• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copernicus said:
It's not? Have you seen how long it takes other companies to get updates going?
yeah but all they have to do is software, they aren't a hardware company at all, they have nothing else to do. I just expect sooner.

You may be happy with the schedule but luckily people like me exist who hope for/expect better to push these companies.

Pctx

Banned
XMonkey said:
I'd agree with 1-4, and 6.

Don't see the different processors thing happening. I don't think it will be a AMOLED Plus, and even if it were, iPhone 4 screen would still have a higher DPI. But, I don't think it's a big deal once you're hitting around 300 dpi so the Nexus will have the superior screen easily. Can't see that powerful of a battery in this slim of a phone, with that resolution screen, and dual-core. I'd guess closer to 1900-2000 and expect the same kind of battery life as most good Android phones. 8MP camera, yes. 2MP up front, imo.
Reasons why I think different procs is because Samsung won't have mass quantities of their chip and will defer to the TI chip for the global phone. As for the battery, depending on the design, it will be at least 2000mWH.

kehs

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
yeah but all they have to do is software, they aren't a hardware company at all, they have nothing else to do. I just expect sooner.

You may be happy with the schedule but luckily people like me exist who hope for/expect better to push these companies.

Well, they can't OTA hardware yet, so I'm not sure what else there is for them to be updating.

kehs

Banned
Oops, I just realized I've been telling everyone today is the 18th because the event is on the 19th, but it's tomorrow for me.

Wow.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
galaxy-50-small.png

http://www.androidcentral.com/le-si...features-page-uses-iphone-version-google-maps

rozay

Banned
If my phone has a tendency to act funny and stop booting up when my microSD card is in the slot and works fine when it isn't, is there a way to check what's wrong with the SD card/files on it or should I just get a replacement?

Emily Chu

Banned
Does ICS have phone + SD Card encryption built in ?

my sis's BB has it : /

I mean if that phone is lost or stolen your data gmails, etc are fucked

I know theres auto/remote wipe apps but still

gcubed

Emily Chu said:
Does ICS have phone + SD Card encryption built in ?

my sis's BB has it : /

I mean if that phone is lost or stolen your data gmails, etc are fucked

I know theres auto/remote wipe apps but still
Honeycomb does so its safe to say ics will

I just got that Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 today. The screen is huge but I think I'm going to like that. It's charging right now so I haven't got a chance to use it yet, but I'm pretty excited since it's going to be my first Android device. I've been waiting to sink my teeth into one of these for so long.

dream

Coperdickus, I can't seem to long press on widgets or home screens anymore. Help!

edit: haha, I accidentally locked my desktop somehow. nevermind!

Chrome browser + tabbed browsing

hardware acelleration to make things buttery smooth like iOS and WP7

refinements to UI and refinements under the hood to make everything run better/more efficiently/more enjoyably

Cover those and I'll be a happy camper. 2 of the 3 would be decent enough. 1 of the 3 would be :/. Even more than 3 of the 3 would be hhhhhnnnnnnngggggg.

dream

PS, I am very disturbed knowing that Coperdickus had a 4 minute window to help me and chose not to. The honeymoon may be over.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Pyrokai said:
That's pretty good for me. If I can just get through a day, that would be nice. Which reminds me, does Android allow you to turn 4G off so you can flip between 3G and 4G?
Ya, you're able to.

kehs

Banned
dream said:
PS, I am very disturbed knowing that Coperdickus had a 4 minute window to help me and chose not to. The honeymoon may be over.

I'm too busy prepping my counter trolls for tomorrow.

dream said:
Coperdickus did PM me once and it just wasn't the same. Our schtick requires a resentful audience.

You know that dr3am never responded to me? I thought gaf was a community.

dream

What can I say? You can rip off the name but not the friendly wit.

Hey, that's like a metaphor for Android.

gcubed

Having posters on G+ kinda ruins what I imagined what gaffers look like, not sure how I'm going to handle being in a hangout with video. This huge video of jtwo popped up on my computer today...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I was there to eat your soul! Muauhahahahahaha!!

dream

Copernicus said:
I'm not sure that would stay true if you knew how it all emerged from it's protective origins.

Right dream?

This is true and the talk of videos and hangouts and stuff is making me uncomfortable.

KiKaL

Emily Chu said:
Is ICS coming to older phones like Droid X ?

This is the worst part for me. I am excited to here about ICS...but I know it's not like it will be available tomorrow for my phone. I have a Droid X and I am assuming I will only be getting ICS through custom roms.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
gcubed said:
Are we having a conference thread?
My idea was just to put it up about a half hour before.. right around the time our party starts.

Don't tell copernicus you're making tacos, he'll think you a lying fool.

kehs

Banned
It wasn't the tacos, it was the handlebars dude

dream said:
Coperdickus, now I can long press on the home screen but not on widgets. Help!

widgets lol

(I think it's a CM bug, I think force stopping the launcher should clear it up.)

zedge

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I was just told I should make the event thread tonight. Ill try to have it up after dinner.

dream

Copernicus said:
It wasn't the tacos, it was the handlebars dude

widgets lol

(I think it's a CM bug, I think force stopping the launcher should clear it up.)

That doesn't even remotely sound safe or fun but I will try it.

yay it worked.

kinda.

I can long press every widget except for the one I really want to get rid of.

fuck.

kehs

Banned
dream said:
That doesn't even remotely sound safe or fun but I will try it.

yay it worked.

kinda.

I can long press every widget except for the one I really want to get rid of.

fuck.

What widget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom