• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um seriously? you want me to look at all your post? C'mon son...I have better things to do.
I can say the same thing and ask you to look at all my post, and check if I hate on everything. But I'm not going to do that...

hahahah do every morning somebody crap in your cereal or something?

typically, when you accuse someone of something and they ask for proof, you show it. you don't go "well, you can find it yourself" and act like they're doing it wrong...

HeySeuss

Trying out Google Play music player and I must be doing something wrong. Why are my purchased songs not automatically being dumped into the music player? I have to play them through the web app which is shit on my phone(nexus). Is a computer necessary to upload them to my player via the cloud?

Or am I missing something very obvious?

Trying out Google Play music player and I must be doing something wrong. Why are my purchased songs not automatically being dumped into the music player? I have to play them through the web app which is shit on my phone(nexus). Is a computer necessary to upload them to my player via the cloud?

Or am I missing something very obvious?

Try turning on auto sync. Mine was off and would not update until I turned sync on.

snacknuts

we all knew her
So I've had ICS on my Razr Maxx since yesterday morning (soak test) and it's glorious. Everything is ridiculously smooth and snappy (it was good on GB). Feels like a new device, and I'm sure there are lots of features I don't even know about yet.

kehs

Banned
So I've had ICS on my Razr Maxx since yesterday morning (soak test) and it's glorious. Everything is ridiculously smooth and snappy (it was good on GB). Feels like a new device, and I'm sure there are lots of features I don't even know about yet.

Have you tried out the webtop mode? All you need is an hdmi cable to a screen.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just want to reiterate how awesome it is to have AOKP on my Note. The Note has also now been officially added to the AOKP supported devices list and updates will come straight from them.

quaere

Anyone use one of these new huge phones (4.5 inch and up) for running? How do you carry it, in hand, in an arm band? Is it as annoying as I think it would be?

3phemeral

I just want to reiterate how awesome it is to have AOKP on my Note. The Note has also now been officially added to the AOKP supported devices list and updates will come straight from them.

Is it using M4? I was hoping for an official port, but I couldn't find it. I did try an unofficial port of AOKP for the GTAB 7" and it works beautifully, so maybe I shouldn't worry so much. Is it ported by an xda user?

Anyone use one of these new huge phones (4.5 inch and up) for running? How do you carry it, in hand, in an arm band? Is it as annoying as I think it would be?

I carry mine (G Nexus) in a zipped pocket (either jacket or pants, depending on weather) and connect using a bluetooth headset. I wouldn't use an armband because it makes my skin itch when sweat collects.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is it using M4? I was hoping for an official port, but I couldn't find it. I did try an unofficial port of AOKP for the GTAB 7" and it works beautifully, so maybe I shouldn't worry so much. Is it ported by an xda user?
It's using the newest build, 40.

The unofficial port is done by an xda member and it works fantastically. It's officially supported now, though, so expect the updates to come straight from the team.

3phemeral

The unofficial port is done by an xda member and it works fantastically. It's officially supported now, though, so expect the updates to come straight from the team.

Sweeeet! I didn't know this. I'll be looking forward to it then.

3phemeral

You're not bothered by the bounce while in a pocket?

There's not really any bounce. The pockets I have are small (the jacket pocket is inside by the chest, not the side pockets), and the track pants I use are also small. It tends to stick to my leg than jumble around. I used to put it in a sling bag, but that would bounce, so I couldn't run as fast as I could because I couldn't tighten the straps enough.

reKon

Banned
Does anyone here on Android 4.0 force GPU rendering for when they play games and if you do, does it seem to have a drastic effect on performance/battery life for any games?

kinggroin

Banned
Does anyone here on Android 4.0 force GPU rendering for when they play games and if you do, does it seem to have a drastic effect on performance/battery life for any games?

All 3d games are HW accelerated as is, but turning it on for some 2d games CAN be beneficial (it can also stop it from running as well). I know when I enabled it for words with friends, the UI ran at 60fps! Also, with 2D apps like Netflix which are too half-assed to enable HW by default, you'll get iPhone level smoothness with it on.

Experiment and see for yourself. Although, as time moves on and more apps are written for ICS and on, it'll be a non issue.

r1chard

This is only good news if they have a) hardware support for decoding and b) transcoding of AC3 audio to stereo. Otherwise they'll be Just Another Software Player in a crowded market, and QQPlayer decodes the AC3 so is winning that market as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: ah. "experimental hardware decoding" yeah, we'll see... at least it'll allegedly use all four cores in my tablet.

A little late to the party I would think. There are a lot of video players for Android already and many of them have support for multi-core software and hardware decoding, AC3/DTS, subtitles, and mkv playback. The only really nice thing VLC could bring is the media server support so your computer can decode and/or transcode the video and take the load off your device, saving it's battery. Of course you'll need to be in an area with WiFi or 4G/LTE support to stream it to your phone, and then you need to watch out for those bandwidth caps.

Is that an ad in the lower left corner?

BXTwo.jpg

e: Oh, it's from the app. I thought that was part of the GTV UI.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That Nexus font on the back looks pretty cheezy. Don't know if convinced.

Edit- Less storage, lower CPU speed, and the same RAM as the GNex... and Tegra 3... Guess beggas can't be choosas at $199.

Hopefully this reignites Android tablet app dev and squashes the Kindle Fire.

Lesiroth

Edit- Less storage, lower CPU speed, and the same RAM as the GNex... and Tegra 3... Guess beggas can't be choosas at $199.

Tegra 3 is faster than the SoC in the GNex, right?

Also, 8GB is just too little. I wonder if it has expandable storage.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Build 40 is out? Schwiiiiing!

SimleuqiR

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/06/th...t-the-nexus-7/

First pics and "confirmed" specs of the nexus tablet. No real surprises.

Looks like a giant Galaxy Nexus. Odd that it does not have the white "Google" logo in the back. Very odd. Unless Google is going to start pushing the brand "Nexus" in front of their own, something doesn't add up.

Also this:

The leaked document also says that the device will be the first to run Jelly Bean, the new version of Android. Details are scarce on Jelly Bean, but the slides tell us that Google will handle operating system updates from now on, which could address the fragmentation problem. We aren’t sure if this statement means that Google will handle all handset updates from Jelly Bean onwards, or if it just means it will handle it for the Nexus 7 going forward. Based on the various arrangements with other manufacturers and telcos around the world, it’s likely to be the latter. We’ll know more come Google I/O.

Sounds like a pipe dream.

tino

Banned

If that recently tablet marketshare survey is accurate, Amazon has higher marketshare (28%) compare to the total Android (non Amazon) tablet marketshate (low 20s).

I guess google has learned from the fire getting to the 199 price point is more important that any feature.

And I agree. Spec doesn't matter.

Jim

I got it on my Maxx also on Saturday morning. It's soo smooth. Seems very close to stock other than a few icon changes and some bloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom