• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaere

Thanks. I knew the data would be extra on top of the $25. I thought of ATT first because they provide the best service in my area. I'll take a look into the others. Especially if I'll be paying around the same price for the phone.
If coverage is critical consider:

Straight Talk (AT&T) $45 unlimited all
Page Plus (Verizon) $30 1,200 minutes, 100mb data

On Page Plus your upfront costs are going to be very low. You could get a device twice as fast as that GoPhone for around $80.

Effect

If coverage is critical consider:

Straight Talk (AT&T) $45 unlimited all
Page Plus (Verizon) $30 1,200 minutes, 100mb data

On Page Plus your upfront costs are going to be very low. You could get a device twice as fast as that GoPhone for around $80.

Nice. Thanks. I'll look into those as well.

Ocho

Need help with a friend's Evo Shift.

It charges through AC, it charges through USB. But it refuses to charge at all through any kind of car adapter - we've tried three of them, including one on Amazon specifically sold as an Evo Shift charger, with multiple feedback comments explicitly saying, "this charger charges my Evo Shift". Also will not charge through an external USB battery pack I have.

Could this be some kind of hardware problem?

Possibly the car's charging thingy. Has he tried in different cars? Do they charge other phones. The tests are endless.

Kagami

If you actually want to use your phone as a smartphone under no circumstances should you be using AT&T GoPhone, it's just a bad deal.
I don't completely agree with this, but now that AT&T's dropped mobile data from the 10cents/minute plan, the number of people who would be better off on GoPhone than on Straight Talk (or a different network entirely) is limited.
You have to be someone who (a) uses an average of less than 200MB of mobile data (off wi-fi) per month and (b) wants AT&T's network for some reason (coverage in a particular area, device compatibility, whatever).

DXPett1

Cannot believe how popular the Galaxy Note is over here in Hong Kong, and so far its entirely women you rock the biggest Galaxy. Gotta admit its tempting to have such a large screen but fuck lugging it around. It's fine for the ladies with big handbags...

F#A#Oo

Banned
Cannot believe how popular the Galaxy Note is over here in Hong Kong, and so far its entirely women you rock the biggest Galaxy. Gotta admit its tempting to have such a large screen but fuck lugging it around. It's fine for the ladies with big handbags...

I love my Note...so shaddup your face!

Blackhead

Redarse
I got a 5200 mAh battery for my Note and it still fits in my skinny jeans :O

Anybody help me find a simple hack that changes the menu button to a multitasking buttons? Please? :|

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
What do international Galaxy Notes go for? I may be reconsidering my Galaxy Nexus GSM purchase.

kehs

Banned
Just get a murse
What do international Galaxy Notes go for? I may be reconsidering my Galaxy Nexus GSM purchase.

lol

tino

Banned
I got a 5200 mAh battery for my Note and it still fits in my skinny jeans :O

Anybody help me find a simple hack that changes the menu button to a multitasking buttons? Please? :|

I got a 3030 battery and just ordered another 3250mah battery. I will do some test when I have them.

This thing takes forever to charge from laptop. Probably longer than PSV.

15% more than the crippled, penless Galaxy Nexus.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I mean, why not get a new phone? I have a legit excuse to change it up. The $370 GN GSM deal was too good to pass up but man, that Note seems tempting.

What are the premier AOSP ROMs for the Note? As stock as possible. Any with on screen buttons?

kehs

Banned
I mean, why not get a new phone? I have a legit excuse to change it up. The $370 GN GSM deal was too good to pass up but man, that Note seems tempting.

What are the premier AOSP ROMs for the Note? As stock as possible. Any with on screen buttons?

Just funny seeing you go hack and forth. Id say just hold on to the nexus, since computex is probably going to have a lot showings. Once you get over to Europe you'll have plenty of chances to switch phones.

mturco

Submarino Conversível;38441574 said:
What's the best app for streaming videos from and to the PC?

Plex. Dice is a great player but Plex has a much better interface to browse content and actually varies the video quality depending on your connection.

DarkFlow

Banned
The stock browser is better on my SGS2 and HP Touchpad (both running CM9). The only people I've heard saying Chrome is smoother are those with a GNexus.
Yeah chrome beta runs like butter on my Gnex. I don't even use the stock browser anymore unless a site needs flash.

Nakazato

i need to get a new phone and im debating htc x one att or waiting until galaxy 3. walmart is selling the x one at 158 and i can get it for like 58 dollar with the price match at best buy with gift cards

Toki767

i need to get a new phone and im debating htc x one att or waiting until galaxy 3. walmart is selling the x one at 158 and i can get it for like 58 dollar with the price match at best buy with gift cards
If you need a phone right away there's nothing wrong with the One X. If you can wait a couple weeks I'd do so just to see how the US versions stack

kehs

Banned
Are anybody's gtalk notification getting sent double/delayed/not dismissing when using chat inside the browser and phone?

Yes the one x is amazing.
In my opinion compare to the gnex.
Pros vs the gnex:
Screen
Camera
Battery life
Speed
Sound
Reception.

The only thing the gnex have is AOSP/AOKP
Its pretty much gimp hardware wise.
People who says otherwise probably never even tried a different Android phone and too caught up thinking they will get the latest update...haha..took them long enough to get 4.0.4.

I decided to wait for the US version of the GS3 due to the LTE and the extra ram.

So disappointed though that the gs3s screen ain't better than the one x. But everything else is better.

Ecto311

I agree with all the above posts and I am currently sending back my one x to amazon wireless. I got it from there 2 weeks ago for $129 on upgrade.

It is a great phone but knowing that the s3 has the iphone 4s camera is a seller for me. The cam on this phone is ok, and really decent in low light but for normal shots it sucks. My iphone4 camera is better than this one. The screen is a big deal but I think the s3 screen will be decent.

I was on the fence about it till I seen the ifixit tear down of the phone and found the same cam of the 4s. If the cam is not a big deal then the one x is great. Plus the battery lasts for ever on the one x compared to my old iphone 4.

I never thought my friends tmobile galaxy s 2 would get ICS before my AT&T one.

When is that shit coming? I thought some near final ROMs leaked on to dev sites more than a month ago?

Ydahs

So I was looking at my brother's phone and the non-Touchwiz ICS interface looks vastly superior to that on my GS2. Is there anyway to switch to the standard interface?

So I was looking at my brother's phone and the non-Touchwiz ICS interface looks vastly superior to that on my GS2. Is there anyway to switch to the standard interface?

Put CyanogenMod 9 on it.

Head over to XDA, find a rooting/clock work mod recovery thread and go from there.

What version of the gs2 do you have?

Ydahs

Put CyanogenMod 9 on it.

Head over to XDA, find a rooting/clock work mod recovery thread and go from there.

What version of the gs2 do you have?

Not sure about the version, but it's from Australia and I think they're the same as the European model.

So when rooting and installing CyanogenMod, I'm getting rid of Samsung's version of ICS, correct?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Not sure about the version, but it's from Australia and I think they're the same as the European model.

So when rooting and installing CyanogenMod, I'm getting rid of Samsung's version of ICS, correct?

Yes, you will be putting the CyanogenMod team's version of ICS on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom