no reason not to go all out, except for they didn't want to hand off their monies to HTC just like all the chip manufacturers are handing off all their monies to qualcomm (at least in the US)

Qualcomm the only ones stepping the integrated LTE game up. Let's go nVidia, let's see that integrated Icera chip already.

Not saying I don't like Samsung, but I was hoping they would finally give something that would compete spec wise with the iPhone.

Android manufacturers just keep trying to compete with the last iphone release, they need to step over and above and get out a real champion device. /rant

Blackhead

Redarse
Samsung Defense Force Assembled.

It's just a little obvious that they got scared of the HTC One line, and pushed up the release of the GS3 to compete with it. Which is why all the features aren't even done yet. Wireless charging won't even be ready until September, likely the original release date that was set until MWC when they saw the One X. It would have been just in time to eclipse the new iPhone release...

They just put together a quick design with specs that seem to just beat out the One X, except for the screen of course, so as an excuse they just tell everyone it will last longer than the SLCD2 in the One X....

Come on, its about money not innovation. Otherwise they would have pulled an Apple and just made people wait for the new version.

They had no reason not to go all out, except for they didn't want to hand off their monies to HTC just like all the chip manufacturers are handing off all their monies to qualcomm (at least in the US)

Qualcomm the only ones stepping the integrated LTE game up. Let's go nVidia, let's see that integrated Icera chip already.

Not saying I don't like Samsung, but I was hoping they would finally give something that would compete spec wise with the iPhone.

Android manufacturers just keep trying to compete with the last iphone release, they need to step over and above and get out a real champion device. /rant

Could you please take that nonsense to the galaxy s III thread?

Not trolling.

I had no issue with the galaxy nexus screen really, it was just kinda dim.

I dont get just how can Samsung say pentile screen will last longer when there's people getting somewhat permanent image retentions on their screens.

My main issue is with the reception of the gnex which so far the one seem to be better.

I actually like the browsing on the gnex compare to the one x......the browser sucks on the one x and even with a different browser it still choppy.

Fezan

My galaxy note sometimes connect to wifi but does not browse or dl anything.it just connects with one signal .this happens mostly in my uni or at my friends house.my laptop and other devices work fine but note gives this problem.but at my place and in other places like pizza it works perfectly fine :(.

Also is there official way to dl stuff legaly through pc if you dont have wifi

tino

Banned
I did it anyway and it wiped everything :(. I didn't have that many apps installed anyway, so it wasn't hard to get it back to the way it was.How to: kill your app before you pay the developer registration fee.

Learn to use Titanium Backup and you won't lose anything.

Ephemeris

0khxz.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Yes, though now I have CM9 on it.

I have always lost all of my data when rooting for the first time. I don't know if it depends on the phone though.

Not sure what version of android does this, but Google automatically backs up all the apps you install so if you have to wipe, it can be reinstalled pretty quick. The data for your apps SHOULD be on your SD card so if you reinstall, you don't lose stuff like game saves.

Ecto311

Yes, though now I have CM9 on it.

How do you like it? I have it on the touchpad but not sure how that stacks up against a daily used phone.

I was wondering because the S3 looks decent but there are a lot of accessories/cases/batteries for the S2 right now. The camera vs the one X is close if not better from some of the examples I have seen.

Also you can get the S2 for free or very cheap and I dont need to play the newest blazing games - just looking for something to stay connected to the web, take pictures and listen to music/podcasts but I am favoring ICS over all the other os versions.

Lesiroth

How do you like it? I have it on the touchpad but not sure how that stacks up against a daily used phone.

I was wondering because the S3 looks decent but there are a lot of accessories/cases/batteries for the S2 right now. The camera vs the one X is close if not better from some of the examples I have seen.

Also you can get the S2 for free or very cheap and I dont need to play the newest blazing games - just looking for something to stay connected to the web, take pictures and listen to music/podcasts but I am favoring ICS over all the other os versions.

It's not like the S2 is any slouch in gaming...

Ashhong

Not sure what version of android does this, but Google automatically backs up all the apps you install so if you have to wipe, it can be reinstalled pretty quick. The data for your apps SHOULD be on your SD card so if you reinstall, you don't lose stuff like game saves.

There is that, but I personally hate wiping because of all the customization I have to do again. Little settings hidden deep within the options menu that I don't remember later. #firstworldproblems

It's fantastic. Honestly, I do not see a point in upgrading to the S3 or One. Every single app I have runs smoothly, with absolutely no problems. The only real world advantage the newer phones have is a higher resolution. However, even then the S2 looks just fine.

Oh, I guess the camera is kind of meh. The quality suffers in low light, and the shutter speed is slow compared to the One and S3.

Ashhong

I could have sworn there are apps available on the iPhone to basically do what NFC does. It was years ago though, and it may need to be jailbroken.

Zeppu

Bump, in theory, should do NFC like stuff. But you need a data connection. And you need to try 17 times. And you can only transfer the most basic stuff.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
The NFC stuff on the Xperia S - even just with respect to profile switching - is so awesome. And I can so see Apple doing something similar and marketing the hell out of it so people think it's new :p

so white one x or grey one x?

Up until recently, I've never wanted to own a white phone. I've always thought of a white phone being a bit girly for me. *shrugs*

The One X has changed my view of it completely though, it looks gorgeous.

I'll be getting the white Galaxy S 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom