• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb

i was able to install g wallet on my t-mobile gs2 (with cm9), but when I try to open it, it says my device isn't yet supported. :/

snacknuts

we all knew her
The Bugless Beast ROM I'm running on my Verizon GNex has Wallet built in even though Verizon has it "blocked." Looking forward to using it now that I can tie it to my debit card.

A question to fellow GS2 owners: my phone sometimes gets really hot after browsing/playing. Sometimes I close it down, come back to my phone after a few hours and the battery is depleted... :/ There were times when my phone's screen just randomly gets up and stays at the lockscreen untill the battery runs out.

Is this a known glitch?

GQman2121

Banned
Made the switch to Go Launcher yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. I've been using their text app for a while, so I don't know why it took me so long.

Ok, I am sick and fucking tired of google search coming up (i assume this is part of google now?) every time i hit the back button and it registers as a long tap because the app was a bit slow. I have now turned off, is there another switch i can hit to get rid of this option?

kehs

Banned
Ok, I am sick and fucking tired of google search coming up (i assume this is part of google now?) every time i hit the back button and it registers as a long tap because the app was a bit slow. I have now turned off, is there another switch i can hit to get rid of this option?

What device?

----

So I guess Launcher 7 is really shitty on ics/jb that's what appears to have been making my NS run like crap. =(

Back to to launcher2.

Phatcorns

Indeed they can. It's for phones bought with value plans, where the customer makes 20 additional payments in addition to the phone downpayment.

If the customer defaults on the payments, T-Mobile blocks the phone from accessing their network, even if another customer is using it.

I would recommend the Nexus from the Play Store. What's your budget?

Sources:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-says-IMEI-is-blocked?p=14671678#post14671678

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1664995

http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/15348?start=0&tstart=0

Oh, that's more or less within my budget actually. I was looking to spending under 300, but I could splurge I suppose. And since it'd be a new phone, I wouldn't have to deal with any of the rest of the hassle.

Thanks for the great recommendation!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
welcome to the Wallet club. Protip: don't try paypass at a Exxon gas pump :x

kehs

Banned
Hey gcube do you still have the Xoom? Have you tied thesoak test with jb on it?

I'm hoping it irons out the little bit of stutter that ICS still had on tegra 2.

-------

nexus_chart.png

lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Modern versions of Android (3.0+) almost up to 1/5 of the pie, nice.

I have the feeling Jelly Bean is going to go up quickly because of the Nexus 7 selling well and it being rolled out to all the Galaxy Nexii shortly. Hopefully. Maybe. >_<

Doopliss

Modern versions of Android (3.0+) almost up to 1/5 of the pie, nice.

I have the feeling Jelly Bean is going to go up quickly because of the Nexus 7 selling well and it being rolled out to all the Galaxy Nexii shortly. Hopefully. Maybe. >_<
There are more devices running Froyo or older.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
2013 will be the year Android really moves from 2nd wave Android into modern Android where IMO things really finally came together with ICS. Just gotta wait till later this year into next when all of those Gingerbread owners make their next move.

It'll be a godsend when 4.0 can be the baseline adk for apps.

GatorBait

if someone sees you with a cell phone near a gas pump, people tend to freak out.

Funny. How that myth gained so much traction, I'll never know. It's actually a little scary how many people blindly accepted that myth without any critical thinking.

Getting back on the recent topic in this thread: I absolutely can't wait until a large percentage of devices are all running on 4.X versions of Android. I really like the look of Jelly Bean and Holo apps and it finally feels like Android has "grown up"/matured. I also think it looks better and cleaner than iOS in a lot of respects now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
You're definitely a linux fan.

=P

LOL.. Nice Catch... :p

Still just going by the evolution that ICS is and the #s it just makes sense. Most people on Gingerbread phones in NA will be coming off their contracts in the next 18 months, and even in say Europe where they aren't on contract the phones will be getting to the point where your average customer upgrades.

We're getting to the point where everything sold on contract (or an on contract like phone) is all going to be stock ICS. All of the new stuff going forward is going to be Android 4.0 +, and most of the old stuff still being sold has been upgraded. There are a few holders on like the Inspire, but from all accounts these phones are being phased out.

The wild card in all of this is how soon they can get a good prepaid phone that's ICS stock verse Froyo/Gingerbread. Still it seems nothing precludes ICS from running on older hardware (just look at the Nexus S) so this shouldn't really be an issue.

This is all coming from the belief that ICS is the big turning point for Android as a whole, and everything else is just going up and up from there.

Now if we can just get all of the apps going forward to use the 4.0.3/4 ADK it would be $$$ as it's quite a larger jump from most apps still targeting Froyo as their baseline.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
2013 will be the year Android really moves from 2nd wave Android into modern Android where IMO things really finally came together with ICS. Just gotta wait till later this year into next when all of those Gingerbread owners make their next move.

It'll be a godsend when 4.0 can be the baseline adk for apps.

It already is for me! Screw the plebs!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I wish I was part of the jelly bean elite. Silly ICS!

My co-worker makes fun of my phone since he has jb on his nexus.

Dizzan

MINI Member
So I got out of my contract today on the proviso that I give them my phone (SGS2) back.

Piece of shit Optus had continuous drop-outs and non connections/network registration errors at my office.

Anyway, so I need a new phone and I', going to Telstra. Paying a premium but after dealing with two shitty providers, it's going to be worth it.

I am considering holding off on a new contract until the next NEXUS is released. Does anybody have any idea when that is? Or speculation on the manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom