• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Nice, was looking for a consolidated list of rumors.

For the love of God, Andrex if you are going to make this OP - DO NOT GET BANNED! Stay out of the Gaming side.

Hehehe. It would actually be my Apple trolling that got me banned, I would think.

But if I do, most of the work is already done in a Google Doc. I know your G+ so I'll just add you and you can post it.

KStWe.png

SimleuqiR

Nice, was looking for a consolidated list of rumors.

Hehehe. It would actually be my Apple trolling that got me banned, I would think.

But if I do, most of the work is already done in a Google Doc. I know your G+ so I'll just add you and you can post it.

http://i.imgur.com/KStWe.png

Nice header!! Can't wait!!
I hope for the Nexus Tablet. If Coco can sub you, I would definitely be up for back up (in case you get banned)

Needs more messaging icons.

Also hoping for one Messing app to rule them all!!

panda21

anyone have a recent CM9 nightly?

was thinking of switching back from stock now that they have lockscreen weather but I also want custom lockscreen wallpaper. do they have that yet?

and is there a good homescreen widget that looks like the sgs2 weather one?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
and yet they closed the webapp on non android devices gah

Wait, using a Google app... on a non-Android device? What kind of loon would even try that?

Gotta buy into the ecosystem, man. Lock, stock, and barrel. Accept it, and Google shall set you free.

kehs

Banned
So I just realized ICS multitasking is just another vector for app data behaviour for google, by making it interactive they are getting people to rank usage very true to usage patterns.

------
Asus nexus with jelly bean outted.

http://pulse.me/s/9L75T

tino

Banned
I really hope they call 4.1 "4.1" and save Jelly Bean for 5.0.

I can't handle 30 blog articles whining about fragmentation on my rss feeds.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
fuck man

I just bought this tablet which came out less than a month ago and it's already a nexus tablet from the same manufacturer. Fuck phones...the tablet scene is worse. Tablets are outdated before it's on the shelf >_>

Toki767

Wait that Asus Nexus tablet is going to be 200 dollars? I wonder why the fuck phones are 800 dollars than :-/..,
That's always been my thought when it came to tablets vs phone pricing. The lowest iPad model costs less than the lowest iPhone model unlocked.

jobber

Wait that Asus Nexus tablet is going to be 200 dollars? I wonder why the fuck phones are 800 dollars than :-/..,

Radios and processing phone calls. Tablets don't have the radios set up for talking in them so they're cheaper. Blame NEC for the jacked up pricing.

Al-ibn Kermit

Radios and processing phone calls. Tablets don't have the radios set up for talking in them so they're cheaper. Blame NEC for the jacked up pricing.

But there's tons of 3G/LTE tablets out there. How much could a GSM/CDMA radio cost in comparison?

Plus don't forget that tablets have much larger displays and larger batteries that add to the cost. I'm guessing this is more of a marketing thing than manufacturing. A phone is more important than a tablet for most people so therefore, they can gouge you more for it.

Have been going without a case for my s2hd for two months and today I finally dropped it and now two corners of it are cracked and dented. I thought it was stronger than this... Guess I need a case now.

tino

Banned
That's always been my thought when it came to tablets vs phone pricing. The lowest iPad model costs less than the lowest iPhone model unlocked.

You have to pay Qualcomm license fees. Americans are just not use to buy unlock phones. Now you can get a Chinese dualcore phone for $300.

For the tablet owners out there, is it pretty easy to tether your phone to your tablet? Or does the carriers not really allow this (i'm on Verizon).

If not that is there a way to use the hdmi out on your phone to watch videos on your tablet?

snacknuts

we all knew her
Sort of OT, but if anyone is in the market for nice Android decals, I just had pretty good luck with AndroidStickers.com. They were a little slow on shipping, but the quality is good and they gave me a couple freebies.

jokkir

Looks like Swiftkey 3 beta has been updated:

This new Beta has:

Improved prediction algorithms
Better, more consistent punctuation key behavior
Smarter Smart Space functionality (which will make it easier to enter email addresses etc)
A refined experience in Google Chrome Beta
Fixed missing predictions on the longpress of @ and .com
Improved gestures
Eliminated lag on letter pop-ups
Various other minor bug fixes and usability improvements

Download:
http://www.swiftkey.net/updated-swiftkey-3-beta-now-available

Pctx

Banned
fuck man

I just bought this tablet which came out less than a month ago and it's already a nexus tablet from the same manufacturer. Fuck phones...the tablet scene is worse. Tablets are outdated before it's on the shelf >_>
Naw...
I've still got my TF101 and I'm hanging onto the thing until it dies. $400 bucks last summer and I've gotten great use out of it. Focus on what you'll use it for and you won't give two shits about new tablets or specs. The new ones are simply a little bit faster and a majority of them will just browse the web.

RJM77

For the tablet owners out there, is it pretty easy to tether your phone to your tablet? Or does the carriers not really allow this (i'm on Verizon).

If not that is there a way to use the hdmi out on your phone to watch videos on your tablet?

On Sprint i had no issues tethering my tablet to my phone. You probably won't have issues on any carrier with tethering your tablet. If you tether your laptop or pc then i think they can detect the browser you're using and assume you're "illegally" tethering.

jobber

Naw...
I've still got my TF101 and I'm hanging onto the thing until it dies. $400 bucks last summer and I've gotten great use out of it. Focus on what you'll use it for and you won't give two shits about new tablets or specs. The new ones are simply a little bit faster and a majority of them will just browse the web.

I'm just worried about my tablets getting updates. Usually in phone land, a android update can take months to be released while the new phones have it preinstalled. TF301 got an update a couple of weeks ago that added face unlock but no update to 4.0.4. Iconia got an update last week and didn't add face unlock..just screen fixes.

kehs

Banned
I'm just worried about my tablets getting updates. Usually in phone land, a android update can take months to be released while the new phones have it preinstalled. TF301 got an update a couple of weeks ago that added face unlock but no update to 4.0.4. Iconia got an update last week and didn't add face unlock..just screen fixes.

Asus has been pretty good with getting updates out in a timely manner. So I wouldn't stress it too much. As a whole, the company has rarely left users hanging in terms of software support. (Hardware is another matter though.) Hell, they had ICS updates out for devices before Google themselves got them to their devices.

jobber

Asus has been pretty good with getting updates out in a timely manner. So I wouldn't stress it too much. As a whole, the company has rarely left users hanging in terms of software support. (Hardware is another matter though.) Hell, they had ICS updates out for devices before Google themselves got them to their devices.

I totally forgot they were one of the first with ICS. Good stuff.

I guess the Acer tablet will be for custom roms...although I did try CM9 on it and the home button stopped working >_>

SimleuqiR

I kinda want the Nexus Tablet. I dont know why. At $199 its enticing to get it.

I sure hope the Tegra 3 is away better than 2.
My Transformer after the ICS update seems to chung at any little wireless activity.
If I'm updating multiples apps from Google Play and try to navigate to say Chrome - chungs. Boot up time takes forever. Even inserting my pin code, there is a delay. After you see the home screen, the launcher seems to lag (both with stock and Nova).

I'm going to blame ASUS' coding of ICS, because I have zero hiccups on my Tuna.
They might have squashed some bugs, but performance wise the tablet ran faster on Honeycomb.

I want to move to a Nexus tablet so that I can get the same butter smooth experience I have on my Tuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom