• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
So I'm handling a razor maxx....I'm wondering why they even bothered with the regular razr this thing is crazy thin as it is.

Feels really sturdy too, better than either GN.

gcubed

So I'm handling a razor maxx....I'm wondering why they even bothered with the regular razr this thing is crazy thin as it is.

I have a razr in my bag from a moto party earlier this week and its almost too thin. Just don't like the shape.

HTC Nexus X

nexusxwhite_medium.jpg

Soooooo... Nvidia's Icera 410 LTE Modem got certified for AT&T's LTE network!

BUT! it's currently standalone and won't be integrated into the Tegra platform until next year.

Meanwhile, at Samsung... [silence]

Qualcomm *laughs*

We already have a working recovery...

S-OFF work-in-progress thread was started by devs approximately 5 seconds after the bootloader unlocked lol

XDA Thread - [WIP][DEV] S-Off

that's great, but Odin is already out for the Galaxy S3

snacknuts

we all knew her

I picked up a Maxx off Craigslist a couple weeks ago and have been extremely happy with it. Can't wait to get ICS here in the next few weeks.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
There any way you guys would suggest to beef up my Droid X for the next few months until I switch phones? I have Apex on it, and it's running pretty good, but it always starts out awesome then gradually gets laggier and laggier.

Also, any way to get Chrome beta on Droid X?

Ok in a attempt to fix my weird problems with my nexus s I think I should reset everything.

Any programs / apps that I can use to backup all my stuff?

Ashhong

There any way you guys would suggest to beef up my Droid X for the next few months until I switch phones? I have Apex on it, and it's running pretty good, but it always starts out awesome then gradually gets laggier and laggier.

Also, any way to get Chrome beta on Droid X?

Assuming you have ICS since you use Apex, Chrome should just be in the market...

Ok in a attempt to fix my weird problems with my nexus s I think I should reset everything.

Any programs / apps that I can use to backup all my stuff?

Rooted? What problems are you having? Titanium Backup for your apps, Go SMS for your texts. What else do you need backed up?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Bought a hp printer today and didn't hook nothing up to it but the power cord. Built in google cloud printing out of the box. dat technology.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, I have a rom question. I know usually its recommended to wipe and delete cache/davlik and so forth before installing a new rom, then not needed when simply updating a rom.

Is that accurate? I am on a stock rom, which has been rooted, and i want to simply apply a updated stock rom (which was OTA but which I declined since I am rooted). Do I just download it and flash in recovery without wiping everything?

Also as to kernels, are they to be applied before or after a rom, and do some roms have a builtin kernel as well? I am still unclear on that point.

Al-ibn Kermit

Android Monitor?

I CALLED IT!!!

I'm thinking it would be something like the current iMac, just a giant display that houses everything, but it can also fold down to be flat on the desk. If you give it a decent pressure-sensitive stylus then you could possibly have a perfect device for graphic designers (assuming photoshop or whatever works well).

Socreges

Banned
Are there emulators for old videogame consoles that work on Android phones/tablets? And are there controllers for Android phones? I guess they'd need to be developed for the hardware (ie, each phone/tablet), not the software (so that one controller would work on all Android platforms).

kehs

Banned
Are there emulators for old videogame consoles that work on Android phones/tablets? And are there controllers for Android phones? I guess they'd need to be developed for the hardware (ie, each phone/tablet), not the software (so that one controller would work on all Android platforms).

Yup, Yup, and Nope.

There's a bunch of emulators, I'm using N64oid and it works fine for the one game I play. You can hook up Wii Remotes, PS3 remotes, pretty much any HID devices to your phone/tablet that's Honeycomb or ICS and it'll work as a controller. Game controller support were included into android in Honeycomb.

Some devices allow USB connections as well for them.

Socreges

Banned
Yup, Yup, and Nope.

There's a bunch of emulators, I'm using N64oid and it works fine for the one game I play. You can hook up Wii Remotes, PS3 remotes, pretty much any HID devices to your phone/tablet that's Honeycomb or ICS and it'll work as a controller. Game controller support were included into android in Honeycomb.

Some devices allow USB connections as well for them.
iD4HYJnOv5OF6.gif

tino

Banned

Xperia Play

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
probably not the appropriate thread for this, but does anyone know if cyanogenmod 9 is available for the google g2 series?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Alright guys, give me your best Google I/O 2012 |OT| subtitles.

(I have one I'm planning to use, but I'm curious if anyone here can come up with something more clever.)

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Alright guys, give me your best Google I/O 2012 |OT| subtitles.

(I have one I'm planning to use, but I'm curious if anyone here can come up with something more clever.)

your phone just became obsolete or something about fragmentation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom