• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
New Kobo does look nice (colourful hardware!). Hope they update the app with more stats tracking and social features soon.

I want a new phone.

No scratch that, I NEED a new phone.

Galaxy Nexus looks awesome, and I'd love to give ICS a whirl, but I am sort of drawn to the Droid Razor.

Heck, I'll take anything with dual core and a screen/res greater than 4"/WVGA

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Divvy said:
Any idea when the Galaxy S III will get announced?

I thought I heard CES/January... probably MWC in February though, considering the Galaxy line's tendency to launch earlier outside the US.

Circle T

weekend_warrior said:
I have to say the new Nexus Galaxy looks gorgeous. Even if almost all new cellphones look great nowadays it's still a stand out. Still wish it was more curved like the Nexus Prime renders though.

http://i.imgur.com/WXt81.jpg
The renders were of the phone we got, it was just that curved blue line making it look as if it had more curve.

Futureman

Copernicus said:

I work at the University of Pittsburgh and our IDs recently got updated. We get free public transportation. All we have to do is tap our cards on this target on the bus.

Is this most likely NFC, or could it be something else like RFID? If it's NFC, I could see Pittsburgh next in line for this as they have a tight relationship with El Goog.

Menelaus

Banned
I cannot believe that the RAZR doesn't have a removable battery. I would NEVER get an Android based phone with a locked in battery. I have to pull mine at least once a week.

Any good media managers, ala iTunes, but less shitty? I'd love to have my music and everything sync'd from one place, as well as a good way to back up my stuff.

kehs

Banned
Futureman said:
I work at the University of Pittsburgh and our IDs recently got updated. We get free public transportation. All we have to do is tap our cards on this target on the bus.

Is this most likely NFC, or could it be something else like RFID? If it's NFC, I could see Pittsburgh next in line for this as they have a tight relationship with El Goog.

Could be either, but the transit one is most likely NFC.

JCX

Used google translate today at work to help out a potential student who didn't speak english well. ^5 technology.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Notrollious said:
Any good media managers, ala iTunes, but less shitty? I'd love to have my music and everything sync'd from one place, as well as a good way to back up my stuff.

I use Media Monkey, and Google Music monitoring the same folders. That way I can do everything I need on the PC, then use Google Music on the go with the same files.

kehs

Banned
dream said:
Are there any comic readers better than Perfect Viewer? The UI on this thing is just sooooooooooo janky.

Check the transformer thread, I remember a comic book recommendathon going on a few weeks ago.

dream

Copernicus said:
Check the transformer thread, I remember a comic book recommendathon going on a few weeks ago.

Please aggregate all the data from that thread and present me with a summary, Coperdickus.

kehs

Banned
dream said:
Please aggregate all the data from that thread and present me with a summary, Coperdickus.

You've seen how well put together my threads are right?

Fine here:

I think Marvel released an app.

Menelaus said:
I cannot believe that the RAZR doesn't have a removable battery. I would NEVER get an Android based phone with a locked in battery. I have to pull mine at least once a week.
Yup, same here. Plus, I have to lug a spare battery around. The battery life on today's smartphones are ridiculously shitty.

kinggroin

Banned
dream said:
Blah, I went and looked for myself. They like Perfect Viewer. :/

Sidenote: I miss the numble.

How is it janky? You can customize the panels and touch areas to do/be whatever you want, or nothing at all. not to mention a million viewing and filtering options.

If you have a small collection though, give komik a try.

gcubed

kinggroin said:
no, I meant the ui. like scrolling and such; it all runs at an incredibly low framerate.
Oh, yes. They should look at Comcasts honeycomb app. Its much much nicer scrolling. Slingplayer too

Should I sell my G2 with CM7 on it or should I wait for CM9 before I sell it on craigslist? I'd imagine not too many hardware keyboard phones will be running ICS in December or January.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
People who care about that would be able to do that themselves, no?

Bboy AJ said:
People who care about that would be able to do that themselves, no?

Well, there are also folks that brick their phones all the time that try to do it themselves. I might not be able to charge more but at least its a another selling point.

wario

asus ceo just showed the transformer 2 at asiaD

has nvidia quad core

Shih pulls out what looks like a new tablet.
9:28 am: 8.3-milimeter thin 10-inch screen. It’s the next generation of the Transformer with its plug-in keyboard.
9:29 am: It will have Nvidia’s quad core processor.

kehs

Banned
i-PpNfL3G-M.jpg

Hawt.

Vyer

Husker86 said:
I may be slacking, but there is seriously an iPhone Ringtone thread? Jesus.

what's wrong with that? it's not like they will only work with an iphone. there is some cool stuff in there, beyond the hey look here's an Metal Gear Solid notification sound

Divvy said:
Is this

happening at the same place as this?

with a more asia flavor

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Divvy: Yes.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Well, there are also folks that brick their phones all the time that try to do it themselves. I might not be able to charge more but at least its a another selling point.
I'd probably just sell it asap.

diehard

Fleer
Is it true the GPU in the nexus is a SGX540? Right now its between the 4S and that for me and that would eliminate it for me if it was.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Menelaus said:
Why would you do that?? Just reboot your phone. No need to pull the battery like a Blackberry.

equap

Banned
XMonkey said:
Why would you do that?? Just reboot your phone. No need to pull the battery like a Blackberry.
never had your phone locked up on you and the only way is to pull the battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom