• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtop

interesting find

PlaOE.jpg

http://www.mobiflip.de/2011/10/samsung-galaxy-nexus-gt-i9250-fuer-den-deutschen-markt-foto/

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see there is no ugly pattern on the back.

kehs

Banned
Nexus name is dead.

only saving grace is that this model is based of the exynos , and the verizon is based of the IMAP.

136mm tall? ugh

I was okay with the Nexus S sized one...

xtop

nib95 said:
Camera is disappointing. If it has the older GPU rumoured from before as well, the phone is dead to me.

megapixels aren't everything. but it has the 540, which we've known for a long long time. benchmarks leaked today too. it will still be one of the faster android phones.

rozay

Banned
I don't believe that image, seems like a few things are off. Samsung logo on the front? Swype? 1800 band for HSPDA? Seems like an odd mix of elements on the screen dating back to very early builds of ICS.

edit: and I'm glad they changed the soft-button icons.

Jeff-DSA

I really don't care about the GPU. I play games once in a while, but they're a waste of battery more than anything to me. Faster web browsing, faster apps, and a smoother overall performance are all I really care about.

In the end that's why I just jumped in with a GSII. The phone performs beautifully on T-Mobile. I still have a week to return it if somehow the Nexus is coming to T-Mobile and it's that big of a jump forward, but I'm doubting that. I just want to know that I can get ICS on my GSII and I'll be happy.

Today's conference is more about ICS than the phone for me.

nib95

Banned
xtop said:
megapixels aren't everything. but it has the 540, which we've known for a long long time. benchmarks leaked today too. it will still be one of the faster android phones.

What a massive let down. Here's hoping the UK (PAL) version is better spec'd. the leaked international specs (8mp, 1.5ghz processor, same GPU as iPhone etc) seemed ideal.

Also, could you link the benchmarks?

Circle T

I'm calling fake. The gradients on the back of the phone, and reflection on the front, don't seem to imply any curve to the phone, which we know it has. Just doesn't seem correct.

Vyse The Legend said:
Uh, what happened to the FCC's version then? This is devastating... and weird.

I really wish more companies would use penta-band radios besides Nokia. It can't imagine it's cost-effective having to create a completely separate version of a phone just for T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity and other AWS carriers.

DXPett1 said:
I don't need Samsung branding on the front AND the back god dammit

Actually, the double Samsung logo (the NTT docomo promo picture, which is legit, didn't have it) and the very odd, clearly fake ICS screenshot throws the legitimacy/accuracy of this ad into serious doubt.

rabhw

Vyse The Legend said:
Actually, the double Samsung logo (the NTT docomo promo picture, which is legit, didn't have it) and the very odd, clearly fake ICS screenshot throws the legitimacy/accuracy of this ad into serious doubt.

Agreed, if it's not fake I'd at least wager that it's outdated and/or inaccurate.

gcubed

Vyse The Legend said:
5 hours. Then Copernicus can sigh as his dream he's been pushing for today doesn't materialize

Blackhead

Redarse
Zombie James said:
I really wish more companies would use penta-band radios besides Nokia. It can't imagine it's cost-effective having to create a completely separate version of a phone just for T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity and other AWS carriers.
Which is why many don't bother :(. I'd be very pissed if this doesn't arrive with AWS bands. T-Mobile/Wind/Mobilicity have the best plans by a huge margin and I'm done get fucked just 'cos I got an iPhone.

rozay

Banned
DXPett1 said:
Doesn't tell us the specific WCDMA bands, but the rest of the specs are in line with what we've been hearing. Dual band 5GHz wifi, bluetooth 3.0 and 1080p video recording confirmed, so hopefully google actually put some effort into the camera quality for this.

Also, those specifications say yes to a microSD slot...

gcubed

Unknown Soldier said:
If it's not Exynos 1.5 ghz with PowerVR SGX543MP2+ I still be very disappointed. I'm not going to buy early 2011 technology in late 2011.
You will be disappointed since what you posted doesn't exist as a SOC, and the 1.5 ghz exynos isn't out yet.

Paznos

Unknown Soldier said:
If it's not Exynos 1.5 ghz with PowerVR SGX543MP2+ I still be very disappointed. I'm not going to buy early 2011 technology in late 2011.
There is no Exynos with the PowerVR SGX543MP2+ GPU afaik, I would think samsung would be using Mali 400 or it's upgrade.

rozay said:
Doesn't tell us the specific WCDMA bands, but the rest of the specs are in line with what we've been hearing. Dual band 5GHz wifi, bluetooth 3.0 and 1080p video recording confirmed, so hopefully google actually put some effort into the camera quality for this.

Also, those specifications say yes to a microSD slot...

I'm not sure where this person got this spec sheet, but they mention T-Mobile, Verizon, NTT and Bell as "expected" supported carriers.

rozay

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
I'm not sure where this person got this spec sheet, but they mention T-Mobile, Verizon, NTT and Bell as "expected" supported carriers.
Don't know how credible that is, but I'm assuming the specs this guy listed came straight from the magazine, so I'll believe those.

Unknown Soldier said:
yeah, and i'm going to be VERY disappointed if i don't have a threesome with Zoe Saldana and Kelly Rowland tonight.

Specs MUST be fake. It's nearly 2012 for fucks sake, I was expecting Core i7 and a GeForce GTX 590. How am I going to play Game Dev Story 2 now?

Galaxy Nexus is almost here, huzzah! And I like the look of the Droid Razr too. I think it has been a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom