• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
ulHw2.jpg
:)

gcubed

Amen to that. I really don't understand the trend of wanting inflammatory titles for these threads. AFAIK Apple/Windows-Age GAF doesn't bother with them. No good comes of it.

i agree, but it really is irrelevant. It'll get shitted up anyway even if you put "Google I/O 2012 |OT|" as the title,

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Normally it goes new threads for new news, and if something's significant enough and warrants more discussion, that'll probably happen naturally.

So that's how it goes. During WWDC gaf looked like an apple board at times. A main thread then several other ones with each feature announced. Anyways I am pretty excited for I/O. Can't wait to see what the Android future looks like.

Tendo

Hey all, just recently jumped back into the android world when I snagged a deal on a galaxy tab 2 7". I'm looking for a case now and was wondering if any of you had recommendations. I'm looking for something that is:

1. Leather
2. Easy to snap it in and out
3. Can fold and display the screen upwards

Any ideas?

Hey all, just recently jumped back into the android world when I snagged a deal on a galaxy tab 2 7". I'm looking for a case now and was wondering if any of you had recommendations. I'm looking for something that is:

1. Leather
2. Easy to snap it in and out
3. Can fold and display the screen upwards

Any ideas?

You my friend are looking for the Poetic StandBook Stand Leather Case.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006PWGEQQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

c6879327ce5a7948b9d3d672e3099f3e.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've got AOKP running on my Galaxy Note. Yes! It's always such a pain to figure out how to get this stuff going on a non-Nexus phone. Took a bit but I got it done, phew. Now to get on screen buttons on here and figure out how to disable these hideous hardware buttons.

rc213

Wooo! Got my Sandisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 from Amazon when they were $60 a piece (Deal of the day). Works great on my T-Mobile Galaxy SII running stock ICS 4.0.3.

TeegsD

So whenever one of my friends sends me an MMS and I try to open his SMS thread in the stock messaging app, it just crashes until i delete the thread. Looks like I'm going to have to back to 3rd party SMS apps. Whats the best third party SMS app on the market? The faster and lighter it is, the better. My phone barely lasts 5 hours as it is

jokkir

Trying new roms for my Nexus S: Slim and ParanoidAndroid. The previous rom I used was Androxide and was pretty good. Fast, good/decent battery life and a lot of features I needed.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Does anyone else have problems getting messages from people with Iphones that send to multiple people at the same time? Like my Mom will send a text to me and my other siblings and Ill randomly get a text or 2 in that conversation but that is it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've got AOKP running on my Galaxy Note. Yes! It's always such a pain to figure out how to get this stuff going on a non-Nexus phone. Took a bit but I got it done, phew. Now to get on screen buttons on here and figure out how to disable these hideous hardware buttons.

What's a good note taking, sketchpad app? I want it to fully support my Wacom hardware. I've been using Papyrus. Any vets with input?

Ugh so I just started using the quick controls in ics browser and it's such a pain in the ass to browse gaf. 9/10 times the ring shows up when I don't want it to. I don't know who to blame, the browser or mobile gaf designer.

Doopliss

Ugh so I just started using the quick controls in ics browser and it's such a pain in the ass to browse gaf. 9/10 times the ring shows up when I don't want it to. I don't know who to blame, the browser or mobile gaf designer.
I've been browsing GAF that way for a few months. It's not that hard to tap slightly away from the edge of the screen.

kehs

Banned
It's a combination of both. If you try out ICS Browser + you can modify the edge size so it can only pop up really close to the edge. I have mine set to 20.

---

diaf menu-button-loving-samsung

tmoslider.jpg

kinggroin

Banned
Does anyone else have problems getting messages from people with Iphones that send to multiple people at the same time? Like my Mom will send a text to me and my other siblings and Ill randomly get a text or 2 in that conversation but that is it.

Its an issue with compatibility with I message I believe. Not sure if its apple's or Google's fault here.

So I seem to have somehow gotten a virus on my droid x2. Every time I open my internet I get a pop-up about winning something that requires me to hit "okay" to go away. I've just exited out of the browser app every time instead of hitting "okay".

Is there a simple way to deal with this? I honestly know little to nothing about cell phone viruses and google isn't much help.

zedge

So I seem to have somehow gotten a virus on my droid x2. Every time I open my internet I get a pop-up about winning something that requires me to hit "okay" to go away. I've just exited out of the browser app every time instead of hitting "okay".

Is there a simple way to deal with this? I honestly know little to nothing about cell phone viruses and google isn't much help.

I get this too on my transformer recently. :/ Only happens on on certain sites, not sure its a virus, could be some embedded ad that targets mobile browsers.

rossonero

Trying new roms for my Nexus S: Slim and ParanoidAndroid. The previous rom I used was Androxide and was pretty good. Fast, good/decent battery life and a lot of features I needed.

ParanoidAndroid was awesome on my S2. It was really fast and I loved the tablet mode, some apps get much better when run in that mode.

I can only hope that it comes to the One X as well.

Husker86

Its an issue with compatibility with I message I believe. Not sure if its apple's or Google's fault here.
It's Google's fault for not supporting group MMS. I downloaded GoSMS and turned Group MMS on and now I can group chat with people with iPhones. It's still a bit junky, but it works.

kehs

Banned
My issue is only occurring with the default browser.

Double check the settings to see what you have for your homepage, if not try clearing the data from the browser application ( system settings > Applications > All > Browser > Clear Data).

Note that clearing the data will wipe out your bookmarks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom