• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Jeff-DSA said:
I really don't care about the GPU. I play games once in a while, but they're a waste of battery more than anything to me. Faster web browsing, faster apps, and a smoother overall performance are all I really care about.

In the end that's why I just jumped in with a GSII. The phone performs beautifully on T-Mobile. I still have a week to return it if somehow the Nexus is coming to T-Mobile and it's that big of a jump forward, but I'm doubting that. I just want to know that I can get ICS on my GSII and I'll be happy.

Today's conference is more about ICS than the phone for me.
Same.

I wont be getting the Galaxy Nexus. The plastic plus the ugly SAMSUNG branding. At this point, whats inside these high end phones are interchangeable so I care more about the looks nowadays.

titiklabingapat said:
I wont be getting the Galaxy Nexus. The plastic plus the ugly SAMSUNG branding. At this point, whats inside these high end phones are interchangeable so I care more about the looks nowadays.

You're going by a leaked (possibly fake) foreign magazine scan? You can't wait a few hours and then judge?

galaxy-nexus.png

search results pulled this up on Samsung's site, but the page is not live yet.

kehs

Banned
BootlegSnackz said:
galaxy-nexus.png

search results pulled this up on Samsung's site, but the page is not live yet.

wtf is this shit, I want a strong curve.

This better be a fatty version for Verizon's LTE BS.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... it doesn't quite match up to the original picture from that video..
Two phones?
Lies?
Bad photography?

Copernicus said:
This better be a fatty version for Verizon's LTE BS.

What if thats true? Now that I look closer, that actually looks significantly different than the one that was in that video.

gcubed

Jtwo said:
Yeah... it doesn't quite match up to the original picture from that video..
Two phones?
Lies?
Bad photography?
The curve on top of it made it look more pronounced. We knew it was going to be the same curve as the S

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
gcubed said:
The curve on top of it made it look more pronounced. We knew it was going to be the same curve as the S
Hmm, I guess you're right. I have a serious iOS devotee over to watch the event with me. He was talkin' some smack! "Its not THAT curved" he said. We'll show him.

kehs

Banned
Jtwo said:
Hmm, I guess you're right. I have a serious iOS devotee over to watch the event with me. He was talkin' some smack! "Its not THAT curved" he said. We'll show him.

Nah, the S is more promiment than even that.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Greyface said:
? the verizon image doesn't have the samsung branding on the front and the app drawer icon is different...

The Verizon version is also a different model number as well...fuck, I give up

Mrbob

Unknown Soldier said:
Whatever. I won't be buying if the Galaxy Nexus doesn't at least match the iPhone 4S specs.

Buy an Iphone 4S then? Nothing wrong with that, as it seems to be a great phone. I'm sure Google won't have a problem filling your spot though, since Android has a lot more market share and expanding at a faster rate.

Ocho

No way it's gonna be two Samsung phones. captainobvious.gif

Sorry to shatter your hopes and dreams. The phone looks awesome anyway.

killakiz

Now the TI OMAP chipset makes sense.... Wonder what SoC they are using for the basebands. The droid RazR and Nexus are probably using the same one, and that's why they are able to be so thin.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
xtop said:
is it just me, or is the camera really slow to open?
It might just be you, but the jury is still out. Obviously.

rabhw

xtop said:
is it just me, or is the camera really slow to open?

I think it's because it was opened when the phone was in portrait mode, so it not only does it have to load the camera app, but also buffer the rotation animation, which makes it feel like it takes a while to load.

That'd be my guess anyways.

Circle T

SUPREME1 said:
Private?

WTF?

Tease.

: (
DOH!! It was up when I left work. Really wasn't much. Just a REALLY blurry, boring tease of the phone. Nothing new that wasn't seen in that leak a couple weeks ago.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Anyone know the cheapest place to get a Galaxy S replacement screen from? So far I've seen 86 euros (120$) as the lowest.

SUPREME1

Banned
Circle T said:
DOH!! It was up when I left work. Really wasn't much. Just a REALLY blurry, boring tease of the phone. Nothing new that wasn't seen in that leak a couple weeks ago.

Lol, it's cool. I guess 7:00pm will be the hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom