• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
JCX said:
I don't get why Facebook and Twitter don't make better android apps. I want the iOS Twitter for tablet app yesterday!

What's wrong with the Twitter app? Push notifications work great and the ui is pleasant enough (preferred the scrolling clouds from a while back tho). The FB app is a pile of crap though. Notifications don't work. At all. That's pretty much the only thing I use it for and it can't even do that right.

kehs

Banned
OriginalThinking said:
I'd be interested in the hangout if it was text or voice only as it will be 3am in the morning here, I will look like shit after a long day in London + flight back home and I will be in my underwear. Huddle instead?

I think you can join a hangout and just type irc style.

rabhw

Maybe once the ) |OT| is posted, this hangout deal will become more organized, my cat will also be present on webcam :3

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
It should go up a few hours before the event starts.

Wait a second i Just blew my own mind... in hangouts you can group watch youtube vids, right? Can we do that with a live one? or are we gonna have to mess with different tabs?

rabhw

Jtwo said:

Wait a second i Just blew my own mind... in hangouts you can group watch youtube vids, right? Can we do that with a live one? or are we gonna have to mess with different tabs?

That's the big draw of why we wanted to do the hangout, so we could watch together. The consensus seemed to be that there was no reason why it wouldn't work for a live event, as to G+ a youtube video is a youtube video.

tino

Banned
Jtwo said:

Just watch youtube on your 4" google phone, 7" google tablet abd 10" android'd TouchPad. Thats what I plan to do.

Whats the time btw, Hong Kong 10am = EST 10pm tuesday?

kehs

Banned
tino said:
Just watch youtube on your 4" google phone, 7" google tablet abd 10" android'd TouchPad. Thats what I plan to do.

Whats the time btw, Hong Kong 10am = EST 10pm tuesday?

Yup, eastern time is 10PM on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm in a test hangout right now, I just posted an invite.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see any way to add a youtube URL to the hangout. You can only search videos..

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually not doing the test hangout anymore. But I will make a list of all the peeps who want to participate on Tuesday and then we can all cram inside the hangout around 9:30ET/6:30PT and work out the kinks then. I think?

JaseMath

Wfibx.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
lol I'm not even sure I have the bandwidth to videochat multiple ways and watch the live event simultaneously. I guess we'll find out though!

rabhw

Jtwo said:
I'm actually not doing the test hangout anymore. But I will make a list of all the peeps who want to participate on Tuesday and then we can all cram inside the hangout around 9:30ET/6:30PT and work out the kinks then. I think?

I guess the complication of everyone adding each other isn't really needed. As long as everyone has circle'd the person who is hosting the hangout, that's all anyone really needs to join it. In that case someone would need to be the designated host then.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ok yeah, whoever wants to be in charge of hosting can do it then? I was just going to add individuals by their emails in the hangout window, but the other way seems much easier.

Radec

hey, i accidentally disable the moving of an icon on my phone.When you hold an icon for like 2secs it becomes moveable thing.

anyobe knows how to enable it?

im using launcher go btw

JCX

OriginalThinking said:
What's wrong with the Twitter app? Push notifications work great and the ui is pleasant enough (preferred the scrolling clouds from a while back tho). The FB app is a pile of crap though. Notifications don't work. At all. That's pretty much the only thing I use it for and it can't even do that right.

The phone app is fine, but it is awkward to use on a tablet. I tried Twitter for iPad, and it's so smooth and intuitive. All the honeycomb twitter apps are okay at best.

JaseMath

Lesiroth said:
So the new RAZR is just another candybar? I'm disappointed.
In all fairness, the specs are very, very good...and no one knows anything else about it. People are making assumptions based on it having buttons.

Paznos

Looks like a thinner Droid X/X2 nice that it will have a SAMOLED screen but only qHD it's what the Bionic should have been.

tino

Banned
A google hangout can only has max 10 people anyway. I guess whoever can start the hangout tomorrow will start a new thread for it. We will coordinate a second hangout room in that thread. I get home at 8. Too bad I don't have a good webcam.

Futureman said:
what did you think it was going to be? A brain implant?

Maybe a weird Android clamshell phone.

S3oLY.jpg
zUoNf.jpg

Samsung introduces in China the all-new W899 Android clamshell smartphone featuring two Super AMOLED touchscreens. The W899 is probably the first clamshell phone to run Android OS. It works not only with China Telecom’s CDMA 1X and CDMA EVDO 3G network but also supports tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks, making it global-ready.

Doesn't sound that bad.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Copernicus said:
They more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm thinking prefer capacitive buttons....

Same. Aesthetically no buttons is very pretty but in practice I like having dedicated buttons. Having to swipe up on the bezel to bring up the now 3 button menu, why remove the search button its my dedicated voice search button that I love to death, is just an unnecessary action and inconvenience, albeit minor, but still noticeable. Hopefully a year from now when my contract is up theyll still have some kickass ICS phones with 4 dedicated captive buttons, and a shutter button for quick access to the camera, that shit should be standard.

fuenf

Doopliss said:
I wish they would've dropped the SGS2 a few more times to see if it was just luck.

my SGS2 survived a waist high fall too. seemed like all the energy from the fall was absorbed by the battery cover which popped open upon impact.

reKon

Banned
razr looks sexy, but I'm sure I'm going to stick with the nexus. They need to hurry up with this release. I need a new phone very badly right now..

tino

Banned
The RAZR doesn't even look that thin. Its slightly thinner than the Droid X.

I hate that they ruin the name of RAZR. They better have an awesome ad that pay homage to the originl unfolding RAZR ad.

Zapages

RAZR reminds me of Galaxy S2... They should have went with a clam shell Android. That would have been crazy and different compared to everything out there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom