• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was speaking more of the actual navigating through the app. Swiping left to right to switch tabs instead of pressing on the tab iOS style.

It doesn't do anything on my Captivate. What does it do on your phone?

Logout and setting.

Is the menu button now a 3 dot thing on the upper right?

Toki767

No way it'll be $150 unless they don't plan on making money off the hardware and hope everyone buys tons of stuff on the Play store. Either that or they use some incredibly cheap parts to build the thing.

tino

Banned
No way it'll be $150 unless they don't plan on making money off the hardware and hope everyone buys tons of stuff on the Play store. Either that or they use some incredibly cheap parts to build the thing.

Its possible if they don't offer any warranty. But yeah customer support cost money.

kehs

Banned
I wasn't expecting the Nexus to hit $400, so I can see a 16GB wifi only version hitting that low, and like $250-$275 for HSPA+ version.

Fezan

so i just bought Xperia U for my sister and its a really lovely phone for its price .I would say its the best among its class.It has all the good stuff.and i like Sony touch wiz more than that of Samsung.Also screen is gorgeous and it has a strong sturdy feel to it
In the end i would say i loved the phone just wished it had more built in memory.
don't know why people aren't hyped about Sony phones.

rozay

Banned
onex-vs-gs32.jpeg
I actually spit my drink out when I got to "disappointing"

HTC #1

Android GAF...

Some crazy thought just struck me...

I was planning on getting the GS3 replacing my One X..

But now I want to keep both, but then I realize they are too dayam similar to both keep.

then the crazy thought, now I'm thinking of getting rid of one(Keep the one I liked more) and getting something crazy.....

Crazy like a symbian phone..one with a really really good camera..

Is that idea too crazy??

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Android GAF...

But now I want to keep both, but then I realize they are too dayam similar to both keep.

then the crazy thought, now I'm thinking of getting rid of one(Keep the one I liked more) and getting something crazy.....

Is that idea too crazy??

Yes. Sell both, forget about Symbian, and go with the Galaxy Nexus.

And now you're thinking of getting rid of the One X for the GSIII. People like you are too fickle to ever have a trustworthy opinion.

I think you should get the N9 just so we can see your complaining about it.

What do you mean too frickle too have a trustworthy opinion?

If a product has fault, I say it, and I don't hold back..

If there's a better product out there then I would want it, whats wrong with that?

At least I'm not blinded and bias fanboyish, thinking that one product is so superior even though the product is lacking in many area....at least I tried other products, and not just claim one product superior.

What if you kept one of them, and got a real camera?

I have have a camera, but not a cameraphone with 41 meg pixel..

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HAHAHA....I would list reasons why you are wrong, but someone might blow a fuse...

but I am planning on getting the next nexus when it comes out.

There's supposed to be five of them, but considering your... erratic buying habits, that may not be a problem. :p

gcubed

I can see them making no money on the tablet whatsoever just to get themselves back in the tablet game

Android GAF...

Is that idea too crazy??

have you considered an iPhone? Windows Phone 7?

So, a couple of rumours I heard at work today.

Sony have committed internally to updating the Q1/2 devices (Xperia S/P/U) to Jelly Bean as soon as they can. The international version of the GX is to be announced very soon, but they have not committed to releasing the SX internationally, but if there is demand they will do so for Q4, it would replace the Xperia P I suppose. There is also one as yet unannounced device that was not present on the leaked roadmap due for release in Q4 2012. For 2013, Sony will cut down the number of devices by around 50% because right now there is too much confusion around their product line up. I think they will bow out of the low-end market entirely, but that is my speculation based on Sony's cost reduction strategies they have released already.

tino

Banned
Android GAF...

Is that idea too crazy??

A really small phone to compliment it, like a Razr. Or any modern flip phone. Make it waterproof even.

Should have gotten the Galaxy Note to begin with heh.

Any Xperia U users here? I'm thinking about getting the phone this fall, but I'd like to hear some user impressions first.

My sister just got the P and it's awesome, I can't see why the U will be any different, it's the same phone with a slightly smaller screen and resolution.

I posted earlier in the thread with impressions of the P:

"I just used a friend's Xperia P. It is a very impressive device, such a shame that the 4.0.4 update won't come until the end of June. If Sony had got this out at the beginning of May with 4.0.3 pre-installed I think it would be the best selling Xperia released this year.

I think my sister is going to get it when her contract comes up for renewal in a couple of weeks as it is the perfect mid-sized phone for people with small hands who don't want an iPhone.

Honestly, for people who aren't bothered by waiting a month or less for the ICS update, the Xperia P is much, much better than the One S. I have used both (the One S extensively) and it isn't even a competition, IMO. The One S feels very cheap and is poorly made, the screen quality is poor at best (It might say AMOLED on the specs, but you wouldn't know it) and the camera is also not very good. The Xperia P will get Sony's new gallery and Walkman apps with the ICS update which look very cool and it has the added bonus of not being bogged down by shitty Sense. God how I have come to hate Sense on ICS.

If I were looking for a mid sized phone with a decent screen and decent power I would definitely put the Xperia P at the top of the pile probably followed by the venerable Galaxy S2. I have sent an email to the mobile editor at The Verge to ask them to re-review it once 4.0.4 is released for it, let's see if they do it. With 2.3.7 I think this phone is 7.5/10, with ICS of the like we have seen on the Xperia GX and SX I think it would be 9.5/10 with just the non-removable battery holding it back."

Just replace P with U and One S with One V.

jokkir

What exactly is "Beats Audio" and what makes it better? Because the only Beats audio I know are the Dr. Dre headphones and those are just overpriced headphones. Is it better than Voodoo Sound?

gcubed

What exactly is "Beats Audio" and what makes it better? Because the only Beats audio I know are the Dr. Dre headphones and those are just overpriced headphones. Is it better than Voodoo Sound?

take pre-programmed equalizer, turn bass up, put beats audio sticker on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom