• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know a 7/8 year old that could draw me a picture of Jake from Avatar plugging his mindjack into a cellphone? Will paypal money for a happy meal.

-Jtwo

Do we know if Kal-El has a GPU that is on par with the SGX543MP2? Or are we still talking inferior hardware?

How can a company that specializes in gaming and graphic/video cards have a GPU that is lacking so far behind the competition.

Maybe they are just not as well versed in the mobile space. Probably way different that how a CPU can handle it because of different factors, ie: cooling, etc...

ty_hot

Where can I get the Netflix app?

Market says its incompatible with my device, but it says that to a lot of apps that work well.

And I heard there is one fake Netflix app around the web just to steal our pass =/

BootlegSnackz said:
Do we know if Kal-El has a GPU that is on par with the SGX543MP2? Or are we still talking inferior hardware?

How can a company that specializes in gaming and graphic/video cards have a GPU that is lacking so far behind the competition.

Maybe they are just not as well versed in the mobile space. Probably way different that how a CPU can handle it because of different factors, ie: cooling, etc...

They are just getting started. They got a foot in the door with dual core before anyone else. They've barely been in the mobile space for anytime at all, so it'll take a while. SOC's are quite different from dedicated graphics cards.

gcubed

ty_hot said:
Where can I get the Netflix app?

Market says its incompatible with my device, but it says that to a lot of apps that work well.

And I heard there is one fake Netflix app around the web just to steal our pass =/
Search on xda, I also posted the link a page or two back for the latest apk.

Jtwo, strange man, strange.

Kal El, the only thing we have is a random tester of the transformer 2 that showed up on a benchmark page. It wasn't impressive, but it could have been fake

JCX

Does 4G LTE have better coverage than sprint 4G? I dislike how they say it's in Chicago, but it's really just in downtown Chicago.

Cudder

Just popping in to say that I love the fact that the Nexus event is Tuesday night, and not during a weekday while I'm at work. Gonna be all cozy on the couch with some popcorn! :)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Me! Me! Woohoo! We gotta get a AndroGAF group chat going during the event!

Stupid question, but I don't own an Android phone - my stepmother does. I think I just installed the music player, Cubed, but I don't know where the hell it downloaded to.

Jtwo said:
Me! Me! Woohoo! We gotta get a AndroGAF group chat going during the event!

let's do this...so hyped for this phone. Hoping the better specs are the true ones, and hoping for some surprises along the way. Thinking about selling a couple pairs of sb's for the money if i have to import it because of an exclusive...

Have online traffic school i will be doing Monday night so i can have a clear mind with nothing on my shoulders...just happy happy Nexus Prime thoughts

kehs

Banned
Lv99 Slacker said:
Stupid question, but I don't own an Android phone - my stepmother does. I think I just installed the music player, Cubed, but I don't know where the hell it downloaded to.
She should have something called the Market on her phone, then she just needs to a search for cubed inside there.

Wow read that entirely wrong, press home button then look for an icon that is grid of squares that will open the app drawer with everything on the phone.

rabhw

So when Larry Page said something to the effect of "you won't believe what we've managed to do in this release", do you guys think that's just "executive-talk"? Or will Google manage to surprise us with some unforeseen ICS goodness?

Copernicus said:
She should have something called the Market on her phone, then she just needs to a search for cubed inside there.

Wow read that entirely wrong, press home button then look for an icon that is grid of squares that will open the app drawer with everything on the phone.

I downloaded it from Market, then checked the drawer but it's not there.

rabhw

zedge said:
I think it will be like the Nexus S and be on all carriers. They would be stupid not to do this.

If that's the case I hope it isn't like the Nexus S that took an extra 4 months before it came to Canada, that was a ridiculous wait. We got the GS2 fast, so I'm hoping for the best, otherwise I'm buying it unlocked :/

I'm due for an upgrade from Rogers so I'd be tempted to wait until they get it so I can get it at a contract price...but yeah, not waiting 4 months to get this phone.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I want should the event thread title be?

I like
( - Galaxy Nexus Announcement Event *live*

But am open to whatever. I also like the idea of making fun of how random it is. Something like "Live from hong kong on a Tuesday night.."

Whatcha'll think?

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jtwo said:

I like

But am open to whatever. I also like the idea of making fun of how random it is. Something like "Live from hong kong on a Tuesday night.."

Whatcha'll think?
Go for it.

kehs

Banned
Enduin said:
What else can we expect from Tuesday night's event other than the Galaxy Nexus and ICS unveiling?
Update alliance will be updating all current phones out in the market to ics

Lol

kehs

Banned
Jtwo said:

I like

Whatcha'll think?
) Google and Samsung Event.... Maybe, Maybe Not (

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Cudder said:
What more do you want?

I dont know, thats why Im asking. They were supposed to announce ICS and Prime over a week ago and I would expect that could of held up some other companies announcements if they were ICS related. Plus theyre unveiling at AsiaD which is a tech conference so it wouldnt be unheard of that some of the other Android partners would also be there.

Edit: Im in the middle of a two year contract so I dont care so much about the GN as much as I am about ICS and upcoming ICS tablets since Im eager to one, in particular the Transformer 2. So news about that would be great.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
) |OT| and then a subtitle

I don't want to piss anyone off by being too obtuse.

somato

!!! Some guy with a friend @ Google apparently got to use a Nexus... thread is here and for a summary of the juicy bits just read this!

As always, keep your salt shaker handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom