• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
andycapps said:
I'm thinking about starting one regarding the notification system in iOS 5 and how revolutionary it is.

I hear it shows you multiple notifications at once, shit sounds too crazy to work, I refuse to believe it.

SimleuqiR

andycapps said:
I'm thinking about starting one regarding the notification system in iOS 5 and how revolutionary it is.

Copernicus said:
I hear it shows you multiple notifications at once, shit sounds too crazy to work, I refuse to believe it.

I hear ICS will have a new pop-up notification system!!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Radec said:
hey, i accidentally disable the moving of an icon on my phone.When you hold an icon for like 2secs it becomes moveable thing.

anyobe knows how to enable it?

im using launcher go btw

Press Menu, More, Lock/Unlock screen option.

andycapps

Copernicus said:

My mind can't handle that level of complexity. I refuse to believe that anyone has built a notification system that will enable me to read multiple notifications.

total_recall_remake.jpg

gcubed

i was going to make fun of the apple OT's after tomorrow's announcement, but i'm glad someone pointed it out pretty early.

Can we have a widgets |OT| also?

Pctx

Banned
W1SSY said:
Should be 7pm pst if it is 10pm est.
Still... that means I have to wake up at 5:30 to make it in to work... get coffee going, camp in front of the monitor, hit F5 and chat with the cats on G+ before 7am in the GD morning.

Kwixotik

Hey guys. New to Android so forgive my dumb question, but how do I multitask when streaming a podcast? I opened it through gReader and whenever I press the home button or anything, the stream stops. It isn't just paused either, it exits and if I open it up again plays from 0:00.

gcubed

Pctx said:
Still... that means I have to wake up at 5:30 to make it in to work... get coffee going, camp in front of the monitor, hit F5 and chat with the cats on G+ before 7am in the GD morning.

PM

kehs

Banned
gcubed said:
i was going to make fun of the apple OT's after tomorrow's announcement, but i'm glad someone pointed it out pretty early.

Can we have a widgets |OT| also?

There's a fragmentation joke somewhere between all those threads, but I can't seem to make it.

Zeppu

( |OT|
ICS |OT|
Chrome for android |OT|
No hardware buttons |OT|
Live preview of running apps |OT|
CURVED SCREENS |OT|
4.6" < |OT| < 4.7"

What did I miss?

Ferrio

Banned
So are there any android phones that compete with the Iphone 4s specs in the near future? My Iphone 3gs is showing it's age and I really would like to bail from apple (never been a fan of the company).

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
josephdebono said:
( |OT|
I ( S |OT|
Chrome for android |OT|
No hardware buttons |OT|
CURVED SCREENS |OT|
4.6" < |OT| < 4.7"

What did I miss?

Fixed

brotkasten said:
Maybe a weird Android clamshell phone.

http://i.imgur.com/S3oLY.jpg http://i.imgur.com/zUoNf.jpg

Samsung introduces in China the all-new W899 Android clamshell smartphone featuring two Super AMOLED touchscreens. The W899 is probably the first clamshell phone to run Android OS. It works not only with China Telecom’s CDMA 1X and CDMA EVDO 3G network but also supports tri-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks, making it global-ready.

Doesn't sound that bad.
damn, Samsung even copying RAZR

kEgk4.jpg

seriously, that is how an Android RAZR should look!

Zapages

The Faceless Master said:

kEgk4.jpg

seriously, that is how an Android RAZR should look!

Now that looks nice and very RAZR like. Motorolla should have gone with this design.

But oh well... I don't think the new Razr will sell that much as it has nothing to set it apart from the rest of the android cell phones.

Pctx

Banned
josephdebono said:
( |OT|
ICS |OT|
Chrome for android |OT|
No hardware buttons |OT|
CURVED SCREENS |OT|
4.6" < |OT| < 4.7"

What did I miss?

ICS - In case Something |OT| < Happening on your phone.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Ferrio said:
So are there any android phones that compete with the Iphone 4s specs in the near future? My Iphone 3gs is showing it's age and I really would like to bail from apple (never been a fan of the company).

Come back tomororw night.

Pachimari

Is the Nexus Prime revealing tomorrow? When is the OT up?
Oh, and there's a Reeder app available on Android right? It's Google's own?

kehs

Banned
Kwixotik said:
Hey guys. New to Android so forgive my dumb question, but how do I multitask when streaming a podcast? I opened it through gReader and whenever I press the home button or anything, the stream stops. It isn't just paused either, it exits and if I open it up again plays from 0:00.

I think (not sure) greader doesn't support backround playing of podcasts(someone comfirm this?). So I would look for another podcast player.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anastacio said:
Is the Nexus Prime revealing tomorrow? When is the OT up?
Oh, and there's a Reeder app available on Android right? It's Google's own?

If you mean Reader, then yes. Very good app too.

Any feedback on Amazon's today free app, Read It Later?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
josephdebono said:
I'm also thinking we should have an Android 4.0 SDK |OT| and Cyanogenmod |OT|

And a MIUI |OT|. I want to see some of GAFs finest come up with some kick ass themes, lockscreens and icon packs.

Copernicus said:
What about 301? Surely that's too close to call it right? Like...if you have a dead pixel, then it's 300, and that's not over 300!
depending on if it's L or W, you'd need 3-5 dead pixels in a row for it to be under 300 if it were 301.

plus, you would just trade it in as defective, right? right!? i mean, i did that for my DS Lite!

anything that's officially 300 or over (so no to 299.97) is good enough!

kehs

Banned
depending on if it's L or W, you'd need 3-5 dead pixels in a row for it to be under 300 if it were 301.

Well, we are talking low level kirf android devices here.

AndyD said:
If you mean Reader, then yes. Very good app too.

Any feedback on Amazon's today free app, Read It Later?
it was rated at like 5 stars until today on Amazon, the rating has been dropping because people can't log in and are giving it 1 star.

Doopliss

We might as well kick off the Wishlist for Jelly Bean |OT| as well, no point hanging about.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot, in the Android world 'wishlist' is called 'rumours'.

http://i.imgur.com/kEgk4.jpg

seriously, that is how an Android RAZR should look![/QUOTE]
I knew my android phone was missing something, it's the amazing functionality of a physical number pad and back-to-back screens.

Doopliss said:
We might as well kick off the Wishlist for Jelly Bean |OT| as well, no point hanging about.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot, in the Android world 'wishlist' is called 'rumours'.

I knew my android phone was missing something, it's the amazing functionality of a physical number pad and back-to-back screens.
don't forget the ultra fast and amazing T9 text input and dedicated call and end buttons!

kehs

Banned
No bets on the number of primes tomorrow?

-----

Also, too early for an I|O thread? I'm thinking of making the trek to the west coast for it.

Donos

FerranMG said:
I'll try that, thanks for answering.
It's not like this for everyone, then, right?

Not for me and my friends. I hear a sound (you can change it) and see a little green WhatsApp Icon/notification in the left top corner. I think you can change the notification as popup too.

Emily Chu

Banned
SimleuqiR said:
Can a Hangout be done without a Google+ account?

I guess the best thing to do is keep an eye open on your NeoGaf Circle and see who starts a hangout around the time of the conference, then they will share the Youtube stream with everyone in that Hangout.

couldn't we just check gaf ?

most of the reasons GAF is such a oftenly checked place...

it's CONSTANTLY UPDATED 24/7 and the biggest party on the net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom